At what point do you stop getting chub rub? (chaffing between thighs etc)

Options

Replies

• tamsin_brown
    tamsin_brown Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been a UK size 8 before and still had chafing!! I suppose it all depends on your body...
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body. Even at my lightest (high 120s, 5'8") i still had chub rub... latina background. It wasn't nearly as bad, though. Shorts under skirts & those bandelette things help in the meantime.
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The undershorts look great but they seem kinda expensive when you have to buy several pairs, get them shipped from the USA when you're potentially losing a dress size every two months. Not sure how far into the future I'll need them either? Maybe they have something similar in New Zealand.

I have some lose fitting, thin leggings, but they don't cling to my thighs enough and they do start to rub after I've walked for about forty minutes.
  • xstephnz
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the day when I can walk in normal pants like jeans... like 2 hour walks, without chaffing.
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Chewitz wrote: »
    It's all down to bone structure....

^

If you're within your healthy BMI and your thighs still touch, chances are they will always touch unless you become unhealthily small. I have friends who are quite slender and their thighs still touch. It's based on your bone structure.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think that it is the way you are built more than your weight.
    I don't need to have a thigh gap.
    I never had a problem with my thighs rubbing even at my highest weight. When I stand with my feet together, my thighs touch lightly at the very top crotch area but otherwise do not touch. My hips are 37.5" and my thighs are 17" at the midpoint.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Only when I hit a pant size 6 (dress size 4) at ~135 pounds did I stop getting bad chaffing. I definitely do NOT have a thigh gap lol. Occasionally there is still some chaffing, but I can now go for a three mile run in shorts and not regret it. I feel much better about wearing dresses in the summer though, and that is really what a big goal was for me.
  • rawk_fairy_666
    rawk_fairy_666 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Its weird isn't it, even at my biggest of around 180lbs I have never suffered with chafing. I don't have a thigh gap, and no sign of one developing yet through weight loss, but it's just never been an issue for me.
  • xstephnz
    Options
    Its weird isn't it, even at my biggest of around 180lbs I have never suffered with chafing. I don't have a thigh gap, and no sign of one developing yet through weight loss, but it's just never been an issue for me.

Well, you do weigh 95lbs less than I did at my highest weight! How tall are you?
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    please please don't get caught up in the thigh gap stupidity. if you have narrow hips, no gap. i haven't had a thigh gap ever; even when i was at my fittest and at 15% body fat. not everyone will have that and it's all about how your body is built, not your weight.
  • xstephnz
    Options
    kpodaru wrote: »
    please please don't get caught up in the thigh gap stupidity. if you have narrow hips, no gap. i haven't had a thigh gap ever; even when i was at my fittest and at 15% body fat. not everyone will have that and it's all about how your body is built, not your weight.

See above... :-/
  • xstephnz
    Options

Wow, just watched that video. I wanted to post it on my facebook, but it was kinda shocking- I'm a Christian and didn't like a few parts of it. I was really shocked when she pulled her pants down. If I did that in public I would probably be put back in hospital! (I have Bipolar...)
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I have hella wide hips, but I can't remember a time my thighs didn't touch and rub. Anxiously awaiting the day I stop getting the chub rub!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I still don't have a visible space between my thighs but I have definitely noticed a decrease in that chafing feeling as I lost weight! I used to be really uncomfortable wearing jeans, capris, shorts....basically anything but yoga pants. I no longer have that damn chafing anymore!

Not sure if wearing a skirt will still cause chafing - wearing one at work isn't really an option so I won't have the chance to see for a while. I still put Body Glide on each inner thigh before I run because they do still touch and I don't want to risk chafing.

Whether you have a thigh gap or not is mostly up to genetics - a friend of mine is the tiniest lil thing and she's got a bit of a gap between her thighs. I'm not too much bigger than she is, and I don't.

~Lyssa
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I have hella wide hips, but I can't remember a time my thighs didn't touch and rub. Anxiously awaiting the day I stop getting the chub rub!

Mine have touched for years (but not really chafed) and today, at a BMI of 23.2 (with 9-19 pounds to goal), I finally noticed they gap slightly.

I got some wide hips and an asp you could serve tea on tho
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It has to be more than just thighs touching....my thighs touch a bit at the top Im overweight but never have had the chaffing.
  • xstephnz
    Options
    I got some wide hips and an *kitten* you could serve tea on tho

Lol. It sounds like you are describing my butt!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    xstephnz wrote: »
    The undershorts look great but they seem kinda expensive when you have to buy several pairs, get them shipped from the USA when you're potentially losing a dress size every two months. Not sure how far into the future I'll need them either? Maybe they have something similar in New Zealand.

I have some lose fitting, thin leggings, but they don't cling to my thighs enough and they do start to rub after I've walked for about forty minutes.

Bike shorts from The Warehouse Steph ;)
  • pmg2000m
    pmg2000m Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I had chub rub even at my smallest, which was probably about 110 pounds - size 4. I always had to wear bike shorts under dresses to avoid chafing. Some people will always have it.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Maybe shave/wax that area. I used to find I would get rub burn but then once I had ripped all my hair out in the process I would no longer get rub burn.

Like its the hairs that cause the friction.