Fabletics fitness wear - a warning

Options
Sued0nim
Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
edited May 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Anybody else get the ads following them round for this fitness gear?

Just thought I'd say I tried them and have to say hell no, don't go there

They have some weird membership scheme where you agree to £44 a month which should fund an entire outfit - but have the right to skip a month as many months as you wish

I ordered fitness trousers, a t-shirt and a sports bra .. took the membership scheme because it offered a 50% discount - only I had to return it, the quality of the, gorgeous to look at sports bra, for someone who actually works out and has boobs, was abysmal. I kept the pants and t-shirt because meh .. they're OKish .. I also cancelled my membership. It took me a phone call (premium rate) to work out how to return the goods

They failed to cancel my membership .. and took £44 this month :o .. they were difficult on their premium-rate phone call refusing to return my money due to their 'membership agreement', even told me they'd listened to my initial conversation and I hadn't asked to cancel ...

so I had to take them on .. which surprised them I think

After 3 phone calls, their trying to convince me that I had no right to my money but should buy their substandard fitnesswear instead and paypal involvement I got my money back

But seriously .. avoid this company like the plague .. unless you really are organised, know your rights, can fight your corner and like unsupportive fitnesswear

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this, I've actually looked at their ad a few times.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes me too, I keep going back and looking each time I get an email. I shall not be purchasing :)
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Same issue here. I thought I had canceled it 2 months later.... money gone from my account again!

Wasn't overly impressed with the quality either for the price.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning. I see their ads too, probably more than usual because I accidentally clicked on one once (my cursor wasn't where I thought it was, lol). I'll admit to having occasional "hmm, wonder if my bum would look that good if I wore their shyt" musings.

I did check to see what their inseam length was but never got far enough into it to see that it involved a membership scheme... I'd never have gone for that.

I recently started seeing TV ads for them as well so they're marketing pretty aggressively.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Here in the US we have something similar, also called "Fabletics" I always wondered about it.
  • Sued0nim
    edited May 2015
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Here in the US we have something similar called "Fabletics" I always wondered about it.

I believe it's the same company - fronted by Kate Hudson

It is attractive looking stuff - and I rather like the cut-away back of the blue t-shirt I got .. but really nothing to write home about - terrible customer service, wrapped up in on-the-surface very helpful customer service IYSWIM?

I also noticed that they try to keep you on the phone for a long time - refusing to get to the point despite being asked direct questions

For a UK 0843 number OFCOM says "Calls are charged between 1p and 13p per minute for landline customers, plus a call set-up fee. Calls from mobile phones are typically charged between 5p and 41p per minute, depending on the provider and the number called."
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Here in the US we have something similar called "Fabletics" I always wondered about it.

It is attractive looking stuff - and I rather like the cut-away back of the blue t-shirt I got .. but really nothing to write home about - terrible customer service, wrapped up in on-the-surface very helpful customer service IYSWIM?

I also noticed that they try to keep you on the phone for a long time - refusing to get to the point despite being asked direct questions

For a UK 0843 number OFCOM says "Calls are charged between 1p and 13p per minute for landline customers, plus a call set-up fee. Calls from mobile phones are typically charged between 5p and 41p per minute, depending on the provider and the number called."

It is a division of "TooFab" which is another company I have wondered about.

Yikes! paying for a phone call these days is almost unheard of (unless it is a sex line, of course)

• Sued0nim
    edited May 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

It is a division of "TooFab" which is another company I have wondered about.

Yikes! paying for a phone call these days is almost unheard of (unless it is a sex line, of course)

Also on their website it says you have to pay for returns, only when you call the premium rate line they arrange it for free

it's an abysmal business model .. with fairly average merchandise in this ex-customer's opinion
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    although this is the t-shirt I got .. which I think is cute

not worth the money, but cute

TK1511008-4650-1_577x866.jpg
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    They are really cute outfits, but not very useful unless you actually look like Kate Hudson LOL. I've never ordered because of that. The bras are adorable, but not for my chest. All the strappy looks? Very cute...as long as you have very little body fat!

I've actually really liked my Athleta stuff I've purchased. Despite the insane pricing, I'll continue picking up some of their pieces. Excellent return policy too. I bought yoga pants and a sweatshirt to wear on a 14 hr flight (and to work out in later) and the pants pilled during the flight. I returned them to the store with no hassles.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning. I have seen and been tempted to check them out from the ad on the side here.... did not know anything about a membership... will avoid the temptation, thanks.
    (cute shirt tho)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Good to know. I was actually on the site, looking around. I just didn't love any of the stuff so I didn't sign up. Glad I dodged that bullet.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Jeez, thanks. I nearly ordered from them but was a bit confused by the membership thing. Definitely won't now!
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    thanks for this. Ive never ordered anything as although Im relatively thin, i dont have a flat stomach to show off and figured their clothes would never look good on me
  • seric2000
    seric2000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cute! I bet we could totally make that, @rabbitjb ...with a better quality T-shirt (and way less money). :wink:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    My mom got me a gift credit to Fabletics for my bday. I like their stuff, but I would probably not have gone that route if it wasn't done for me. I haven't canceled; I just defer every month. Most of the stuff I want is out of stock anyway. Their leggings are good quality. Their tops are made for tall women; at 5'3" they're like dresses on me.
  • teamgiff4
    teamgiff4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A friend ordered a whole set for 50% off and she loved it. She also cancelled (because how much workout gear do you really need? ) and she said it was easy and they were helpful and there have been no additional charges.
  • SexyGamerGal
    SexyGamerGal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Noted. I was looking over this site several times trying to decide whether to try it or not. I will stick to my good old getting in the car going store to store for fitness clothes. Works well. No reason to mess with something that works for me I suppose. Haha. So many sites are iffy now a days.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm.... I've had excellent customer service. Never needed to phone anyone. I skip plenty of months due to nothing too exciting. The outfits I have are basically my "low impact" workout outfits. I only buy my running gear from sources specifically targeting running. So, the sports bras from Fabletics are definitely not "high impact" quality, but if you're doing low impact stuff like lifting or yoga, I find their outfits quite comfortable. I've returned 2 items....exchanged really. But, I've never had one hiccup throughout the entire time i've played along. Eventually, I'll close it down, but not because of poor quality items (definitely middle of the road in my opinion) or poor customer service.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback - I nearly signed up but was sceptical about the membership scheme. Glad I didn't bother now and will stay well clear.