Weight loss "problems"

irunforpizza
irunforpizza Posts: 52 Member
edited May 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
What are your weight loss "problems?" (i.e. annoyances, changes, etc.)

Mine are:
Nothing fits anymore!!!!
The world has become a much harder place
I'm way more prone to bruising (probably because the world is harder now)
No one else gets as excited about my successes as me (real-life friends)
I always have to use the restroom from staying hydrated
I'm always cold...
People give me strange looks when I turn down food (or demand to know why)

And a running problem:
I'm ALWAYS hungry (I can eat lunch and want a snack an hour later. I'm not usually over my calorie goals but it is a little embarrassing.)

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    me too. sigh
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I am now shockingly handsome.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    I get drunk really, really fast, I'm always cold and constantly having to buy new clothing is getting really annoying.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    I do feel like I'm constantly eating. But I just smile, knowing that I'm perhaps confusing coworkers who comment about needing to lose weight, have seen my success, and just don't understand. (I do offer feedback when asked, but not unsolicited.)

Complaint: underwear not fitting 'right'. Changing size is not enough, needing to find a different brand or style that works better.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Ridiculously cold. Graze my skin when doing sit up, planks etc cos on padding. Don't recognize myself in pictures
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    I forgot to do laundry the other day, so I didn't have any workout pants clean. Went to the store and bought a pair. I grabbed a L for 2 reasons. One, I'm pretty sure my other workout pants are all L's. Two, the store only had L and XL in this cute pink camo that I wanted. Get to the gym and they won't even stay up when I'm standing still. I thought they looked a little big when I was at the store, but I didn't realize they were that big.

edit: Just checked the website for the store and they don't even have any in stock that are smaller and in the other color they only have XL's left.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    All of the above, plus floppy skin. And I now sink in the swimming pool.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm way hungrier than I was even 10 pounds ago.
    Always cold ( ok maybe not when it's above 75).
    Harder to be comfortable when trying to sleep because my bones touch.
    I get hangry.
    My butt hurts after sitting 10 minutes about anywhere.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    I've always gotten cold easily - but otherwise your statements hit home. I'm happy that I can get away with wearing 'workout' clothes to the office because I didn't have much else to fit. Have been restocking my closet though. And I can 'feel it' after finishing one drink. Not even a strong one.
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I get drunk really, really fast, I'm always cold and constantly having to buy new clothing is getting really annoying.

• manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    edited May 2015
    Seconding the quicker drunk thing!

My hangovers are less brutal because I drink more water throughout the day instead of other things.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Cold
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I am always freezing. My space heater runs at work all...day... long. Sometimes I am so cold that I get right up next to it and suddenly my legs are turning red.

That and I cannot sit in chairs without padding for very long or else my butt starts to hurt!
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    I lost my wedding ring because my fat sausage fingers shrunk to normal fingers. I replaced the ring when I reached a healthy BMI, thinking (naively!) that there couldn't be more fat to lose from my finger. Another 15 pounds down and this ring now slips off my finger if I gesticulate to wildly (so I stubbornly keep wearing it and just keep my enthusiastic hand waving to a minimum!)
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    ammo7 wrote: »
    I lost my wedding ring because my fat sausage fingers shrunk to normal fingers. I replaced the ring when I reached a healthy BMI, thinking (naively!) that there couldn't be more fat to lose from my finger. Another 15 pounds down and this ring now slips off my finger if I gesticulate to wildly (so I stubbornly keep wearing it and just keep my enthusiastic hand waving to a minimum!)

I wear a smaller sized, thin stacking band in front of my wedding set, basically to keep my set from falling off. Yesterday everything fell off again, so I need to order yet another size smaller stacking band. (Trying to avoid re-siziing everything until I'm at a stable weight)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    I'm constantly cold. I invested in a portable heater for my office.

Wedding band keeps flying off.

My bony butt! Our TV couch is suddenly not that comfortable. I have to sit on a pillow.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2015
    Now we're staring to know how thin people feel... it's not all positives!
  • Nyappykim
    Nyappykim Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2015
    I started a new job recently and it's the first job I've ever had to wear business casual clothes. I didn't have any, so I spent a good amount of money on new clothes. When I went shopping, I focused on buying clothes that were a little small because I knew I would be losing more weight and it would be motivation as well, lol. About a week later, most of the pants were too big! My mother took me out shopping again last weekend and there was a nice sale on pants so we got 5 pairs. Only one week later, and these pants are sagging down!

I'm also ALWAYS cold now. The weather is finally getting warmer and while everyone is comfortable in their light jackets, I'm freezing! 70 degrees in May and I'm driving around with the heat on in the car.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    I do feel like I'm constantly eating. But I just smile, knowing that I'm perhaps confusing coworkers who comment about needing to lose weight, have seen my success, and just don't understand. (I do offer feedback when asked, but not unsolicited.)

Complaint: underwear not fitting 'right'. Changing size is not enough, needing to find a different brand or style that works better.

Re: the undies thing - holy cow, YES! I thought I got a bum package (pun definitely intended) because my favorite brand/style isn't fitting quite right. Can you say wedgie city? I guess I'll have to do some trial and error to find a new fit! Not complaining, though!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    ammo7 wrote: »

The weird thing for me is that my wedding band won't come off. I weighed about 140 lb. when I got it in 1995. By the time I hit 170 or 180, I could no longer take it off. That was probably around 2000. At my maximum weight, around 2008, of 225 lb., no chance. I thought about resizing it but was always convinced I would lose weight, and that in a pinch I could get it off with dental floss and a lot of pain.

Then I lost a lot of weight. I'm now 149 or so, only 9 pounds more than when I got it, and substantially lighter than the last time I took it off. But it's still stuck. It's loose right where it normally sits, but the finger is fatter between the ring and the knuckle. How odd. I might need to get it resized after all.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited May 2015
    My bras don't quite fit and I'm still changing size/shape so I refuse to shell out a lot of money on new things. Even the cheap-ish ones I bought just a month ago fit differently now. I need to do my measurements again and see if they've changed or if I'm crazy.

My butt is smaller. Sitting on a wooden chair hurts. I now understand why my boyfriend complains about my bony butt when I sit on his lap, lol.

ETA: edited to replace starred out words...ok mfp.

~Lyssa