detox help!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Plus it's unclear if the OP wants a "detox" or a clean out. ..

She never was very clear, was she. And she never came back!

Lately it seems if new posters don't like the replies they receive they don't bother coming back... :confused:

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Lately it seems if new posters don't like the replies they receive they don't bother coming back... :confused:

Or they start a mean people thread.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Or they start a mean people thread.

yes indeedy :confounded:

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I love you people! Faith restored in humanity.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a "clean out" get one of those powders from your pharmacy they give to colonoscopy patients before the big day.....
    It's not a pleasant experience, but you'll be completely emptied out. Just make sure not to venture far from the toilet for 24 hours.
    Other than that, I got nothing.

Um, no, don't do that. Sorry. They aren't even available without a prescription/Drs recommendation in most cases, and improper use of them can seriously mess up a person's electrolytes. That's a bad scene.
    Even properly used they have a risk of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

Eh, I think the hilariously-named "Go Lightly" is prescription only, but when my husband had his scope, they just had him take Miralax, which is out in the general pharmacy in the poop-aid aisle.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    There's a few over the counter preps you can get here in Australia. One of the common ones is called "picolax". Definitely no script needed. This is what they recommend for folks to prepare and empty before a colonoscopy.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    And I noticed again that OP never came back..this is getting to be a trend around here.

I reckon!! :huh: :disappointed:

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    And I noticed again that OP never came back..this is getting to be a trend around here.

Maybe she's on the "throne" :grimace:
  • bridez559
    bridez559 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im back but i just stop cause ppl making jokes i got a sense of humor but im serious loss 16 lb already just wanted help on different things i been thinking about going to try cause im stuck on this one weight and i wanted to try to boost the weight loss so i can start losing it again
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If you truly want help, you need to engage in conversation, and understand that, while you might not like the wording some people use, nobody is leading you astray. If your weight loss has hit a plateau, it's because you are eating too much, or not moving enough, or a combination of the 2. It really is that simple, no need to complicate matters. Learn from others here regarding those 2 items, and those 2 only, and you for sure will figure it out.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Peep detox.

I have had success with this in the past.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Wait, its Cinco de Mayo....
    2onk3yza18bu.jpeg

And this as well
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    bridez559 wrote: »
    im back but i just stop cause ppl making jokes i got a sense of humor but im serious loss 16 lb already just wanted help on different things i been thinking about going to try cause im stuck on this one weight and i wanted to try to boost the weight loss so i can start losing it again

A detox will not boost your weight loss. The reason some people get fooled into buying detox stuff is because it causes some initial weight loss from emptying the bowels and/or being diuretic. As soon as you stop the thing and go back to eating the way you did your bowels will fill up again and you will regain the lost water. It's commendable that you had the sense to ask before going out and buying things or getting suckered into home-made remedies that will cause you nothing but frustration.

"Not losing weight" can be caused by several things, the most common of which is temporary water retention caused by several things like hormones acting up, sodium intake, starting a new exercise plan or ramping up your current one. Inaccurate logging comes right after so you may want to look into that (like using a food scale instead of servings and cups).

The problem with people starting out is that they may have too high of expectations thinking they would continue losing weight after the initial drop at the same pace. The general consensus is that an average overweight person loses about a pound a week (which is why water retention can mask the loss since it can introduce up to 5 bogus pounds).

Just focus on the things that are known to work like eating less than you used to, and don't overwhelm yourself with unnecessary details.

To keep up with the humor in this thread, someone actually asked this question!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHh5VCx3m-Y
  • bridez559
    Options

A detox will not boost your weight loss. The reason some people get fooled into buying detox stuff is because it causes some initial weight loss from emptying the bowels and/or being diuretic. As soon as you stop the thing and go back to eating the way you did your bowels will fill up again and you will regain the lost water. It's commendable that you had the sense to ask before going out and buying things or getting suckered into home-made remedies that will cause you nothing but frustration.

"Not losing weight" can be caused by several things, the most common of which is temporary water retention caused by several things like hormones acting up, sodium intake, starting a new exercise plan or ramping up your current one. Inaccurate logging comes right after so you may want to look into that (like using a food scale instead of servings and cups).

The problem with people starting out is that they may have too high of expectations thinking they would continue losing weight after the initial drop at the same pace. The general consensus is that an average overweight person loses about a pound a week (which is why water retention can mask the loss since it can introduce up to 5 bogus pounds).

Just focus on the things that are known to work like eating less than you used to, and don't overwhelm yourself with unnecessary details.

thank you very much! just needed ppl to answer me lol
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    There is no better cleanse in this world than the Harboro Sugar Free Gummy Bear Cleanse
    I knew this one would come up.
    I can't read this is at work because I laugh so hard I snort.

• bridez559
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    psulemon wrote: »
    There is no better cleanse in this world than the Harboro Sugar Free Gummy Bear Cleanse
    I knew this one would come up.
    I can't read this is at work because I laugh so hard I snort.

yeah not really sure if that would work plus i never heard of it i research it and no like ppl really do this
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR, HANK GREEN?