Low calorie drinks at the bar....Recommendations?

Options

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I like a vodka tonic or a gin and tonic now and again. But none of that tastes as good as beer.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    when I know I'm going to drink a lot... I stick with tequila and soda water... Doesn't taste the best but it does it's job and I never get hangovers from it.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    vodka soda with lemon and lime, especially in the summer! Or just tequila on ice with a little lime twisted in!
  • mikeski52
    mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet Red Bull!
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I do either vodka with water and the water enhancer (mio or dasani) or iced tea vodka with water and a lemon. At home I usually have the skinny iced tea vodka which is even less calories.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    LinseyGill wrote: »
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    I am a vodka girl. YES, I know that alcohol doesn't help with weight loss, however there are going to be times that I will be with friends at the bar. What are some good suggestions? I really like vodka but vodka and oj or pineapple juice can add up on calories as well as sugar. Not sure that I would like tonic water or anything like that because it is flavorless.....Anyone? I am not a dark liquor drinker.

High in the flavour stakes & requires no mixers - whiskey! You also won't drink to much, it's impossible.

What do you mean?

I mean you won't overdo the calories by drinking too much of it. It's a drink to be savoured

Yeah, because no one ever drank too much whiskey...
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options

In related news, Scotland and Ireland apparently never existed.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    These threads are annoying. Drinking itself is a bad choice already and then you want to watch what you drink to stick with diet? Just freaking drink. The last thing on my mind when I'm out to have a good night is watching what I drink/eat because it's already a bad choice to drink alcohol itself.

Not in moderation it's not. I'll cut you some slack because per your profile you are 21. However, you also say you are going into healthcare and like to give advice. Perhaps get a little more education before doling out advice? I understand your interest, seeing as how you've reached your own health goals but it takes a lot of experience and open-mindedness to give helpful advice to others. Keep learning and use discernment.

On topic, I do Crystal Light lemonade, either tequila or lemon rum and lemon or lime juice at home. Out at a bar it's easiest to just go with rum and Diet Coke. Sometimes with a bit of grenadine.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    What about flavoured vodka with water or club soda? It's certainly one of the more low-cal sweet-tasting options if you're drinking highballs. I used to drink a lot of raspberry vodka with water at the bar when I was freshly legal...

I don't drink sweet stuff anymore so I can't help too much beyond that, but yeah.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    I am a vodka girl. YES, I know that alcohol doesn't help with weight loss, however there are going to be times that I will be with friends at the bar. What are some good suggestions? I really like vodka but vodka and oj or pineapple juice can add up on calories as well as sugar. Not sure that I would like tonic water or anything like that because it is flavorless.....Anyone? I am not a dark liquor drinker.

High in the flavour stakes & requires no mixers - whiskey! You also won't drink to much, it's impossible.

What do you mean?

I mean you won't overdo the calories by drinking too much of it. It's a drink to be savoured

Exactly. I've never drank 20 ounces of whiskey at once.

Just like I'm NOT on a food logging app in attmpt to lose weight because I overdid it on calories.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much, but when I do, it's usually something cold that requires ice (not beer obviously). I load up on a lot of ice to make the drink last for less calories. I stick to only 1-2 drinks at a function/night, but that's enough to get me that nice buzzy feeling at my weight and height. I understand if other people want more!
  • nicolaferris420
    nicolaferris420 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Vodka, soda water with fresh lime - it's not called a Skinny *kitten* for nothing!
  • HealthyHappy619
    HealthyHappy619 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    What about flavoured vodka with water or club soda? It's certainly one of the more low-cal sweet-tasting options if you're drinking highballs. I used to drink a lot of raspberry vodka with water at the bar when I was freshly legal...

I don't drink sweet stuff anymore so I can't help too much beyond that, but yeah.

Agreed! There are a lot of tasty flavored vodkas out there (e.g. Skyy Blood Orange, Absolut Apeach, etc. - Yum!) and most bars will have a few to choose from. I usually drink them with plain soda water and they have great taste with only 80cal (per 1fl oz vodka)! The citrus flavored ones tend to be less "sweet" tasting to me...

• segacs
    Options
    Agreed! There are a lot of tasty flavored vodkas out there (e.g. Skyy Blood Orange, Absolut Apeach, etc. - Yum!) and most bars will have a few to choose from. I usually drink them with plain soda water and they have great taste with only 80cal (per 1fl oz vodka)! The citrus flavored ones tend to be less "sweet" tasting to me...

A standard single shot is 1.5 fl oz, not 1. That's roughly 100 calories.

Just, if you want to be accurate, might as well be accurate.

• forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Vodka, soda water with fresh lime - it's not called a Skinny *kitten* for nothing!

Lol I've never heard it called that before.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just drink vodka with diet coke?

Aye.

How about gin and tonic?
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I had a drink at the bar. I've just switched it up to soda water.
  • segacs
    Options
    How about gin and tonic?

There's about 200 calories in your average G&T.

For my calorie budget, I'd rather have a glass of wine, which is more like ~125 calories per serving, or a craft beer, which usually averages about ~150-200 calories per bottle.

But it's personal preference, eh? That's like debating chips vs. chocolate. Whatever your preference, just make it fit.
  • Jesstaysan
    Jesstaysan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who is doing excellent on her fitness journey drinks raspberry vodka with club soda! It's real good.
  • CGreen177
    CGreen177 Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Gin and slimline. You can get some lovely small batch gins, and if you can get your hands on fevertree tonic - heaven :)

Edit: OK random question and totally off topic. I see some random photo next to me with CNN or FOX or something. It's not my profile pic. wth??? And when I go to look at my profile it's there too ...