Eating less calories then my actual goal and putting on weight?

Options
Hi everybody ,
How is it possible to put on weight when u are eating less calories then your actual goal and left with +900 more to eat ? Don't get it

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    it isn't possible you are eating more than you think quite possibly...

do you use a food scale for solids? measuring cups for liquids? logging everything accurately with the correct entries everyday?

If you answered no to any of these questions...yup you are eating more than you think.
  • NellyDolphin
    NellyDolphin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really do measure everything and bar scan etc , and write it down every single mouthful
  • NellyDolphin
    Options
    I do a lot of cycling tho plus swimming
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    measuring doesn't always cut it. And you have to make sure you are choosing the correct entries.

Perhaps open your diary so others can take a look.

Exercise is irrelevant if you are not in a deficit.
  • NellyDolphin
    Options
    Ok, thanx
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of cycling tho plus swimming

Are you logging your exercise and eating back the extra exercise calories? It's possible that your burn estimates are high, which could cause you to accidentally eat too much.

Would you be willing to open your didiary? Ot doesn't always help, but sometimes someone will spot something that's off.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    You may be logging less calories than your goal but that doesn't necessarily mean you're actually eating less calories.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    logging issues.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    If you truly are left with 900 calories at the end of the day, which I highly doubt...well then you have more than the one problem.
  • NellyDolphin
    Options
    Thank you guys, will give another few weeks and see how it goes.

Daily exercise 800+ calories, my goal to eat 1770 a day , but I always eat less then 1770 that's why I'm left with extra calories to eat . But I just started this thing and is all new, maybe need to give few weeks to kick in
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when we think we are diligently measuring but we may not always be. One cup of pasta may not actually be one cup. Some people pack in that cup. A food scale is a better tool to use then a measuring cup. I do not know if that is how you are measuring. Just a thought.
  • jewcyascanbe
    jewcyascanbe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    if you aren't eating enough your body will go into starvation mode and store fat instead of burning it. You must have balance when it comes to eating and exercise. you cant exercise all day but barely eat. you also have to be considerate of what youre eating even if its low in calories.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    if you aren't eating enough your body will go into starvation mode and store fat instead of burning it. You must have balance when it comes to eating and exercise. you cant exercise all day but barely eat. you also have to be considerate of what youre eating even if its low in calories.

No, "starvation mode" -- as you're using it here -- is a myth.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

No no no that is not how it works. You cannot store energy with no energy.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • NellyDolphin
    Options
    True tho , thank you x
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Daily exercise 800+ calories, my goal to eat 1770 a day , but I always eat less then 1770 that's why I'm left with extra calories to eat . But I just started this thing and is all new, maybe need to give few weeks to kick in

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that your calorie burn is inflated. What are you doing exactly that you are getting 800 calorie per day burns?
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Definitely NOT THIS.
  • deaniac83
    deaniac83 Posts: 166 Member
    Options

I would say your issue is both logging food and logging exercise. I don't know how much you exercise daily, but getting 800+ burn even from an hour is a rather difficult feat that is nearly impossible unless you are in a rather athletic cardio condition. Just because you get winded from something doesn't make it "vigorous" exercise.

With respect to food, please open your diary. What kind of foods are you eating? While that won't make a difference in terms of weight loss if you are logging properly, the types of food can often be informative about WHETHER it is being logged correctly.
  • Coolhandkid
    Coolhandkid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have only been on this for a short period of time. You have to have patience. If you eat something with some salt in it you can take on water weight. Depending on your cycle you might be taking on some water weight.

If you haven't been doing this for a month its too soon to demand results. But keep it up. You WILL see results if you are this committed.