Share Your Whoops Moments

Options
elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
So I am curious what "whoops" moments other have had. By that I mean- what have you over indulged on accidentally/you didn't mean to eat so much of, but ended up eating a ridiculous amount?

I know that there is no such thing as actually accidentally eating something, but to clarify I mean unintentionally having waaaaaaaaay too big of a portion.

For me it was today- I ended up eating almost an entire jar of peanut butter because it just tasted so good with my cut apples. It wasn't until I saw the bottom of the jar that I realized I had over done it lol. Not letting in get me down though. I logged it and use it as a lesson of no more unweighed food (which I normally weigh everything) because obviously I can't be trusted not to over indulge lol.

Replies

• StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Saturday night, did a burger food challenge and completed it, over 10 000 cals !
  • elphie754
    Options
    Saturday night, did a burger food challenge and completed it, over 10 000 cals !

Oh yum! Was it worth it? Lol
  • StereophoneyGaz
    StereophoneyGaz Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It was good but not worth that many cals ;)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I bought a bag of chocolate berries "superfruits" from costco and man is it easy to get a ton of calories fast.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    One of those 8 oz bags of Snyders buffalo wing flavored pretzels. I have restraint and literally almost never overeat foods. But yesterday.... I walked on over to Walgreens and picked one up. Each oz has 140 calories. I proceeded to eat the whole bag while vegging out watching Netflix. I knew that would happen because I can live off of those things!! So good!

Whoops! :wink:

The plus side is... I think the super amount of carbs I had yesterday made today's workout awesome!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Flour tortillas. I buy them to make wraps out of, but I've decided no more - I love them and I can down half a packet (like, 8) in one sitting without even thinking. No fillings, just the tortillas.
  • elphie754
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Flour tortillas. I buy them to make wraps out of, but I've decided no more - I love them and I can down half a packet (like, 8) in one sitting without even thinking. No fillings, just the tortillas.

Not knocking your food choice, but aren't those really plain? Or do you buy "flavored" tortillas?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter filled pretzels from Trader Joes. NOM
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Hummus. It didn't compute just how many calories of hummus I was eating during a "healthy" binge of veggies and hummus!

Now I buy them in little 150kcal servings. Good for me and toddler!
  • elphie754
    Options
    Hummus. It didn't compute just how many calories of hummus I was eating during a "healthy" binge of veggies and hummus!

Hahaha that was my initial thought with the apples too. Figured it couldn't be that bad since it was a "healthy" binge lol.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Hahaha that was my initial thought with the apples too. Figured it couldn't be that bad since it was a "healthy" binge lol.

I swear, the last 30lbs I put on we're all "healthy" foods. I mean bananas and 0% Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey and a few walnuts? How bad can that be?

(Answer: like 500kcal bad!)
  • elphie754
    Options

I swear, the last 30lbs I put on we're all "healthy" foods. I mean bananas and 0% Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey and a few walnuts? How bad can that be?

(Answer: like 500kcal bad!)

Same here lol. I didn't realize just how many calories are in fruit or greek yogurt so was convinced that since it was "healthy" there was no way to overindulge on those foods. 800 calories of fruit later.... Lol
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Yep - I too got fat on a lot of 'good' food.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I cannot have sweets in the house. I am a vacuum cleaner. I have been known to eat 1/2 box of graham crackers in one sitting. And the other 1/2 box later that day. I also go to town on crackers.
  • ivylaurenolsen
    ivylaurenolsen Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Last night I made homemade Oreos for a family dinner. Told myself I wouldn't eat any, ended up having 3 :neutral:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

I've done that.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    The first time I made chocolate whipped cream, I was nearing the end of a carton of cream, so thought I'd just make what was left and have it pre-made for a few days. It was a good idea, if any of it had made it to the fridge.
  • Merci4u
    Merci4u Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My OH brought home two little tubs of mousse for dessert. Ate it then checked cals. 500cal for 250g of mousse. Thats half my day right there!

The lesson is to log/look before eating.

Also, I can eat pasta till the cows come home. 100grams is a whopping 360kcal. Lucky I love pasta so much I don't need a sauce meat or cheese lol
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    One of those 8 oz bags of Snyders buffalo wing flavored pretzels. I have restraint and literally almost never overeat foods. But yesterday.... I walked on over to Walgreens and picked one up. Each oz has 140 calories. I proceeded to eat the whole bag while vegging out watching Netflix. I knew that would happen because I can live off of those things!! So good!

Whoops! :wink:

The plus side is... I think the super amount of carbs I had yesterday made today's workout awesome!

Love those - any of the flavors, but especially the buffalo flavor... I won't even buy them anymore cause I will eat the whole bag or at least half the bag!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Not knocking your food choice, but aren't those really plain? Or do you buy "flavored" tortillas?

Yeah, they're plain. I don't get why I find them so addictive, but I do. omnomnomnom