How many calories do you eat a day....

Options

Replies

• portugaline
    portugaline Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    man i workout heavy 1 hour and do 30 minutes light cardio almost every day, i would not be able to do it with 2200 calories.

do you do cardio? if not why you don't do 30 minutes day and allow yourself to eat more and give your body more nutrients.

Far out, I have much higher BF than you, im around 78kg and atleast 20% bf maybe a bit less haven't done a dexa scan in a while

For me to loose weight i need to eat around 1800 per day and i do the following

Lift heavy, every second day for 40 min. Squat, Deads, bench, MP and BB curls.

Run 30 min Monday to Friday - Around 4-5km

Train muay thai 6 days a week for over a hour, Lots of sparring and clinch work too.

I have the energy for it, but its not easy some days

Really want to get down sub 10% bf, i can loose weight quite easy but hard to budge, BF. ive got down to 70kg in the past but no weights and cardio only. I looked crap

This time round heavy lifting and lots of protein, Looking more ripped already but along way to go yet.

Respect mate, i would never have the mind set to do it with only that calories. if you are 78kg and even this way have more than 20% bf eating only 1800 calories to do so much, you need to add some lean muscle to allow you to eat more.

i truly respect you mate 1800 calories for that many is crazy...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Amyaya wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I net less than 1250 each day.

I tried and I ended up eating more. I love food lol I find it so hard staying under 1300...

Do you understand how netting less than 1250 calories per day works?

If I don't do much in a day, I'll eat 1250 calories or less.

If I exercise and burn 200 calories (i.e. walking 60 min) ... I may eat up to 1450 calories.

If I go for a long bicycle ride on the weekend and burn 800 calories ... I may eat up to 2050 calories.

I usually aim to eat about half of what I burn, so I probably won't eat quite that much, but if I'm really hungry I might. Or if I end up going out to a restaurant on a weekend, I might. I even ate half a cheesecake on my birthday, but still netted under 1250 because I had gone for a long ride before the cheesecake. :smiley:

Therefore, because I'm active every day, I rarely limit myself to 1250 calories. I usually eat more than that. But my net calories is under 1250. :)

• portugaline
    Options

I tried and I ended up eating more. I love food lol I find it so hard staying under 1300...

If I exercise and burn 200 calories (i.e. walking 60 min) ... I may eat up to 1450 calories.

If I go for a long bicycle ride on the weekend and burn 800 calories ... I may eat up to 2050 calories.

I usually aim to eat about half of what I burn, so I probably won't eat quite that much, but if I'm really hungry I might. Or if I end up going out to a restaurant on a weekend, I might. I even ate half a cheesecake on my birthday, but still netted under 1250 because I had gone for a long ride before the cheesecake. :smiley:

Therefore, because I'm active every day, I rarely limit myself to 1250 calories. I usually eat more than that. But my net calories is under 1250. :)

i work the same way, i have my calories set to 3100 day and have a watch that monitors my heart hate and tells MyFitnessPal how many calories extra i can eat, i end up always from 4000 to 5000 calories day
  • Amyaya
    Amyaya Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Oh yes ok - I just checked my diary here - my net calorie yesterday was 1365.... (I ate about 1630 and then did a class :))
  • Amyaya
    Options

i work the same way, i have my calories set to 3100 day and have a watch that monitors my heart hate and tells MyFitnessPal how many calories extra i can eat, i end up always from 4000 to 5000 calories day

So when they say how many cal a day - should I be looking at Net cal or total cal i consume?? Sorry bit confused
  • portugaline
    Options
    as i said, if i where you i would eat 1600 on normal days and 2100 in the days you workout.

also remember that if you are lifting weights what is happening is you are breaking down muscle fibers that your body needs to repair. if you workout and don't eat what you need you will end up losing muscle.

• Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mine is set at 2130 calories and I usually consume around 1800-a little over 2000. I'm 6'1", 244 pounds.
  • portugaline
    Options
    i have about 202 pounds
  • Toadstool_
    Toadstool_ Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm not far off your height and weight and eat 1200 calories a day, but I barely exercise. You do exercise a decent amount so 1200 does seem a bit low really. Setting your goals to 0.5lbs a week does sound like good advice. Do you eat back some of your exercise calories? That could also give you a few more to play with.
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm not far off your stats a little heavier i think and have been losing the last couple weeks on 1800ish (I'm a tdee girl) down from 2200 maintance. That being said I am pretty active.

It's hard to lose fat as you get nearer your goals without setting your cals ridiculously low and that just opens up a whole world of new issues.

Your at a healthy weight so why not set it to 0.5lbs per week, the weight should still come off, without feeling hungry all the time. There's no rush to drop lbs at your stats, workouts are impossible for me at 1200 let alone lifting heavy.

(We are the same height, I looked awful at 119/similar to your goals. I'd try a recomp instead of losing if I was you!)
  • Amyaya
    Options
    So.. I had the second round measurements this weekend after about 6 weeks.

My body fat % only went down by 0.1%! So frustrating, I hoped for more than this..... :(:(
    My lean mass went up by 1kg (about 2.2lbs) which is I think an ok result!

As for body weight I gained about 1kg so I cant really tell if I am making a progress or not???

Any advice would be appreciated!

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Usually 1500 on non-exercise days, closer to 1700 on exercise days. 5'1", 27 y/o. Losing roughly .7-1lb a week on average. Would like to get to 120-125 ultimately.
  • Amyaya
    Options
    Usually 1500 on non-exercise days, closer to 1700 on exercise days. 5'1", 27 y/o. Losing roughly .7-1lb a week on average. Would like to get to 120-125 ultimately.

Great effort and result! :) I am not losing any anymore - is this called plateau? :( I would lose about 10.5lbts and then it has suddenly stopped and I am not going anywhere :(
  • likehlikeo
    likehlikeo Posts: 185 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    147 pounds, 6foot 1 inch, I usually have 1600, sometimes less and do not eat exercise calories back, so there are days, where I net only 700, and there are days (like yesterday), where I just ate some Ravioli after dinner, because I like them and was like "Ahhh, why not"...
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    To lose 2 lbs per week, I need to eat 2800 calories a day at my current weight, and 2 lbs is my goal on MFP. I actually was aiming for 2.5, but MFP won't let me go over 2 lbs a week.
  • Amyaya
    Options
    morf13 wrote: »
    To lose 2 lbs per week, I need to eat 2800 calories a day at my current weight, and 2 lbs is my goal on MFP. I actually was aiming for 2.5, but MFP won't let me go over 2 lbs a week.

How do you figure out how many cal to consume to achieve your goal?
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" tall and about 133lb Thank you!

You are at my goal weight (I am also 5'5")' envious, sigh.
  • Amyaya
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I am 5'5" tall and about 133lb Thank you!

You are at my goal weight (I am also 5'5")' envious, sigh.

I lost about 10 lbs slowly in the last 6 months!
    That time I wasnt really paying attention so when I weighted myself for the first time after a long time, it was a surprise I lost 10!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I eat under 800

Am I the only one who saw this?!?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I eat under 800

Am I the only one who saw this?!?

eh...possibly...