Ketogenic diet

Options
Hi just wondering if anyone on mfp is doing a ketogenic diet, I've just started but could go with support off anyone gollowing this for tips snd advice, especially any vegetarian keto dieters

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    There are lots of people doing keto...I'd suggest looking for one of the groups where more specific advice can be given/shared.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Hi just wondering if anyone on mfp is doing a ketogenic diet, I've just started but could go with support off anyone gollowing this for tips snd advice, especially any vegetarian keto dieters

My advice, seriously, don't do keto if you are vegetarian. Both are restrictive plans, putting the two things together seems like a recipe for problems.
  • mch2829
    mch2829 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't do keto, but I do have one little warning. Ketosis is tough on your kidneys. Be prepared to possibly develop kidney stones If you do it, drink plenty of water.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    mch2829 wrote: »
    I don't do keto, but I do have one little warning. Ketosis is tough on your kidneys. Be prepared to possibly develop kidney stones

Nah.
  • micenspicy1
    micenspicy1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice , I done weight watchers and was successful but due to stress and comfort eating have put two stone on so I guess I'm looking for a quick fix but will maybe reconsider the keto diet , just desperate to shed the pounds
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice , I done weight watchers and was successful but due to stress and comfort eating have put two stone on so I guess I'm looking for a quick fix but will maybe reconsider the keto diet , just desperate to shed the pounds

The good news is you are absolutely in the right place to learn how to lose weight. :) It can be done. Most of the time we don't really have the clarity on how to do it, so various "plans" seem appealing. But if you just start by tracking everything you eat (and using a food scale to help you do that), things will start to come together.
  • micenspicy1
    micenspicy1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :)