Eye Twitching after new bootcamp class

DanieRCC
DanieRCC Posts: 332 Member
I just started a new program at the gym. I have only gone 2 times thus far and it after each my eye twitches for the remainder of the day. Anyone else experience this? Do I just have to get used to this new level of intensity for it to dissipate? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    ...this sounds like one hell of a bootcamp!

No. never had this happen.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Things like twitches are usually a sign of stress/overtraining.

For reference:

http://www.intense-workout.com/overtraining.html
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Sounds odd. Are you sleeping, eating and drinking enough? The only times my eyes twitch is when I'm really exhausted.
  • DanieRCC
    It's kicking my *kitten* that is for sure! Thanks for the article Shadowsan. How much recovery can you need? I had a couple of days between classes and wasn't sore when I went back.
  • DanieRCC
    I have been sleeping fine, drinking at least 2-3 liters of water a day. I have drastically changed my diet recently, maybe my body hasn't adapted yet. I've thrown it for a loop.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Usually eye twitching, is a sign of stress and will go away on it's own.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    DanieRCC wrote: »
    I have been sleeping fine, drinking at least 2-3 liters of water a day. I have drastically changed my diet recently, maybe my body hasn't adapted yet. I've thrown it for a loop.

I'd probably agree.

You might just need to progress things gently for a bit, give yourself chance to adapt.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Eye twitching may be stress, or is may be a misalighnment in your neck/shoulders. I get them when my neck is out and I need a visit to the chiro. Is your routine shoulder/lifting heavy? Your form might be a little off and causing problems with your neck.
  • DanieRCC
    Not too shoulder heavy, but lifting heavy yes (well at least for me). I think I just need to adapt to the changes and if they don't go away I will go visit my friendly MD. Thanks for all the information guys :)