Anti inflammatory diet

Options

Replies

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sorry to digress but your thread title made me lol "Anti inflammatory diet" as no matter what your dietary preference is on MFP no doubt it will be "inflammatory" if you post about it...

fYaDkoj.jpg

@mianineteen87 I recommend you hang around as this site is very useful and there are very knowledgeable people who often share a wealth of information. Yes occasionally, well often people will disagree but that is how public forums work. Also helps to have a sense of humor and patience.
  • mianineteen87
    mianineteen87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I surf, hasn't worked ): plus cleanses aren't that much. But I live in a place that offers a lot of holistic choices.

Colon cleanse made it worse at first then kept me clear for 6 months then back to western med and in a huge circle or trial and errors and hormone tear to find out I have more testosterone than estrogen, went on spiro for 8 months, upped the dose and *kitten* everything up again. Did accutane, clear for a year. The most changes I've had is when I'm clean eating. But that's for me. Can't say about anyone else.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    You have probably already visited a dermatologist to tailor a treatment plan to your specific needs?

• mianineteen87
    Options
    Sorry to digress but your thread title made me lol "Anti inflammatory diet" as no matter what your dietary preference is on MFP no doubt it will be "inflammatory" if you post about it...

fYaDkoj.jpg

@mianineteen87 I recommend you hang around as this site is very useful and there are very knowledgeable people who often share a wealth of information. Yes occasionally, well often people will disagree but that is how public forums work. Also helps to have a sense of humor and patience.

Funny metaphor ha. I'm patient
  • mianineteen87
    Options

fYaDkoj.jpg

Funny metaphor ha. I'm patient
  • mianineteen87
    Options
    Yeah, you name it I've done it. Western medicine is another thing I have a problem with. Dermatologists don't study much nutrition and put you on one pill to the next. When I cut out dairy is when I saw the biggest improvement in my cysts. But your prob not interested in this lol this will prob be deleted by tomorrow, good luck with everything.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Dude I know, I was just typing fast. Thanks for clarifying. Cleanses and stuff help to rid the body of toxins, either from alcohol consumption or processed foods. Yes. I think you like me, honestly.
    No, cleanses DON'T rid the body of anything with the exception of some water and regular poo. Alcohol doesn't stay in the stomach, it's directly absorbed into the bloodstream and has to be "metabolized" completely out of the system on it's own.
    Again toxins in the body don't exist. Snake venom is a toxin. So are the spores of many mushrooms. The human body doesn't "create" toxins. And unless you're eating poison, you're not eating a toxin. Also NOTHING you eat would rid you of an actually toxic substance in the body. You'd need immediate medical attention for that.
    And yes I like you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    No I do believe
    Yeah, you name it I've done it. Western medicine is another thing I have a problem with. Dermatologists don't study much nutrition and put you on one pill to the next. When I cut out dairy is when I saw the biggest improvement in my cysts. But your prob not interested in this lol this will prob be deleted by tomorrow, good luck with everything.

No I do believe diet could easily affect your skin's condition. I have no problem with you cutting dairy especially if you saw and felt benefits from it. Also it is your prerogative to not want to take pills. I personally hope you get some helpful advice from this thread. The majority of MFP users are in the USA so a lot of them are not currently logged on. Be patient I am sure someone will have shared a similar condition as yourself (acne isn't rare) and may have a solution you find suitable.

• mianineteen87
    Options
    Toxins from harmful mutation cells exist in the body when tumor suppressors are inactive. What about free radicals then and what about toxic levels of lead or aluminum in water
  • mianineteen87
    Options
    Toxins from harmful mutation cells exist in the body when tumor suppressors are inactive. What about free radicals then and what about toxic levels of lead or aluminum in water
  • mianineteen87
    Options
    I dknt know why this thing cuts off my posts. Ehhhhh. Anyways, you should have been nicer in the beginning
  • mianineteen87
    Options
    Lol! It cut off my post again
  • mianineteen87
    Options
    ❤️
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Toxins from harmful mutation cells exist in the body when tumor suppressors are inactive.
    Link for this?
    What about free radicals then
    They exist and are NOT a toxin. Easily countered by consuming anti oxidant foods like raspberries, blueberries, acai berries, etc.
    and what about toxic levels of lead or aluminum in water
    Lol, if there are toxic levels in water, you should be alerting the correct authorities not drinking a concoction hoping to rid the body of it.

You're starting to reach here. You're looking for strong reasons to do an anti inflammatory diet based on information you're receiving from pseudoscience. Again, while there is such a thing a systematic and chronic inflammation, unless you're suffering from it personally (and you wouldn't know unless you've consulted and tested with an immunologist), just eating a balanced diet with just restrictions to things that may cause irritation, should be fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Options
    Some insight into "Detoxes and Cleanses"...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/821828

• mianineteen87
    Options
    I have done an immune test and patch test. Let's see how long I last on this "hippy diet".
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    That's not an anti-inflammatory diet. This is an anti-inflammatory diet.

http://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/

Note that the forbidden/preferred foods are completely different.

You may want to check out individual foods in that book of yours against the data on Nutrition Facts.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2682/2

The idea that plants in the nightshade family are "bad for you" is an urban legend which refuses to die. Which makes me suspicious of your entire list.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've done both GAPS and AIP, both of which are designed to help heal chronic disease and inflammation. I've found both to be wonderful and helpful healing diets. I had the best success with GAPS, but when I tried AIP, I was much healthier so the healing wasn't as dramatic. With each plan, I found some foods that were allowed, but exacerbated my symptoms, and I found some foods that were restricted, but were neutral or improved my symptoms. Just stick to it, track what you are eating and pay attention to any symptoms you may have or any relief from problems. If you're testing your body's reaction to certain foods, give it several days or weeks to see what the result is. Best wishes.
  • mianineteen87
    Options
    I have done a lot of research and I know a lot of people who are doing this. I will look into the other foods more closely but I tested moderately allergic to gluten. It's really intense I know. The same thing with paleo. You basically go back to a hunter and gatherer approach. Nothing fancy, and entirely bland. I've had success on it yet I did not continue. I should post before and after skin pictures.

jgnatca wrote: »
    **duplicate post**

• mianineteen87
    Options
    I've done both GAPS and AIP, both of which are designed to help heal chronic disease and inflammation. I've found both to be wonderful and helpful healing diets. I had the best success with GAPS, but when I tried AIP, I was much healthier so the healing wasn't as dramatic. With each plan, I found some foods that were allowed, but exacerbated my symptoms, and I found some foods that were restricted, but were neutral or improved my symptoms. Just stick to it, track what you are eating and pay attention to any symptoms you may have or any relief from problems. If you're testing your body's reaction to certain foods, give it several days or weeks to see what the result is. Best wishes.

Thank you. I will. (: giving three months, and if all goes well to 6 and so on. Never tracked my food before but this will be good, a chance to really see what I am ingesting. I am naturally very healthy. You'd think I'd have excellent skin. Which is obviously not enough for clear skin. And I've tried everything under the sun, so with the results of being moderately allergic to certain foods and seeing my skin react negatively to caffeine, sugar and dairy I am ready for this challenge. I'm here to support you too. If you don't mind me asking what were you healing?