Powdered Peanut Butter

Options
Has anyone tried the powdered peanut butter? You just add water, instead of the oil that is typically added. It has about 45 calories per serving vs 190 calories a serving. I don't eat a lot of peanut butter but I do enjoy it from time to time.

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Yes and love it. I use it in my protein shakes. PB2
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's good but the last time I wanted to try it my grocery store didn't have it!
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff! I think it tastes great and fits into my calorie and macro goals better than regular peanut butter. I know there are others that don't like it though. Maybe you can order a small container to see what you think?
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I like it. I sometimes put it in my oatmeal or smoothies. I don't prefer it on toast though, for that I just use regular, natural (make my own in the Vitamix) peanut butter. Some people gripe on the sugar content of the PB2, so if that's a problem for you, consider that. Otherwise, I think it's good - also great to add in protein bars! I am not a big fan of the chocolate PB2 though.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it. I eat it with apples with a little drizzle of honey. MMMM so good. It's good on waffles and pb&j.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I've had it - it's OK. I found that if I really wanted peanut butter, PB2 didn't cut it. But if I just wanted the overall flavor - say, in a protein shake - it was fine.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it just with the water added on it's own, but I really enjoy it stirred into yogurt or in my protein shakes.
  • jessicamcc712
    jessicamcc712 Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks! I will order some to try it! Primarily it will go in my protien smoothies I make for breakfast.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use it as pb like on a sandwich or something, but it's awesome for flavoring other things without adding many calories. Add it to shakes/smoothies, yogurt, baked items, etc.

• slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'd rather use real PB for most things but I think it's useful for smoothies
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't like to use it as pb like on a sandwich or something, but it's awesome for flavoring other things without adding many calories. Add it to shakes/smoothies, yogurt, baked items, etc.

Exactly this.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 in oatmeal and Greek yogurt, pretty much.
  • timmyttt0418
    timmyttt0418 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is really good. They sell it at Target.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I use mine in Plain Greek yogourt along with berries for a PB&J flavour when I don't want added fat for my day - when I've already planned fat from other things like bacon, or blue cheese. It makes a pretty decent Indonesian satay flavour if you mix it with Bragg's Aminos, Lime juice, water, and a teeny bit of sweetener if you like.
  • Hollywood_Porky
    Hollywood_Porky Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Wow - I will have to try this stuff out. Now that I am transitioning into muscle building (God help me please), it's higher protein, carbs, lower fat diet. This stuff looks good - I ditched my Organic PB yesterday to my PT - he looked at me funny, I said something about Paleo, he laughed and said "oh definitely TY". I am reading PB nutritional info - it looks good - take that oil out because that's really the bad part of peanut butter - even organic and simple as peanuts/salt (which mine was).
  • jessicamcc712
    jessicamcc712 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds like powdered is the way to go as an add in. I was thinking about this when I added peanut butter to my smoothie this morning.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I like it to dip apples in.
    I like it with my oatmeal.
    I don't mind it on rice cakes or crackers.
    It's good for protein drinks/smoothies.
    I even use it on a multi-grain wrap with a banana rolled up inside. It's sooo good!

I use the regular PB2, their chocolate variety doesn't take very 'chocolatey' to me.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love it! I use the regular kind and the chocolate kind both.
  • MustangIslandMermaid
    MustangIslandMermaid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like to make 'frosting' with it by adding in two tbsp. of light cool whip and a packet of splenda.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I've had it - it's OK. I found that if I really wanted peanut butter, PB2 didn't cut it. But if I just wanted the overall flavor - say, in a protein shake - it was fine.

I agree with this poster. In something like a smoothie or yogurt it's not too bad but it doesn't compare to a good peanut butter, which I prefer on waffles, apples, celery, etc.