What's your favourite exercise? And why!?

Options
garthom
garthom Posts: 10 Member
Hey guys!

I just want to know about what all your favourite exercises are and why you love them so much!

Mine would be the leg press, I absolutely love this exercise because I love the strain it puts on my hamstrings, just that raw feeling!

So please share your thoughts guys! What is your favourite exercise!

Thanks,
G

Replies

• Seigla
    Seigla Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do running, swimming and running regularly and a bit of fitness every now and then. My favorite activity is running; I feel very free when doing that, exploring the countryside around my town and getting rid of my stress in that way.
  • garthom
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @SirJaseph That sounds brilliant I bet it's even more the better when the sun is shining.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love tennis. I'm pretty much obsessed with it. All of the other exercise I do is pretty much to keep me in shape so I can play tennis, like cross training. I couldn't play at all last week due to rain and I am very grumpy!
  • garthom
    Options
    @North44 That's awesome, tennis is really tiring isn't it! I could never get the hang of it, hand eye co-ordination is too bad for that!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love biking! I can vary route, speed, and distance to get whatever kind of workout I'm looking for that day. Its also something I can do with my kids so I don't have to try to fit exercise in around caring for them. It has the added bonus of instilling healthy habits early for them. My 7 year old loves to ask how many miles we've ridden she can easily ride 5-7 miles at an average of 10mph and when school ends next week we'll be trying some longer rides on a local trail.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Deadlift. Hits just about everything.

This is not me :wink: but is very impressive -

muscleandfitness.com/athletes-celebrities/news/check-out-eddie-halls-epic-deadlifting-pyramid-set

• alcurran33
    alcurran33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    At the minute bent over rows are just my favourite exercise going, I love how strong they make me feel!
    Outside the gym, swimming and roller blading are my go-to activities
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,417 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love golf but unless I'm walking it's not much exercise (and I'm currently on the DL and can't play so very grumpy and sad). Inside the gym I LOVE my dance fusion class. I never thought I could have so much fun dancing without alcohol! I burn a crap ton of calories, my heart rate soars and I'm grinning ear to ear every week. I love how I feel when I'm done lifting and I love the cardio workout and calorie burn from spinning.
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Big hikes with lots of altitude gain. It's a great workout that you get to spend with others and enjoy the great outdoors.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Hiking. Fresh air, nature, a great workout that doesn't feel like a workout, good for body and soul.
  • tmoser512
    tmoser512 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell swing :smiley:
  • ffswmn
    ffswmn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell swings
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bodypump as I really like to push myself in each class and feel like I've achieved something when I'm able to increase my weight!
  • Gun4a
    Gun4a Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love thrusters. Works every muscle
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like step workouts with weights, it burns a ton of calories and I can feel what muscles are being targeted after.
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Dancing is my favorite cardio exercise. Leg press or squats for strength.
  • CoRockChick77
    CoRockChick77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Zumba. It burns a ton of calories, it challenges me mentally and makes me feel sexy all at the same time. I never get tired of it.
  • andxhow
    andxhow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    squats. squats. squats. squats. squats. all day. every day.
  • garthom
    Options
    some pretty amazing answers, sorry I haven't been able to reply to you all as I've been working, but yeah it's awesome to see how different training techniques are peoples favourites! really interesting stuff guys cheers!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I don't have just 1. I love to tri, because I enjoy swimming, cycling, and running. I love long bike rides. Just me and my music and open country roads. I love kayaking. Can't explain why. I love tennis. There is just something about hitting little green balls that makes me happy. I love scuba diving. The underwater world is just amazing and beautiful. Those are some of my favorites.