40 pounds (18 kg) gone - with pics - and a smile...AGAIN! :-

Options
Sorry - small malfunction earlier :-)

Hi MFPers

So today I got to 40 pounds loss, and decided it was time to upload some fresh pics. I still have 7 kg to go but 40 pounds was a bit of a milestone for me, so it's time to share.

Firstly - I'm as nervous as hell! Secondly, you should know I don't have any pics from when I was at my biggest in December 2010 - if anyone even so much as pointed a camera at me I would have pounced on them! I do have some pics from my trip to the USA last year which I have included though. That trip was in May last year, so a year ago now. It has taken me 4.5 months to lose the 40 pounds I have so far. The only reminder I have of that time when I was at my biggest is the pair of size 16s that I have kept to ensure I've got a reminder. You're about to see a woman that did not love or care for herself - and of course the new me, who does love herself, unconditionally :-)

Also - you should know that the only record I had of me at this size was the video that my husband took of me while we were in the states - and because of my enormous computer literacy (NOT), I had no clue how to convert the vid to pics for ya - so in my infinite wisdom - I have taken pics of the vid paused on my computer screen with my I-phone (how's that for genius?? I know right...LOL). That would be the reason they are a little blurred - but you get the idea!

You should also know that the photos are not skewed - this is actually how I looked :-)

I also apologise in advance if photobucket cuts my pics in half - it did last time so I am expecting it again this time. Here's hoping they turn out ok.

Ok Croz - deep breath. Here we go...

Here's me at the bottom of the Grand Canyon a year ago:

May2011033.jpg

Keep breathing Croz! Here's me at my sister's house in Oregon last year:

May2011042.jpg

and another:

May2011045.jpg

Phew - ok they were the worst ones! Now here's me after I lost 10 pounds, with my old size 16s:

March2011071.jpg

Another for good measure?:

13March20113.jpg

And finally, here's what I look like today - oh yeah - excuse the facial expressions - I never was very good at taking pics!!

May2011159.jpg

May2011162.jpg

May2011120.jpg

Finally - here's me today, with those lovely size 16s again :-)

May2011166.jpg

Incidently if you were wondering, I've got myself down to a size 10 - and may even get into an 8 by the time I'm done :-)

I'm also open to freind requests if you so desire! Thanks for letting me share :-)

Cheers

Croz

Replies

• AussieFirebird
    AussieFirebird Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    And then after I reposted I saw the edit button at the bottom!!

Baahahahahahahahaha! Somebody shoot me :-)
  • harleyfever
    harleyfever Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Look-in Good! Keep it up.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations all your hard work has paid off, bet you feel a million dollars. ps I visited the Grand Canyon too last June/July it was awesome!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, amazing transformation!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    You look great! x
    And then after I reposted I saw the edit button at the bottom!!

Baahahahahahahahaha! Somebody shoot me :-)
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Your waist if fabulous, did you do any specific toning exercises?
    Did it take you a long time to lose that much?
    I'm 5'6, and weigh 173lb, which I'm starting to realise is bigger than I thought.
    What were your start weight etc (if you don't mind me asking)
    I feel like my goal of 140 is a million miles away, so It's excellent to see somebody who has really got to their goal, and looks so well!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    this is gonna sound weird coming from another girl and everything....but you have the hottest body EVER!! i mean that in the least sexual way possible, it's more of a "wow im jealous" kind of way lol

great job!! =)
  • xoArielleMarieox
    Options
    Great job! You look awesomeeeeeee!!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off and you can see it in your smile.

I feel like I was reading my own story. It really resonated with me. I too hated my picture taken at my highest weight. I was so unhappy about my body. I recently hit the 40 pound mark and man, did it feel great! I'm not down to my goal weight but buying smaller jeans this weekend was such a great feeling! I actually felt good going out and about.

So, again, way to go!
  • emilysparey
    emilysparey Posts: 73
    Options
    and that was just 40lbs lost??? wow!! you have literally halved in size! you have a figure to die for...completely jealous :) well done!
  • MissRose888
    MissRose888 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Girl, you have nothing to be ashamed of for posting those older pics - you should be PROUD!!!!!!! You look AMAZING! So throw that "big girl" self consciousness out the window and be the confident, THIN woman you are! You are inspiring to others and I can't wait to get to my goals so I can post my "Success" story as well. Keep up the excellent work !!!!! :):):)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Great job! I recently lost 40 5649341.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counterpounds too. I still have a long way to go. My pics are posted, from right to left.
  • Shelley2210
    Options
    Well done, keep up the good work. I've joined today, I've only got about 14lb to lose, might not seem a lot but being only a shorty (5ft 0) I don't carry extra weight very well even if it is only a few pound. Maybe this site will inspire me, reading all the success stories. Well done again :smile:
  • seesaey
    seesaey Posts: 231
    Options
    this is gonna sound weird coming from another girl and everything....but you have the hottest body EVER!! i mean that in the least sexual way possible, it's more of a "wow im jealous" kind of way lol

great job!! =)
    I was thinking the same thing! Great job!! You look amazing!
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!~ You look fabulous!!!:flowerforyou:
  • timplar
    timplar Posts: 19
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!
  • RichB77
    RichB77 Posts: 88
    Options
    That's tremendous
    Well done ;-)

:drinker:
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    You look fabulous, and really really remind me of mary stewart masterson. I know that's off subject, but you look so much like her!! Fantastic job!!!
  • censu67
    censu67 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job, thanks for sharing, a great motivator for sure!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You look terrific, and love your hair in the last pics too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!