fat burning pills...advice needed

Options
My trainer recommended me to have fat burning pills.....he said that it is a supplement..u have to do the workout And the diet....Am fine with that..
But I Wanna know whether there are side effects for the pills(every shortcut have some issues know!) And is the side effect a long term one?
P's: I didn't start taking

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Your training is getting a cut of the money from the pills. You don't need them.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What's in the pills? What did your trainer charge you for the pills? Have you tried Googling the brand name or ingredients for the pills? Have you talked with your trainer about what's in the pills and what evidence there is to support the efficacy of the pills?

PS : At this time, there are no pills beyond a few prescription medications which are actually proven to help with fat loss.
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What's in the pills? What did your trainer charge you for the pills? Have you tried Googling the brand name or ingredients for the pills? Have you talked with your trainer about what's in the pills and what evidence there is to support the efficacy of the pills?

PS : At this time, there are no pills beyond a few prescription medications which are actually proven to help with fat loss.

+1

All extremely valid questions and points that need to be answered. One more point to add would be to talk to your Doctor about the supplement and any interaction it might cause with medications you might be on or side effects for any of your health conditions.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Just avoid them. There is no such thing as a "fat burning pill"
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    More than likely he gave you what is essentially a caffeine pill. Find a new trainer, he's selling you something he gets a cut of from the company that makes it. Really wouldn't take a pill from a trainer.
  • JoReddBowe
    JoReddBowe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Either a caffeine pill or the kind that keeps your body from processing fat, which is bad because dietary fat doesn't mean body fat. I wouldn't take them. (Don't get me wrong, I've jumped down that rabbit hole, I just won't do it again)
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    not_abrar wrote: »
    My trainer recommended me to have fat burning pills.....he said that it is a supplement..u have to do the workout And the diet....Am fine with that..
    But I Wanna know whether there are side effects for the pills(every shortcut have some issues know!) And is the side effect a long term one?

The only that gets lighter is your wallet.

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    If not violating a state law, your "trainer" is violating the ethical standards of every professional fitness organization. If you spend one more $$ or one more minute with him, you are a fool.
  • Blazinthesky
    Blazinthesky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cardio/hitt burns fat..the pills do very little if anything, you have to have low body fat to see if the pills have any effect.. oxymoron huh..so get out there and burn some fat thru cardio...avoid the supplement trap.
  • cheri_wood
    cheri_wood Posts: 1 Member
    Options

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    don't take them.
  • ianevanyshn
    ianevanyshn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Google the name of the pills, and find out the main ingredient and possible side effects. Most fat burners use caffeine or green tea extract as a base ingredient. But no you don't need the pills to see results, I would just stick to HITT cardio and make sure you are eating at a caloric deficit. Maybe tell your trainer you would rather not take them.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    But I Wanna know whether there are side effects for the pills(every shortcut have some issues know!)

Your wallet becomes inexplicably lighter, for no purpose.

• WolverhamptonFitness
    WolverhamptonFitness Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    lots of these pills have issues relating to thyroids etc... because they are meant to unbalance your bodys natural heat production/cooling - making your body hotters makes you burn calories (apparently) but overheating etc is a side affect (not saying this is fact just things i have read)
  • luis702702
    luis702702 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Cheese cake factory > Diet pills
    Calorie deficit > Diet pills
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    JoReddBowe wrote: »
    Either a caffeine pill or the kind that keeps your body from processing fat, which is bad because dietary fat doesn't mean body fat. I wouldn't take them. (Don't get me wrong, I've jumped down that rabbit hole, I just won't do it again)

If it's the second kind, better start wearing a diaper now. If it's the first kind, coffee is a lot cheaper and generally doesn't have a bunch of noxious fillers in it either.

Your 'trainer' is just a pusher. Run away as fast as you can to find a good person with real knowledge who will help you instead of hurt you.
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would definitely not take them ><
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    If not violating a state law, your "trainer" is violating the ethical standards of every professional fitness organization. If you spend one more $$ or one more minute with him, you are a fool.

Yep. Dump him.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    Just avoid them. There is no such thing as a "fat burning pill"

+1 All that needs to be said!

Find a new trainer. You are being shafted.