fat burning pills...advice needed

Options

Replies

• SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hire a new trainer ASAP. Tell the old one that you are leaving for the simple reason he/she suggested you take fat burning pills which is nothing more than being a shill.
  • alioop64
    alioop64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is only one FDA approved fat burning pill on the market that is sold over the counter. Alli. Stop taking the one from your trainer. Any good trainer will not suggest you take such thing.
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nope. As others have clearly stated...no such thing. It's junk science combined with bro science combined with snake oil. There is only ONE sure way to burn fat: exercise hard and be mindful of your diet. Doesn't mean you need to starve yourself or anything drastic. But ya gotta be reasonable about it. The harder you work out, the more you can eat. Keep that in mind.
  • wissywig
    wissywig Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hermann341 wrote: »

The only that gets lighter is your wallet.

Agreed.

The fat burning pill is a great quick fix sell, but they simply don't work. It burns your money, not your fat, unfortunately.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If they really worked, there would be no obese people in the world...none.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    not_abrar wrote: »
    My trainer recommended me to have fat burning pills.....he said that it is a supplement..u have to do the workout And the diet....Am fine with that..
    But I Wanna know whether there are side effects for the pills(every shortcut have some issues know!) And is the side effect a long term one?
    P's: I didn't start taking
    Your trainer is lacking in knowledge if he believes there is such a thing as "fat" burning pills. You're basically looking at a sales pitch and broscience.
    ALL "fat" burning pills will usually have a stimulant in it and some sprinkles here and there of ingredients that have been scientifically shown to MINUTELY accelerate the fat burning process IF conditions are correct. That means calorie deficit, correct rest, highest intensity training, correct macro micro nutrient profile for your goal, etc.
    In other words, if you ate a high fat meal and had the fat burning pills after.........................don't expect anything to happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    alioop64 wrote: »
    There is only one FDA approved fat burning pill on the market that is sold over the counter. Alli. Stop taking the one from your trainer. Any good trainer will not suggest you take such thing.
    Alli is NOT a fat burning pill. It's a fat absorbing pill. And it DOESN'T distinguish the difference between types of fat so ALL fat is absorbed and expelled. And fat is an essential for daily functional health.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I got suckered into taking fat burning pills. Never again! You don't need them. An honest diet and exercise is all you need
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Caffeine can give you a few weeks worth of minimal results if you don't normally use caffeine.

Everything else doesn't work, or is illegal/unsafe.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    JoReddBowe wrote: »
    Either a caffeine pill or the kind that keeps your body from processing fat, which is bad because dietary fat doesn't mean body fat. I wouldn't take them. (Don't get me wrong, I've jumped down that rabbit hole, I just won't do it again)

If it's the second kind, better start wearing a diaper now. If it's the first kind, coffee is a lot cheaper and generally doesn't have a bunch of noxious fillers in it either.

Your 'trainer' is just a pusher. Run away as fast as you can to find a good person with real knowledge who will help you instead of hurt you.

^^^
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Fire your trainer. Do not take the pills.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    not_abrar wrote: »
    My trainer recommended me to have fat burning pills.....he said that it is a supplement..u have to do the workout And the diet....Am fine with that..
    But I Wanna know whether there are side effects for the pills(every shortcut have some issues know!) And is the side effect a long term one?
    P's: I didn't start taking

fire your trainer.

No need for those pills OP.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Wow... I would ditch that trainer. Good trainers help you create positive changes in your mind and body. They don't recommend pills
  • lisaweaver3
    lisaweaver3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    And don't forget, the minute you stop taking said pills, the weight comes back. Proper diet and exercise are the only way to do it. The discipline of practicing self control will be what gets you to your goal. Set your mind on healthy living not quick fixes.
  • king042
    king042 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Google intermittent fasting. You workout before you eat so your body burns fat for energy instead of the food you ate.
  • xstevedx
    xstevedx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There's no point in taking a fat pill if your macros aren't tightly dialed in in combination with your training. They help very little compared to the actual diet and exercise and a thermo pill has to be the last link in the chain to be of any real benefit. Im suprised a trainer wouldn't first recommend a good BCAA product to help you train and heal better or a multivitamin and omega 3 supp. I hope he didn't tell you to take a thermo unless you are already managing your macros and he knows it.
  • morowinder
    morowinder Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There are no pills sold over counter that will give you significant results. Most are caffeine + some herb extract that can make you jittery or make your stomach hurt. Yohimbe kinda works, but still not worth it.
    However there are things that work, google "eca stack" it actually works if combined with exercise. Not really dangerous, just don't over do it, do your research, few people have died from it.
    Then there is DNP it's literally like drinking rat poison, but it really burns fat. You need supplements when using it just to not die, and if you don't hydrate or overheat you WILL die.
  • notfbam
    notfbam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ditch the trainer !
    Stay within your calories---dont eat back your exercise calories---log your intake---drink your water---sweat every day! And SMILE and relish ALL your victories and dont beat yourself up about any slip ups, just get over it and get started again! Keep a log of your nonscale victories (NSVs) and review it occasionally for motivation FROM and FOR yourself!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread