p90x Support Group

Options

Replies

• elizabennett
    Options
    It's really complicated, but his heart muscle is having to work too hard in one area, so that area thickens and then is blocking the Mitral Valve, which lets blood into the main ventricle which pumps blood to the rest of the body. My RN hubby is behind me, explaining this. He has a 33% chance of being ok on meds, a 33% chance of needing a heart transplant, and a 33% chance of not making it. I just can't imagine what they're going through and I hate being stuck on an island in the middle of the ocean, completely across the country from them. But he's at the best children's hospital in the country and we're just trying to help in any way we can, this far away. I don't know if you remember, but last year, right before I stopped doing MFP, I went out to Philly to help my SIL after having her baby. He's the baby. Thanks for thinking of us. Workouts are so good for getting rid of frustration and Kenpo especially. All that punching did me good!
  • frogmanjared
    Options
    Chest & Back , and ARX tonight... and I'm down for the count! I couldn't get through this one the first time around because of a migraine, made it through tonight!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Left work sick today, not feeling very well even after a 4hr nap. It's Yoga day, and I managed to get in 26min of it before throwing in the towel. Loosened up some tight muscles a bit, and I'm ready for a shower, cup of tea, and bed. :flowerforyou:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    It's really complicated, but his heart muscle is having to work too hard in one area, so that area thickens and then is blocking the Mitral Valve, which lets blood into the main ventricle which pumps blood to the rest of the body. My RN hubby is behind me, explaining this. He has a 33% chance of being ok on meds, a 33% chance of needing a heart transplant, and a 33% chance of not making it. I just can't imagine what they're going through and I hate being stuck on an island in the middle of the ocean, completely across the country from them. But he's at the best children's hospital in the country and we're just trying to help in any way we can, this far away. I don't know if you remember, but last year, right before I stopped doing MFP, I went out to Philly to help my SIL after having her baby. He's the baby. Thanks for thinking of us. Workouts are so good for getting rid of frustration and Kenpo especially. All that punching did me good!

I do remember when you left for your trip.... He's still a little tot!! Aww, my heart goes out to you and your family, I can't imagine all of the feelings and uncertainties being faced. I will keep you, your family and little one in my prayers. What's his name?
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    bditbobcat! Thanks I appriciate it! :flowerforyou:
    DaveG Thanks for your help! :bigsmile:
    Armywife - You will do fine! Do your best and forget the rest! LOL They say that all the time! You will too soon! :happy:
    elizabennett - I will be praying for your family! :smile:

Tonight I did back and legs for the first time and then ARX. More pull ups! Are you kidding me! Oh well! I guess if you want to be buff you got to do the pullups and chinups!

Like seeing the military people or wives here! I was Air Force! :) Bring it!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I want to do Legs and Back tonight, but it might get pushed off until tomorrow. :( I ran yesterday for the first time since college...yep I still hate it. I so thought that doing P90X would prepare me more cardiovascularly, I can kick Kenpo, CardioX, and most of PlyoX's *kitten*, but I sure can't run far. hehe, oh well. It didn't help that it looked like it was snowing pollen and I have allergies...ew! Anyways, hope you all have a great friday workout!!!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Eliza - will be praying for your nephew.

Just dropping by to say I've gotten in all my scheduled workouts this week. I'm feeling pretty strong & very happy! :bigsmile: Love S&A (did that on Wed)! Man, there are some moves in there that just have to make a girl feel strong!! Yesterday was Kenpo - one of my favs & someone I work with actually saw me doing it & commented to someone else that he thought I might actually be able to punch somebody out! HaHaHa! :laugh: That's hilarious!

A.M. ARX completed this morning. L&B on tap for this afternoon. This is my weakest link b/c I have a pinched nerve in my back & suffer with sciatica down both legs - so, I have to take L&B a little easy, but I'm still going to work it as best I can!

Keep pushing play, everyone & have a great weekend! :glasses:
  • armywife121110
    Options
    I'm new to the whole P90X and was wondering if anyone can give me a recomendation as to which program to use. The Classic or the Lean??
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the whole P90X and was wondering if anyone can give me a recomendation as to which program to use. The Classic or the Lean??
    My opinion is that there's no right or wrong one to start with, but (also my opinion) I think Lean is a little more friendly to newbies. Heck, I'm on my fourth round, and it's more friendly to veterans too. :tongue:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you all in my thoughts today. :heart:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Sorry I've been so scarce. It's just been really busy around here, and I haven't had much time to spend online. I have been keeping up with all my workouts, though, so I feel good about that. Congrats to all of you who are keeping up with yours!

I'll be doing ARX and L&B here pretty soon.

Happy Friday!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

It has been such a long time since I last posted. Last week I couldn't stick to the schedule again. It is just hard at the moment. Even though I am 31 I am back at university and it is the end of the term so I am very busy. I am also working and then there is just life....
    So I started week 1 again. And I am just telling myself that I have to accept that I might have to miss a workout here and there. I will try to double up if possible. Ever since I accepted that I feel much less stressed out about the whole thing and I am enjoying it again.

This week I had to miss S&A but otherwise I had a good week and really enjoyed all the workouts! I am hoping to post again more regular!

It's great to see that you are all still doing great!! :smile:

Daisy
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Did YogaX today. Liked it even more than last time, I guess this is a good sign! Struggled a bit with the half moon twist but I did much better knowing somewhat what to expect. I would dare say I enjoyed this workout today! :happy:
  • jackelyn14
    jackelyn14 Posts: 59
    Options
    Hey!

I've had a great week - stuck to the workouts all week. Today I have kenpo x, which is my favorite workout of them all. Excited for that. :) Glad to read everyone's still going with the program. Have a great long weekend!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hey!

I've had a great week - stuck to the workouts all week. Today I have kenpo x, which is my favorite workout of them all. Excited for that. :) Glad to read everyone's still going with the program. Have a great long weekend!
    It's my favorite too, and that's what I'm doing today as well! :bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    Options
    All done now. All sweaty too!
  • jackelyn14
    jackelyn14 Posts: 59
    Options
    I just finished as well - I burn the most calories from Kenpo x, and definitely enjoy it the most. Yay!
  • elizabennett
    Options
    I just have to say that I :heart: all of you so much! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for my little nephew, Chase. I ended up not getting cardio x in yesterday because of time, but I did the Bum Bum workout from Brazil Butt Lift (don't laugh, it KILLS!) and got a decent burn in. Today is yoga x and I'm getting ready to start! Enjoy your weekend everyone!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hi people! I am starting my Phase 3 this week ... I would love some new P90X friends!
    For those of you just starting and wondering if it is worth it ... here are my 60 day pics!

**warning sports bra ahead - you have been warned**

\
    http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr34/emmaleigh47/P90X Photos/60-Back-1-1.jpg

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr34/emmaleigh47/P90X Photos/60-BackwithArms-1.jpg

Be nice! :)
  • frogmanjared
    Options
    Hi people! I am starting my Phase 3 this week ... I would love some new P90X friends!
    For those of you just starting and wondering if it is worth it ... here are my 60 day pics!

**warning sports bra ahead - you have been warned**

\
    http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr34/emmaleigh47/P90X Photos/60-Back-1-1.jpg

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr34/emmaleigh47/P90X Photos/60-BackwithArms-1.jpg

Be nice! :)

Good progress! WI right? If so, running 300 miles so far with the winter we had is insane!