What is the most thing that helped you lose weight fast?

Options

Replies

• kyleh206
    kyleh206 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    kyleh206 wrote: »
    cortesr425 wrote: »
    Doc said change or die. Quit all sugar, most salt, fast food, prepared food, bread, pasta, etc. and went back to basics. Lost my first 40 lbs that way. Using MFP to lose my last 25. So far I i have lost 10 lbs with MFP.

There is no reason to cut out any of those foods unless you have a diagnosed medical condition.

Uh yeah there is.

What is the reason?

I'm not going to sit here and explain why fast food is bad for your body.
  • cortesr425
    cortesr425 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, was having a systemic reaction to the junk and high fat intake not to mention almost daily meat intake. Losing 40 put my bp and blood sugar back to normal and almost eliminated iflammation. I feel normal again. Started working on it 2.5 years ago.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Doc said change or die. Quit all sugar, most salt, fast food, prepared food, bread, pasta, etc. and went back to basics. Lost my first 40 lbs that way. Using MFP to lose my last 25. So far I i have lost 10 lbs with MFP.

There is no reason to cut out any of those foods unless you have a diagnosed medical condition.

Uh yeah there is.

What is the reason?

I get stopping fast food, but bread, sugar prepared food and pasta? Why?
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fast food really helped me lose a lot of weight without spending a fortune. Calorie information is right there and they all are willing to modify (i.e. no mayo).
  • kyleh206
    kyleh206 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    forgtmenot wrote: »

Uh yeah there is.

What is the reason?

You can eat all that. I'm not concerned about all that as long as you aren't going nuts on sugar. I limit myself on it.

I was talking about fast food.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Uh yeah there is.

What is the reason?

You can eat all that. I'm not concerned about all that as long as you aren't going nuts on sugar. I limit myself on it.

What is wrong with sugar?
  • cortesr425
    cortesr425 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Salt is detrimental when you have high blood pressure. If you are on the edge of diabetes that is still controllable with food, you need to avoid foods that spike blood sugar. These are bread, pasra, rice, anything with refined flour. I went back to eating parily vegetarian with a 4 ounce meat portion every two weeks. Obtained protein from beans,nuts, and seeds.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options

Uh yeah there is.

What is the reason?

Sorry I meant to quote the person who said they had to stop eating all those things.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Salt is detrimental when you have high blood pressure. If you are on the edge of diabetes that is still controllable with food, you need to avoid foods that spike blood sugar. These are bread, pasra, rice, anything with refined flour. I went back to eating parily vegetarian with a 4 ounce meat portion every two weeks. Obtained protein from beans,nuts, and seeds.

Where did the op say anything about hypertension, (High blood pressure) or diabetes?

Fruit also has sugar but no flour... As does juice.

Why does one need to go vegetarian?
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/eating-fast-food-bad-health-1548.html
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/fast-food-nutrition-junk-foods-effect-on-your-body.html#b

You can eat fast food and lose weight, sure. But if you eat too much of it on a consistent basis you won't be healthy. Fast food doesn't contain the nutrients your body needs. The high levels of fat and sodium can cause high blood pressure. Excessive dietary sodium can also affect your kidney function. Too much fat can raise cholesterol and contribute to plaque build up and be a factor in heart disease. And because fast food doesn't contain the protein or complex carbohydrates your body needs to maintain consistent blood sugar levels, your blood sugar will drop soon after eating it and you'll crave sugar.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Doc said change or die.

Sounds like a medical condition to me.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    "Fast food" is usually used as a scary buzzword that actually means nothing.

There are lots of healthy fast food options these days.
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Patience is definitely a big factor. Also accurately logging everythaaaang.
  • healthier101
    healthier101 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To lose weight fast, you need to change your mindset about eating habit daily. The mindset is the key.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Patience.

+1
  • jingerbird
    jingerbird Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    From my point of view, I eat way more than I need to. My diet is mostly good but portions sizes are way too big. That is what I work on daily.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Sticking with the plan of CICO.
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Where did the op say anything about hypertension, (High blood pressure) or diabetes?

Fruit also has sugar but no flour... As does juice.

Why does one need to go vegetarian?

what really helped you lose weight fast ? Tips ? Food ? diet ?

The OP asked for what helped people personally... this seems to be @cortesr425's answer to that question. Not sure why you're questioning someone on what personally helped them...