What is the Egg diet? Has anyone heard of it?

Replies

• tingtongabc123
    tingtongabc123 Posts: 17 Member
    By the way, for those who are interested, that is the variety of food, that we have in our first week for two people. You could eat even more but thats the amounts that we normally would eat, have not been hungry yet and we had sometimes even leftovers
    .x0je0ha86djf.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    The cross-contamination in that picture frightens me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    lexy83 wrote: »
    What is the Egg diet? Has anyone heard of it? I am doing the Low-Carb diet but this one sounds like its the same type of diet but stricker.

Egg diet has been around for years, and I tried it years ago. I farted a lot, and I think I lasted a day or two at the most. The people in my life did not last that long around me. :)

Eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Hmmm... your house must be stinky.

LOL!
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Do you have to be an Egg to do it?
  • audreykts
    audreykts Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2015
    It's a fad diet that dictates what you can eat or when. Most people who do these go back to their regular eating habits at some point and gain all of their weight back or more.
  • tingtongabc123
    tingtongabc123 Posts: 17 Member
    JordisTSM wrote: »
    Do you have to be an Egg to do it?

trololo-o.gif
    audreykts wrote: »
    Most people who do these go back to their regular eating habits at some point and gain all of their weight back or more.

Well that is certainly correct, there is nothing you can do if you get your regular habits back. Then its just your own fault.
    The diet helps you to kick start. You loose a lot of weight to continue EATING HEALTHY, and makes exercising a lot easier after loosing a lot of weight. And gives you a lot of motivation to keep going. A diet is not something magical that makes you loose weight forever going back to your old habits that brought you in first place there. So much sense everybody should have to realize that.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    it's idiotic

that's what it is

idiotic
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    I believe it's called the Commando diet.

I have friends that often do it. Funnily enough... They all stay pretty fat afterwards. Unlike me. On my normal healthy way of losing weight.

:lol:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    I am doing it with my husband atm. I love it! I do crave a lot of things that are absolutely prohibited but i never ever feel hungry! Although there is some limitations on the amounts some days, most of the days you can eat as much as you want it just tells you what you should eat. It's rich on protein and has a lot of vegetables and fruits in it.
    My friend lost 22kg on it (he started at 86kg and went down to 64) and did not get it back. You just have to eat healthy, drink a lot of water and keep exercising after the diet. You can do 2weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks or 8 weeks but then you need to give your body a rest for at least half of a year before you can repeat it. I think this diet suits more people that want to loose a lot rather than a couple of kilo's.

PS: We just started and after the 4th day I lost 2kg, sure most of it is water in the first week but my body fat is down from 48% to 46.9% which is a great result to me already.

Are you for cereal?

Anything that require HALF A YEAR recovery does not sound like a good idea to me.
  • Sued0nim
    so_delicious_540.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    21871.jpg
  • Merkavar
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    21871.jpg
    I am at work, that scared me.
  • Merkavar
    hgyw6t9vxt58.jpg

Did I take it too far?
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Not chemical reactions, just calorie restriction through limiting food choices. You may think you are eating as much as you want, but after a few days, as much as you want of only one thing in a meal (like beef or lamb) is not all that much, as you get tired of the same thing.

I have been on many silly diets and they have all worked - short-term. They are never sustainable and soon enough you will be dreaming of toast or there will be a party or a special occasion and you will tell yourself that you *deserve* to hit the carb/bad/evil food buffet. You are kidding yourself if you think you are going to launch seamlessly into healthy eating after this as you are not learning those lifestyle rules and you will not know any more about food moderation and control than you did before you started.

As soon as you brand any food as off-limits (this one sounds like another carb-free plan), eating that food is becomes a fetish and we want to go on naughty binges, which give us a huge thrill. Nobody binges on celery.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    *silent scream from meme trauma*
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Soopatt wrote: »
    Not chemical reactions, just calorie restriction through limiting food choices. You may think you are eating as much as you want, but after a few days, as much as you want of only one thing in a meal (like beef or lamb) is not all that much, as you get tired of the same thing.

I have been on many silly diets and they have all worked - short-term. They are never sustainable and soon enough you will be dreaming of toast or there will be a party or a special occasion and you will tell yourself that you *deserve* to hit the carb/bad/evil food buffet. You are kidding yourself if you think you are going to launch seamlessly into healthy eating after this as you are not learning those lifestyle rules and you will not know any more about food moderation and control than you did before you started.

As soon as you brand any food as off-limits (this one sounds like another carb-free plan), eating that food is becomes a fetish and we want to go on naughty binges, which give us a huge thrill. Nobody binges on celery.

Bull. I'm extremely happy avoiding toast...also 29kg GONE and binge eating disorder well in control.
  • Sued0nim
    edited May 2015
    minties82 wrote: »
    Soopatt wrote: »

Bull. I'm extremely happy avoiding toast...also 29kg GONE and binge eating disorder well in control.

I just couldn't give up my toast

• audreykts
    edited May 2015
    (Deleted because it posted twice)
  • audreykts
    Most people who do these go back to their regular eating habits at some point and gain all of their weight back or more.

Well that is certainly correct, there is nothing you can do if you get your regular habits back. Then its just your own fault.
    The diet helps you to kick start. You loose a lot of weight to continue EATING HEALTHY, and makes exercising a lot easier after loosing a lot of weight. And gives you a lot of motivation to keep going. A diet is not something magical that makes you loose weight forever going back to your old habits that brought you in first place there. So much sense everybody should have to realize that.

How does it teach healthy eating if you are required to restrict certain foods and limit when and what you can eat? You said earlier that you follow it for a certain number of weeks and it is then recommended to take a 6 month break! That's not a healthy or sustainable diet.