what is your secret simple formula for losing the weight you lost?

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    babylovers wrote: »
    Hello I would like to know what everyone's simple formula for losing their weight was. I think it would be very encouraging to others.

Weighing
    Measuring
    Logging
    Moving

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Eating less than I burn. Every day.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple. No need to be restrictive, excessive, or fanatical. Live life. Enjoy food. Enjoy activity. That is all.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Diet (half portions) and exercise. Dedication to a lifestyle adjustment.
  • robertrogo
    robertrogo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Right now I am actually documenting my 90 Day Weight Loss Challenge on my personal blog but what I have been doing is :
    1.) tracking my macros and eating clean through MyFitnessPal
    2.) I workout twice a day as I train a friend in the morning and do a nighttime workout for myself
    3.) I have added in around 60 minutes of cardio in a day to burn additional calories
    4.) Reducing the amount of fruit carbs and grain based carbs from my diet sticking with mostly veggies and a few midsection fat burning fruits as my carbs
    5.) Increasing my protein intake so that my protein to carb ratio is 2:1
    6.) Drinking at least 2-3 gallons of water a day
    7.) Setting various challenges for myself to accomplish to keep things fresh and exciting
    8.) Of course having people to hold me accountable for my actions.

Hope this helps get you started off or give you something to throw into your own weight loss journey!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Jogging before work, oatmeal and a coffee for breakfast, limited snacking and balanced meals :) It sounds simple, and it is, when you get the hang if it :)
  • TortoiseandtheHair
    TortoiseandtheHair Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    1. Maintain a caloric deficit.
    2. Repeat step 1.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

^^ THIS!! :D

I also use motivational statements that I read whenever I get a craving for crap food or when I get a desire to just eat mindlessly. These are a few that I use:

It takes 4 Weeks for you to notice your body changing,
    8 Weeks for your friends to notice
    12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give It 12 Weeks. DON'T QUIT!

You are NOT a dog. Do not reward yourself with food!

This month's effort, is next month's body!

A month from now you will have wished you would have started today.
  • cskye333
    cskye333 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Staying hydrated throughout the day, eating larger portions at meal time (so I don't go too crazy with snacks), and eating until I am satiated, but not full.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    The recipe is simple; just burn more than you consume. However, there is preparation that is required to set yourself up for success. Just remember, “Those who fail to plan should plan to fail!” I try to plan my breakfast and lunches for the week and always keep healthy snack choices on hand.
    As others have stated measure all you intake; if it’s going in your mouth measure and count it! And exercise, exercise, exercise.
    I won’t go into what I’ve been through but suffice it to say; “if I can get on track and lose over 50 pounds (30+ since joining MFP) then anyone can.”
    Best wishes.
    V/r,
    DW.
  • cskye333
    cskye333 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    cskye333 wrote: »
    Staying hydrated throughout the day, eating larger portions at meal time (so I don't go too crazy with snacks), and eating until I am satiated, but not full.
    And plenty of daily activity, of course!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    For me some keys to losing *and keeping it off* has been pretty simple:

Walking. Everyday. Brisk walking intervals for several miles or a light, gentle walk on active rest days. It's easy on my joints and doesn't tire me out.

Lifting to help keep muscle mass and keep things firm and tight.

No snacking. Eat a well-balanced, filling meal then no eating for a few hours. Eat again then don't eat until the next day.

I made sure everything I did during my weight loss mode was sustainable which has made maintaining pretty easy.
  • snl321
    snl321 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For me, needing to lose weight for health, not looks, was a big motivator. Slow (0.5 lb/week), sustainable goal helped me reach a new set-point in about 4 months where I've stayed.

I'm continuing to count portions & exercising (walking & yard work) every day, which helps with maintenance.
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    abigail659 wrote: »
    Keep getting up when you fall. There will always be one meal or one day when you get off track.... the key is to having the courage to get back up and go after it again.
    For me, these secrets worked:
    1- breakfast every morning
    2- drinking lots of water
    3- adding fruit as snacks instead of chips
    4- avoiding fast food as much as possible
    5- get moving as much as possible - when I don't feel like working out - I tell myself to just do 10 minutes and if I still don't feel like it I can quit. I usually get through 10 minutes, feel great and keep going.

Great advice! #5 happens to me on days I feel tired. I tell myself I am going to do a light workout and end up having one of the best workouts!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    eating a bit less than I need to maintain and making sure I move a little more and exercise regularly.
  • missthang1619
    missthang1619 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this, so motivational. Guess I better invest in a food scale, I was just going to change my diet/eating habits.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Weighing food, staying in a deficit, being honest with myself when I stall and fixing my logging/changing my calorie goal.

Lifting to get the body I desire.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    1. Don't eat any food I like.
    2. Do everything opposite of what I normally do...ie, normally I come home from work and zone in front of tv or read. Now, I run a mile, and go to yoga class.
    3. Live a completely different lifestyle. Don't see friends who only want to eat or drink. Now, I see friends who want to go biking or hiking.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    1. Don't eat any food I like.
    2. Do everything opposite of what I normally do...ie, normally I come home from work and zone in front of tv or read. Now, I run a mile, and go to yoga class.
    3. Live a completely different lifestyle. Don't see friends who only want to eat or drink. Now, I see friends who want to go biking or hiking.

I can't tell if this post is a joke or not
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For me, low carb
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Something I learned in France: eat slowly, tasting and enjoying your food.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!