200 calorie lunch idea?

Options
13»

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The grilled chicken market salad at chickfila is only 200 calories. Add light italian for only another 25 cal I think. Mcdonalds as the grilled bacon ranch for under 200 as well.

...I guess this was needed yesterday, not today.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    4 servings of egg whites with spinach, a whole tomato, and a serving of feta cheese.
    Zucchini noodles with tomatoes and shrimp.
    Low carb tortilla with a can of light tuna and baby carrots (which is my last resort because I really don't enjoy it)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that people suggested "salad". It's very easy to create a salad of 1000 calories or more.

While everything you said is true, I hope it would be clear by my suggestion of "salmon and salad" that some weighing and portioning is required to actually have the = 200 kcals. I didn't think it could be interpreted as just throw any amount of salmon and any amount or type of a salad onto a plate and call it 200 kcals.
  • mch2829
    mch2829 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    200 calories is barely a snack imo. I marvel at how a lot of you live on so little.

It really depends on the calorie density of the food. Try eating 200 calories of cabbage. It's probably more than you can eat at one time since that's about an entire head of cabbage. Or you can eat 200 calories of steak which is just a couple bites.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    150g fat free cottage cheese, 100g of berries (blueberry, strawberry, blackberry or raspberry or a mix) = less than 200kcal.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    2 egg omelette with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and zucchini
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Minestrone soup! I have a recipe for 199 calorie for 2 cups. Just don't add the parmesan cheese!
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/minestrone-soup-recipe.html
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My go to lunch for when I'm planning ahead to eat out is a single serve packet of Starkist tuna (I buy the albacore because I'm picky) on top of a huge pile of greens (lettuce, spinach, whatever); I just buy a bag of the prewashed and eat about 1/2 of it. The tuna is only 80 calories, add the greens (20-40 calories, depending on how much you pile on, usually 20 for me) and you have a really filling meal for 100 calories! You can season it with herbs and spices and maybe some lemon or lime juice to avoid adding significant calories. The protein and the volume is what makes it filling. :smile:

^^This^^
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I usually have some form of lean protein and tons of veggies. I buy precut veggies from the store or use frozen. Then add tuna or chicken. And maybe a tbsp of low cal dressing. I can have a huge container of food for around 200 calories. And all the fiber and protein fill me up. No more sandwiches for me!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    tuna with spinach and tomato, greek yogurt with cocoa powder, pb2 and an oreo cookie, trader joes smoked trout with spinach/tomato
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    One of my go-to's is avocado egg salad, which the avocado replaces the mayo and many recipes on the interwebz, I will either use romaine lettuce to make a "sandwich" or one slice of toasted bread. With regular bread and a serving of the egg salad it is less than 150, then I may also eat grapes or some veggie straws as a side.

A lot of great ideas here. Great question!