Shakeology

Options

Replies

• rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    By the time I had added enough "extras" to cover up the taste, it had more calories in it than my normal lunch.

Personally, I used to add a banana, chocolate, and peanut butter, but like I said... more calories than the meal I was trying to replace, so I stopped using them.

The only thing I use now is plain old chocolate protein powder. Mix that with some fresh raw milk and you have yourself one of the best drinks on Earth. So rich and creamy and pure. MMMMMMMM
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If they were free and you don't like them, toss them. There is 0 point to eating/drinking something you don't like. Plus, Shakeology isn't very high quality so that makes the "toss in the garbage" thought make even more sense to me.

That was my thought, as well. I could see if OP had spent the money, she'd want to at least use it up.

But, since you don't like the vanilla, either toss it or give it to someone else.
  • inked_Calimom82
    inked_Calimom82 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If they were free and you don't like them, toss them. There is 0 point to eating/drinking something you don't like. Plus, Shakeology isn't very high quality so that makes the "toss in the garbage" thought make even more sense to me.

I like drinking them so I don't want to toss them just because they were free. I just don't like the vanilla flavored kind but I'm runnin low on them and waiting for my shipment of flavors I do like!
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    By the time I had added enough "extras" to cover up the taste, it had more calories in it than my normal lunch.

Personally, I used to add a banana, chocolate, and peanut butter, but like I said... more calories than the meal I was trying to replace, so I stopped using them.

The only thing I use now is plain old chocolate protein powder. Mix that with some fresh raw milk and you have yourself one of the best drinks on Earth. So rich and creamy and pure. MMMMMMMM

Yeah I don't usually add anything to them except water and ice but the vanilla is just gross without something else lol. But I'll just make the hubby drink the vanilla and I'll still with the flavors I enjoy :) thanks for the info.
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    I like the Vanilla with a banana, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and a drop of pure maple syrup. Tastes like a cinnamon bun.

Sounds good I'll try it thanks.
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    never tried vanilla. I'm on my last bag of strawberry. I'd add a bunch of different frozen berries/fruit.

Thanks I will have to lol
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    anyone have any good Shakeology recipes for the Vanilla flavor? I can't seem to find anything to add to my vanilla packets to hide whatever that nasty after taste :/ I've already tried a banana and vanilla protein powder. And my second attempt was adding unsweetened almond milk and almond butter. The 2nd attempt hide the gross after taste some but still not enough for me to force myself to drink it. I like the other Shakeology flavors but vanilla is just gross!

COFFEE!!!! I love making a vanilla mocha! Vanilla Shakeology,Coffee, Almond Milk, & I blend it with ice.
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    anyone have any good Shakeology recipes for the Vanilla flavor? I can't seem to find anything to add to my vanilla packets to hide whatever that nasty after taste :/ I've already tried a banana and vanilla protein powder. And my second attempt was adding unsweetened almond milk and almond butter. The 2nd attempt hide the gross after taste some but still not enough for me to force myself to drink it. I like the other Shakeology flavors but vanilla is just gross!

COFFEE!!!! I love making a vanilla mocha! Vanilla Shakeology,Coffee, Almond Milk, & I blend it with ice.

I hate coffee lol closest thing to coffee I like is Starbucks vanilla bean frap with a shot in it. Thanks though :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    cfroese365 wrote: »
    I would try cinnamon, it covers the horrible lemon flavour of my fish oil

Well that's good to know! I'll keep that in mind :)

@inked_Calimom82 How about trying frozen mango chunks or frozen sweet cherries! Neither one have sugar added and both are fun flavors that might help cover the after taste. I got some frozen cherries the other day to try in my Oatmeal. :)
  • inked_Calimom82
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Where do you get this shakeology from? I've heard about those VI shakes but they are awfully expensive.

From beachbody and yes it's a lot of money but if u break it down, it's only about $4.00 per meal. I love it! Helps my sugar cravings and gives me energy. Also helps with appetite cravings.

I can sell you an empty cup for $3.00 that you can put stuff in to make your smoothie. In fact, it will require less expense on your part to make the smoothie as well, since you won't have to add all the extra ingredients and calories just to cover up the crappy taste of Shakeology. I mean, why get ripped-off by a dishonest Beachbody salescoach when you can come to me, right?

Lmao you don't know what your talking about. There's no dishonest sales coach ripping me off! A friend gave me some Shakeology for FREE, I liked it (except the vanilla), so now I am actually going to buy it (flavors I liked). The only flavor that I wanted to cover up the taste of the Shakeology was vanilla. All the other flavors I can drink just fine with just water. :) I just thought if people read my post they could give me some ideas on what to add to the vanilla. Maybe tell me what they put in theirs. I didn't post the question so I could hear bashing about Shakeology! So kindly keep your negative comments to yourself cause I don't care to hear them. Some people like Shakeology and some people don't. Your comment has nothing to do with my original post! Have a nice day.
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    cfroese365 wrote: »
    I would try cinnamon, it covers the horrible lemon flavour of my fish oil

Well that's good to know! I'll keep that in mind :)

@inked_Calimom82 How about trying frozen mango chunks or frozen sweet cherries! Neither one have sugar added and both are fun flavors that might help cover the after taste. I got some frozen cherries the other day to try in my Oatmeal. :)

@Hearts_2015 ok thanks I'll check that out. :)
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Its not the Shakeology shakes itself that causes you to lose weight, its the fact its helping put your body into a caloric deficit.

I fell under the trap of Body by Vi shakes. Their whole entire meal plan was maybe 1200 calories at best. I was losing weight yes, but as soon as you go off these kind of shakes, you can put the weight back on if you aren't eating a deficit.

I saw once you are out of Shakeology, get some actual protein powder, its a lot cheaper and way more effective.

HOWEVER, try adding frozen berries, bananas, and maybe even PB2 to it.
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    Its not the Shakeology shakes itself that causes you to lose weight, its the fact its helping put your body into a caloric deficit.

I fell under the trap of Body by Vi shakes. Their whole entire meal plan was maybe 1200 calories at best. I was losing weight yes, but as soon as you go off these kind of shakes, you can put the weight back on if you aren't eating a deficit.

I saw once you are out of Shakeology, get some actual protein powder, its a lot cheaper and way more effective.

Yeah I already know that. Never said Shakeology is what makes you lose weight. I don't know how long I plan to drink Shakeology but at the moment I enjoy it and I keep my calorie deficit where I need to to keep losing. So far so good. I have protein powder too but it doesn't work as much to my liking as Shakeology.
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Who cares if she buys it or gets it for free. She was asking for ideas. Geez. Try buying extracts. I use coconut extract and some pineapple = pina colada win win.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I've never tried shakeology, but I do use vanilla protein powder, and when I am pressed for time or need lots of extra calories, I drink different brands of meal replacements. My favourite recipes are:

Coconut yogurt (cultured coconut milk, not coconut flavoured dairy yogurt) and pineapple chunks (assuming your shake is non-dairy. The pineapple might not work with milk) (pina colada)
    PB2 Chocolate and 1/2 a frozen banana (chunky monkey)
    PB2 regular flavour and frozen strawberries or raspberries (PB&J)
    Raw carrot, a few raisins, cloves, nutmeg, and 1 Tbsp cream cheese (I use vegan, but dairy would probably taste even better) (carrot cake)
    Cocoa, sea salt and sugar free caramel syrup (salted caramel truffle)
    Cocoa and peppermint extract (peppermint patty)
    Canned pumpkin, splenda and pumpkin pie spice (kinda obvious, lol)

Lol, I was just saying in another thread that I barely ever eat sweets anymore. Now I realize every single shake recipe I have is based on a dessert, or a cocktail.
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    nickycat73 wrote: »
    Who cares if she buys it or gets it for free. She was asking for ideas. Geez. Try buying extracts. I use coconut extract and some pineapple = pina colada win win.

Exactly! Some people geez. Thanks I'll try that I do like tropical fruits so maybe this will be good. :)
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    nickycat73 wrote: »

Exactly! Some people geez. Thanks
    I'll try that. I do like tropical fruits so maybe this will be good. :)
  • inked_Calimom82
    Options
    I've never tried shakeology, but I do use vanilla protein powder, and when I am pressed for time or need lots of extra calories, I drink different brands of meal replacements. My favourite recipes are:

Coconut yogurt (cultured coconut milk, not coconut flavoured dairy yogurt) and pineapple chunks (assuming your shake is non-dairy. The pineapple might not work with milk) (pina colada)
    PB2 Chocolate and 1/2 a frozen banana (chunky monkey)
    PB2 regular flavour and frozen strawberries or raspberries (PB&J)
    Raw carrot, a few raisins, cloves, nutmeg, and 1 Tbsp cream cheese (I use vegan, but dairy would probably taste even better) (carrot cake)
    Cocoa, sea salt and sugar free caramel syrup (salted caramel truffle)
    Cocoa and peppermint extract (peppermint patty)
    Canned pumpkin, splenda and pumpkin pie spice (kinda obvious, lol)

Lol, I was just saying in another thread that I barely ever eat sweets anymore. Now I realize every single shake recipe I have is based on a dessert, or a cocktail.

Lol Awesome @MakePeasNotWar thank u :)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I don't do Shakeology. However, I do vanilla(or in one case, flavorless) protein powders and I +1 the banana and almond milk. I actually do 1/2 almond milk and 1/2 water to keep the calories down since the banana has so DANG MANY. Perhaps I should consider smaller bananas......NEVAR! :laugh: