Fabletics fitness wear - a warning

Options
2»

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you had a hard time dealing with them. I joined the VIP membership thing and order occasionally, but skip a lot of months. I agree that the bras are useless if you actually have boobs, I don't buy any of those, but I do love some of the shirts and leggings I have gotten from them. I have only had to return one item and I did it all on line and the e-mailed me a mailing label to return it for free. I have never actually spoken to the customer service people.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    I am sorry you had a hard time dealing with them. I joined the VIP membership thing and order occasionally, but skip a lot of months. I agree that the bras are useless if you actually have boobs, I don't buy any of those, but I do love some of the shirts and leggings I have gotten from them. I have only had to return one item and I did it all on line and the e-mailed me a mailing label to return it for free. I have never actually spoken to the customer service people.

well unfortunately they haven't activated an online email response for the UK, you get a pop-up warning saying to call the premium rate phoneline

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

well unfortunately they haven't activated an online email response for the UK, you get a pop-up warning saying to call the premium rate phoneline

They should have that all worked out before offering the service.
  • Sued0nim
    edited May 2015
    Options

They should have that all worked out before offering the service.

Yes I agree but IMHO it was a purposeful business decision .. because the premium rate phoneline is manned by American staff so my assumption is that customers are paying to call through to the US callcentre .. it's possibly also a profit centre for them. They certainly don't include the call rate anywhere obvious on their website

They are banking on customer inertia in terms of cancelling membership, which can only be done through the phoneline or by writing a letter (yes not by email again) .. and supposedly you would get an email confirmation immediately after cancellation, which they didn't mention until they said I had not cancelled. They basically tried to say that as I didn't have an email confirmation I hadn't cancelled and the £44 was theirs and must be spent on product.

They offered to send me the voice recording when they said I hadn't requested the cancellation first time and when I said oh yes please will that be by email, suddenly their policy was not to share recordings

it was interesting how they tried to pleasantly refuse my consumer rights .. it would have worked with someone less .. stubborn
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I think any company which has this kind of monthly subscription is the same. They all rely on people not using but not cancelling their membership.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I actually might look into the legalities of it in the UK, it seems very much against distance selling regulations and a loophole waiting to be closed
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Yeah I actually saw their ad on FB and took a look. I find their practices to be dishonest. They sent an email saying I had 24 hours to get an outfit for $25 but on the website it only gives you 59 mins. Then I read reviews where people said they got overcharged. It reminds me of Julep.. that company does the same as Fabletics. When you call to cancel your membership they refuse to cancel the membership. Fabletics doesn't say anything about a membership anywhere on the site - I am presuming it mentions it when you check out or something. Either way, poor business practice. I would steer clear.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    ...just like the (dis)honest diaper company. Anything that is fronted by a celebrity is usually a red flag for me.
  • BaranVonCoop
    BaranVonCoop Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just speaking to a friend who went through the same problems when trying to cancel....and the exact same feedback on the sports bras.
  • Sued0nim
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Funny, I was just speaking to a friend who went through the same problems when trying to cancel....and the exact same feedback on the sports bras.

It was like a thick layer of cotton .. did nothing to control any kind of bounce

whereas my Gap Sports bras valiantly rise to the challenge of holding those suckers firmly in place ;)
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I actually might look into the legalities of it in the UK, it seems very much against distance selling regulations and a loophole waiting to be closed

It is legal (even if not exactly moral or customer-friendly), but it's unusual in the UK for this type of set-up to be used on a company that sells physical goods rather than something like a dating site.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/recurring-payments
  • Sued0nim
    Options

It is legal (even if not exactly moral or customer-friendly), but it's unusual in the UK for this type of set-up to be used on a company that sells physical goods rather than something like a dating site.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/recurring-payments

"Hopefully, reputable companies will stop filching money when asked to. Yet issues galore can crop up - it only takes a small glitch for it to become a nightmare, with some companies difficult to contact, in financial difficulties or, worse still, plain dodgy."

Thanks for that, interesting isn't it?

I certainly a loophole that should be closed for goods

I linked it to my paypal which this has just prompted me to cancel as the refund has been processed - thank you