FitBit - Yes or No

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I've looked at it after seeing so many people say they love it. I'm not planning to get one. I am happy with my progress without one and money is tight. I'm not a very gadgety person though. I don't even wear a watch most of the time.
  • lizfiz50
    lizfiz50 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Overall, it's a great tool except for stationary bikes. It does not track worth a damn.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    Technically, it only counts if you also move your WRIST more.

LOL. Truuuue. I should probably get on that. I've been slacking!

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    lizfiz50 wrote: »
    Overall, it's a great tool except for stationary bikes. It does not track worth a damn.

I have been known to clip my One to my sock while on my stationary bike... :innocent:
  • jab4743
    jab4743 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit Surge, used the Basis, and I am getting the Apple Watch. They are all great products. You need to consider your goals and price points. I like the surge alot. However the HRM is not real time. I wear a chest strap HRM with the Suunto Ambit 2 to get my just in time HR. The Basis was ok but the Surge has a bigger community base and integrates with more products and applications (myfitnesspal and diettogo as examples). The Surge keeps track of steps - the Apple Watch does not. If it wasn't for all the other apps on the Apple Watch - I would not have ordered it. The people I know with the Apple Watch think it is a great product.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    eileensofianmushinfine Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the Fitbit Charge HR for Mother's Day. It's on order and i can't wait until it gets here!!! I had a vivofit and loved the step-counter and sleep graphs. Since I lost my vivofit, I decided to upgrade to a model with a HR monitor. I never eat back my exercise calories, so while calories burned is "interesting", they are of no consequence related to MFP.
  • meghanrushman
    meghanrushman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Where is the best place to get a fit bit?
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    eileensofianmushinfine Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    my husband ordered mine directly online from fitbit. We tried Best Buy and other stores around here but none had the fitbit charge HR in stock. He was given a 3-4 week delivery window.
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just got a fit it flex for mothers day and I love it! Definitely a good motivation to get moving, since it tells on me when I'm lazy! There is no lying to yourself when it's staring at you from your phone screen!
  • mallywittek
    mallywittek Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Yes

But basic like the zip

Not the HRM

I have the zip and it's just what I need! Plus the website is helpful and you can link it to mfp!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Where is the best place to get a fit bit?

Depends which one you want, some can be out of stock.

I found my flex at REI, but we had to go/call Sports Authority, all our local Fred Meyers and Walmart's, and Dick's Sporting goods to find my boyfriends charge HR in a large. Target should have them too.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My activity level has gone through the roof since getting a fitbit. I've got the basic zip as I've heard too many negatives about the HRM ones, plus I'm not keen on wearing a bracelet, plus I often walk with my hands in my pockets because it's getting cold here. The only exercise I do is walking, so an expensive heart rate monitor fitbit would probably be a waste of money for me.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am totally lost without my Fitbit. I chose the Flex so I could wear it 24/7 including in the shower and in the pool. It is the only Fitbit model that is water resistant.
  • princesskitty4
    princesskitty4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ohhh hell yes, and then add friends to it with chalenges! youll c its amazing!
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes! Helps keep me moving all day!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    How is the sleep tracking for Charge HR? Is it accurate?
  • haggs88
    haggs88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    FitBit's are fantastic! Get one!
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have the Charge HR.

It's not going to be 100% but like any measuring device, you can spot trends.

Helps me eat enough on rest days.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide between the Charge HR and the Surge.

If you want to use it to track your HR during exercise, one thing to know is that the Charge uses some data type that can't be read by other apps. I didn't find out until I linked it to MapMyRide for the real time audio feedback to stay in the right HR zone...and found out that doesn't work with the Charge. I wish I'd gone ahead and spent the extra for the Surge.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR and I love it!! People say it isn't accurate but I have lost 30lbs using it and at the beginning I ate back 50-75% of the exercise calories it gave me. Now I find I don't need to eat that much in general but I have MFP set to 1lb loss a week and I've been loosing 1.5lbs a week with cheat meals on weekends. I'm very Happy with it. Plus the sleep tracker is really Cool, if not very useful. ;)