Starting to eat and exercise according to my blood type and hoping to achieve my weight loss goal!

muscleandcurves
muscleandcurves Posts: 5 Member
edited May 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm back again was on a five year break. I had then lost 30lbs and gradually gained all the weight back due to lack of proper diet and exercise. I recently purchased a book called eat right for your type and have been sticking to the guidelines for type O blood type diet. Follow along with me in my journey to a better me and let's encourage each other to be fit and healthy! !! :)

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    So how does one with typo O blood type eat?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    In.
  • arditarose
    So in. For a little.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    So how does one with typo O blood type eat?

Yes - this.
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    In.

And this, too.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    What are the break downs for blood types?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    I heard you're much better off eating and exercising for your astrological sign.
    I heard you're much better off eating and exercising for your astrological sign.
    Agreed. That chart was quite confusing to me though. I'm still not sure whether I'm supposed to be eating lions or hunting down wildebeests.

• muscleandcurves
    Troutsy wrote: »

"Everyone does not have the same basic nutritional needs. We all know someone who is a strict vegetarian and thrives on that diet, while others swear by Atkins or similar low-carb plans. Your nutritional needs can be determined by your blood type. Take a look at the food lists in Eat Right 4 Your Type, they are a guide for choosing the foods that will allow you to lose weight, reduce inflammation, increase energy and lead a longer, healthier life. 
  • arditarose

"Everyone does not have the same basic nutritional needs. We all know someone who is a strict vegetarian and thrives on that diet, while others swear by Atkins or similar low-carb plans. Your nutritional needs can be determined by your blood type. Take a look at the food lists in Eat Right 4 Your Type, they are a guide for choosing the foods that will allow you to lose weight, reduce inflammation, increase energy and lead a longer, healthier life. 

That's not a breakdown
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited May 2015

Yeah, that's not what I asked. I asked for a break down for each blood type.

I don't know my blood type. I guess I can't follow the diet. Too bad :(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    Unfortunately there is no scientific support to eating for your blood type for weight loss and health being any more advantageous than just eating correct macro/micro nutrients for your weight, height, age, gender and according to what goals you're trying to achieve. The marketing of this plan is just that......................marketing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    thats it.

i got fat because my blood type and the 3000 calories of food i ate a day weren't in agreement.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Way too complicated for me. Also, I don't like things that tell me I can't have certain foods. I was looking at a chart for this and one of them was avoid monterey jack cheese, avacado, cantaloupe, blackberries, etc. Like... really? I just can't fathom it.

Good luck OP, hope you can stick to it and then not gain it all back again. Seems to me you've picked a pretty hard diet to sustain.... but good luck.
  • muscleandcurves

Yeah, that's not what I asked. I asked for a break down for each blood type.
    I'm not here to break down each and every blood type that would take all day. I purchased the book Which I included in my response so if you are interested you can read it as I am doing and educate yourself on eating according to your personal blood type. Happy reading! !!! :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    The only one that sounds remotely reasonable is the O type. And even that's a stretch. Type A isn't allowed meat at all.

OP - maybe you should try creating a reasonable deficit and sticking to it? It's gotten me 78 pounds lighter!
  • muscleandcurves
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Way too complicated for me. Also, I don't like things that tell me I can't have certain foods. I was looking at a chart for this and one of them was avoid monterey jack cheese, avacado, cantaloupe, blackberries, etc. Like... really? I just can't fathom it.

Good luck OP, hope you can stick to it and then not gain it all back again. Seems to me you've picked a pretty hard diet to sustain.... but good luck.
    Thanks! I find that cutting certain foods has helped me drastically being that I have the autoimmune disorder Lupus. Cutting out gluten, and dairy helps me feel alot better. I appreciate your encouraging words.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    The only one that sounds remotely reasonable is the O type. And even that's a stretch. Type A isn't allowed meat at all.

OP - maybe you should try creating a reasonable deficit and sticking to it? It's gotten me 78 pounds lighter!

I also prefer this method. Lost 58 lbs and I've also lost 23 of the 24.6 lbs of pregnancy weight on top of that. Calorie deficit will always be the winner.
  • muscleandcurves
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I also prefer this method. Lost 58 lbs and I've also lost 23 of the 24.6 lbs of pregnancy weight on top of that. Calorie deficit will always be the winner.

Wow that's an amazing transformation! Definitely keeping my options open.
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2015
    I actually believe in the diet - and I'll tell you why -- I'm Blood Type AB and it says I shouldn't eat beef, chicken, and pork -- and this explains why anytime I tried the Atkins Diet I could never lose weight. Meat for AB's cause weight gain. It seems like everything they said about AB's was spot on.

I also think this is why some people fair out better with chemo treatment than others - because of their blood type. For instance, type O and B do great with chemo. It explains why my neighbor has done so well with chemo the past 15 years!! She's been battling ovarian cancer that long, but has type O. Her blood type can handle chemo.