Goal weight for short women?

Options
OK so I am time 5'1. I started at 198 and am down to 172. I had a goal weight of 130 initially. Reading through the forums I see many taller women 5'6 and above aiming for way less. What would be a good goal Wright for someone my height? Any ladies roughly my height have photos of them around 130 or at their goal?

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0". I was 106 at my lowest (competition and photoshoot weight) and my "happy weight" is 112. Currently 35 weeks pregnant, at about 138. Pics in my profile.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my initial goal was 135. As I got closer, I lowered it to 130 and again to 125... I'm 138 now and I don't think I'll be happy until around 125 (it just seems so small!) so I think you just have I wait and see how you feel.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    5'4" cw 115....my happy weight is 110...
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", my goal weight is 145. That puts me at the upper range of a healthy bmi, which is fine as a starting point considering
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ajocal18 wrote: »
    OK so I am time 5'1. I started at 198 and am down to 172. I had a goal weight of 130 initially. Reading through the forums I see many taller women 5'6 and above aiming for way less. What would be a good goal Wright for someone my height? Any ladies roughly my height have photos of them around 130 or at their goal?

Really it comes down to personal preference. Body composition (muscle/fat ratio) will determine how you will look at a certain weight. Only you can decide when you want to stop.

Go search your height, weight, and age on mybodygallery.com.

~~~~

I'm 5'4.5". I'm currently about 140lbs (although my profile pic is 142lbs). Currently my goal is 130lbs, but I just might lower to 125 or 120lbs. It will depend when I get there.
  • Nyappykim
    Nyappykim Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    From 198 to 130 will be a huge weight loss. Congratulations for even hitting 172, that's awesome. (: The healthy weight range for someone your height is between 100-131 lbs. I'd say set your goal to 130 lbs for now and once you get there, or around that weight, then it'll be easier for you to know if you are comfortable at that or if you want to lose more.

Currently 121 lbs at 5'3 and my goal weight atm is 115 lbs. Once I hit that, I'll see if I want to switch to maintaining or not.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3. At my heaviest I was 263 and now I'm down to 128. I'd like to get to 115 but I don't see that happening. I haven't lost much weight in the past 4 months.
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Really it comes down to personal preference. Body composition (muscle/fat ratio) will determine how you will look at a certain weight. Only you can decide when you want to stop.

~~~~

I'm 5'4.5". I'm currently about 140lbs (although my profile pic is 142lbs). Currently my goal is 130lbs, but I just might lower to 125 or 120lbs. It will depend when I get there.

Thank you! That was very helpful!
  • Jesstaysan
    Jesstaysan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5ft tall and weigh about 138lbs currently. My happy weight (and goal) would be about 120lbs. It's difficult to say because everyones body type is different and although I am no where near obese, when I go to the doctors my chart reads that I am over my appropriate percentile and I am "obese" which is flat out ridiculous. I would say which ever weight you feel best at should be your goal.
  • fab_fierce_fit
    fab_fierce_fit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Definitely comes down to personal preference. I have a lot of short clients and they all weigh differently but all have different goals
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" tall and my goal is to be between 115 and 120 lbs. This is more than I used to weight when I was younger. I added about 10 more lbs. due to my age.
  • Jasmunr
    Jasmunr Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and currently 127. My goal weight is 105-110
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

~~~~

I second this.

Pick a number as your goal weight. Commit to getting there and then evaluate how you look at that point. Lift heavy the entire time you lose & get enough protein (0.8g per lb of weight, I think, is the number to go for) - this will help you retain muscle mass as you lose.

Keep in mind that the number on the scale isn't everything, too. You can see a higher number there but still look thin since muscle is more dense than fat and thus 1lb of muscle will occupy less space than 1lb of fat.

Case in point (and no this isn't me, lol):
    weight-before-after.jpg

I am 5 feet tall, with a current goal weight of 115. First goal was 125. Next is 120. I'll get to 115 in the next couple months, hopefully, and see what I think of my looks at that point. I've got big boobs and genetics kinda dictate that they'll stay that way so I'm aiming for a slighter higher weight than I may really want to be at, simply because a reduction isn't in the cards yet.

~Lyssa
  • Ajocal18
    Options
    Thanks everyone 130 is at the top end of a healthy BMI for my height so I will stick with that and adjust of needed :)
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone 130 is at the top end of a healthy BMI for my height so I will stick with that and adjust of needed :)

That is an excellent plan :)

Some people feel/look better at the higher end. Others in the middle, others at the bottom. It's entirely personal preference.

Good luck! You've got an excellent attitude. You've got this :)

~Lyssa
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    5'5'' and goal weight of 9 stone (126lbs.) My BMI is healthy, but closer to overweight than I want it to be. Sounds like you have a good plan, adjust if you see fit. :)
  • MountainMaggie
    MountainMaggie Posts: 104 Member
    Options

5'2 and favorite weight is 110 (111, 113 is usually good enough). It varies so much though from person to person. I think 130 sounds great if you feel good there. From where you started, that is a huge difference, and I think a reasonable goal. You can always adjust your goal later.

Congrats on on the near 30 you've already lost!
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently 159lbs goal is 120lbs and I will adjust the closer I get. My lowest was 118lbs but I have since had a baby so I know I will look completely different. But I think 120 for me is perfect and like everyone else said, it's personal preference
  • Ajocal18
    Options

5'2 and favorite weight is 110 (111, 113 is usually good enough). It varies so much though from person to person. I think 130 sounds great if you feel good there. From where you started, that is a huge difference, and I think a reasonable goal. You can always adjust your goal later.

Congrats on on the near 30 you've already lost!

Thank you!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", not too short but on the boarder. My goal weight was 150, then 140, then 130. Now that I'm here I still don't think I'm slim enough but I'm tired of eating at a deficit and trying a recomp. If it weren't for that, I'd probably shoot for at least 128.