Rye flakes
    Almond flakes

Cook.

Add Icelandic Skyr yogurt with honey.

Eat.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I put a little bit of golden syrup, banana, walnuts, dark chocolate chips in mine - hence why I don't eat it every day, it ends up being 700 calories of deliciousness.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I put a little bit of golden syrup, banana, walnuts, dark chocolate chips in mine - hence why I don't eat it every day, it ends up being 700 calories of deliciousness.

That's my main issue with oatmeal, honestly. I make a delicious almond butter and jelly oatmeal but that ends up being 450 calories or something.
  • jennakearney
    jennakearney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Made it with water today and tastes just as good just looks a bit less appealing
  • sonu0902
    sonu0902 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thx everyone
  • kokoAndorinha
    kokoAndorinha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Porridge is a weakness of mine but because it's so high in carbs which make me binge, I have to avoid it.
    If I'm going to treat myself to some I'll have:
    Steel cut oats
    Cocoa powder
    Honey or coconut sugar
    Almond or peanut butter
    Chia seeds
    Almond milk
    Mmmmm
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    mistikal13 wrote: »
    I like the texture of bob red mill's scottish or irish oats. I cook them low and slow with whole milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. When it's done I sprinkle with some nuts, dried fruits and a splash of cream. It's a labor of love but so worth the time!

I admit I'm too lazy for that. I microwave mine, lol.

It is pretty time consuming lol

• lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Irish oats with skimmed milk. Little bit of honey and blueberries on top. Yummy.
  • louise3uk
    louise3uk Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    30g porridge oats
    50g frozen berries
    150ml almond or coconut alpro
    All bunged together in a bowl in the microwave.

Overnight oats is a good way to have porridge oats aswell, not sure of the quantities as not had them in a long time but used to use oats, natural yoghurt and tinned peach slices, sometimes a few raisins thrown in too. All in a jar and left in the fridge overnight ready for the morning
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I mix steel-cut oats and quinoa together, cook up enough for the week and divide it into 5 portions. In the morning, I reheat a portion in the microwave, add 10g hemp seed, 5g cacao nibs, 5g honey, 2.5-3 oz fresh yogurt, and about 120g of banana. Lately I have been adding in 2-3oz of dark chocolate almond milk as well. Tasty :)
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    45g of porridge,
    Just under 1/2 pint of skimmed milk
    2mins in microwave (stir halfway)
    Then either chopped banana, raisins or mixed ☺️
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 48g of oats cooked in water on the stove, and topped it with a banana, 15g mini chocolate chips, and 10g pumpkin seeds. Then, I gave it a grind of pink sea salt. It was dessert, so the calories were worth it.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    40g oats
    Half a scoop of vanilla protein
    Water
    Drizzle with melted peanut butter or honey or both and banana slices...very yummy! My protein powder makes it creamy without having to add any milk.
  • meganmickmeow
    meganmickmeow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    40 g of large oats, about the same amount of water, microwave in 1.5 minute intervals, add blueberries, cinnamon, a bit of stevia and then 1/8 to a quarter cup of some kind of milk.

Keeps me full for a pretty long time. I find that oats don't make me crave more carbs, I'm satisfied by them.