Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Carolapf wrote: »

that's very low for those who are trying to effect a body recomposition and takes no account of height and weight
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I work out with heavy weights so I'll have a shake right after my workout with one scoop of protein then try to get the rest with food of o can't then I'll have another scoop. Most of the time i will get it with food with fish or beef.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    protein powders and shakes are a supplement to your diet to help you reach your goals, but definitely not required. If you can get that protein from eating a nice juicy steak or chicken or tuna then all the power to you.

If you follow macros where you shoot for a minimum protein target daily, shakes and powders are a great way to help you achieve your goal.

Figure out what protein target is best for you and your goals and do your best to hit it. I personally strive to shoot for .6 grams of protein for every pound I weigh. I'm on a weight loss diet, I lift heavy weights (The Dumbbell Stopgap program for beginners) and have a protein amount I shoot for to help mitigate muscle loss while eating at a calorie deficit.
  • bblondeclair
    bblondeclair Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone great advice. I'll try food first then. I'm eating tuna right now lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    0% Greek yogurt ...18g for 97 calories (170g pot) ...delish with fresh berries
  • bblondeclair
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    0% Greek yogurt ...18g for 97 calories (170g pot) ...delish with fresh berries

Cheers hun
  • DesertGunR
    DesertGunR Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You'll by far appreciate adding the extra protein into your diet with food.

A lovely side effect of protein shakes (that very few if anyone talks about), for most people until or if your body gets used to them is severe gastric distress. For the lay person, diarrhea. Nothing like needing to wear a diaper for a couple weeks or more until your system returns to normal again.
  • bblondeclair
    Options
    Ewww lol