Shakeology

Options
inked_Calimom82
inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
anyone have any good Shakeology recipes for the Vanilla flavor? I can't seem to find anything to add to my vanilla packets to hide whatever that nasty after taste :/ I've already tried a banana and vanilla protein powder. And my second attempt was adding unsweetened almond milk and almond butter. The 2nd attempt hide the gross after taste some but still not enough for me to force myself to drink it. I like the other Shakeology flavors but vanilla is just gross!

Replies

• LynetteLHarris
    LynetteLHarris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Strawberries
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    1. Take shakeology tub and toss it in the bin.
    2. Take a few scoops of a protein powder that tastes good.
    3. Mix it with your favorite liquid
    4. yum yum yum
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    OP, if you use the search function you'll find many other threads talking about shakeology,
    what a scam it is,
    how expensive it is,
    etc.

Since it tastes bad to you, how about just eating normal food in reasonable portions... just like
    you'll have to do the rest of your life?
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Throw it out. Eat real food. It's much more sustainable to learn how to create a calorie deficit by eating normal meals than by replacing foods with drinks. I highly doubt you plan on doing Shakeology for the rest of your life so why not learn proper portion control and how to get nutrition from real foods now instead?
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    Lol well the Shakeology was free so I didn't waste any money and it's only the Vanilla flavor I don't like. I like all the other flavors just fine. I have protein powder too, but I like Shakeology! Was just looking for some recipes anyone who actually drinks the stuff, not comments about bashing Shakeology. Thanks anyway for the help.
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    Strawberries

Thanks @LynetteLHarris u are the only one who actually answered my question. I'll try strawberries :)
  • EdnaMae690
    EdnaMae690 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try vanilla almond milk, shakeology pk., powdered PB, banana, and Greek yogurt ;)
    I haven't tried the vanilla but I love greenberry. I usually mix it with almond milk, Greek yogurt and frozen berries.
  • misskatherinerose
    misskatherinerose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Where do you get this shakeology from? I've heard about those VI shakes but they are awfully expensive.
  • TaanyaP
    TaanyaP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Lol well the Shakeology was free so I didn't waste any money and it's only the Vanilla flavor I don't like. I like all the other flavors just fine. I have protein powder too, but I like Shakeology! Was just looking for some recipes anyone who actually drinks the stuff, not comments about bashing Shakeology. Thanks anyway for the help.

I love my Shakeology too and I mix it in my blender with frozen strawberries in place of the ice ...I also add a banana and use almond milk instead of water. Yum!
  • melinda3850
    melinda3850 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i do herbalife... different i know, but i have vanilla shakes, with no fat milk and a handfull of frozen strawberries.

only reason i do the shakes is because i cant seem to eat all my 1600 calorie alotment in one day and i have to lose 60 kg
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    EdnaMae690 wrote: »
    Try vanilla almond milk, shakeology pk., powdered PB, banana, and Greek yogurt ;)
    I haven't tried the vanilla but I love greenberry. I usually mix it with almond milk, Greek yogurt and frozen berries.

I tried it already with banana and almond milk but not any yogurt thanks I'll see if it helps. Yeah I like Greenberry also but vegan chocolate and tropical strawberry are my favs. Waiting on a shipment of those :)
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    Where do you get this shakeology from? I've heard about those VI shakes but they are awfully expensive.

From beachbody and yes it's a lot of money but if u break it down, it's only about $4.00 per meal. I love it! Helps my sugar cravings and gives me energy. Also helps with appetite cravings.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    never tried vanilla. I'm on my last bag of strawberry. I'd add a bunch of different frozen berries/fruit.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    They have a bottom of the bag guarantee. You can return it. I hated the vanilla too. Call and return.

Just read that you got it for free. Check out pinterest I guess. I never could get the vanilla to taste good either so I won't be much help. Good luck!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If they were free and you don't like them, toss them. There is 0 point to eating/drinking something you don't like. Plus, Shakeology isn't very high quality so that makes the "toss in the garbage" thought make even more sense to me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Try peanut butter. Or cocoa powder. Or both.
  • cfroese365
    cfroese365 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would try cinnamon, it covers the horrible lemon flavour of my fish oil
  • stefaniem76
    stefaniem76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like the Vanilla with a banana, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and a drop of pure maple syrup. Tastes like a cinnamon bun.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    That stuff's a scam. You can get far better products for your money, not buying an MLM product. To use up what you have, you could add PB2, coffee, or fruit.