I feel like 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels ISN'T WORKING for ME

Options
Hey,
I just startred 30 day shred and I'm on day 9 and I feel that there is no results yet. I am 153 cm in high and my current weight is 56 kg. I have big and ugly tights and that is what is bothering me the most. I can't wear shorts and feel good. In a month from now I'm going to vacation and i wanted to lose some centimetres on my thighs and belly. Only change that I have noticed so far is stronger and more mascular arms. I am eating healthy and also riding a bike to work every day. This is very demotivating because I see all this pictures with excelent results. I was wondering does anyone have the similar story?

Also I have tried Insanity, done for 1 month, didn't done all days and not entire workouts

Replies

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What's Your Diet Like? How Many Calories Are You Eating?
  • IrethRing
    IrethRing Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I eat vegetables and cerrials, through day I eat about 4 small meals, usally leftovers from lunch. My last meal is in about 7 p.m. I consume chicken and turkey from meat only and sometimes fish. My snacks are fruits such like strawberrys or bananas, and I'm tring to drink water as much as possible, about 2 L. My calorie intake is about 1200-1300. Is fresh cheese or feta cheese good for diet?
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Exercise in and of itself does nothing for weight loss. Absolutely, positively nothing. It will help build muscle and replace fat. It will help burn calories. But if you're eating more calories than you burn you're not going to lose weight, period. Washboard abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I think you're hoping for too much too soon. As long as your caloric intake is less than the calories you burn, you will lose weight, and it's a marathon, not a sprint; you have to be in this for the long-haul, not just a vacation. Keep track and log everything you eat w/MFP (which it seems like you currently are doing), and don't starve yourself. You can do this, but don't expect miracles in a month.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Really? You've only given it 9 days?

Better throw in the towel then. :|

Okay, I know that was super sarcastic, but really... a whole nine days? What are you expecting in 9 days? Plus, it's a THIRTY day program. You still have 21 days to go.

If you feel like you don't see results after the 30 days are you going to give up on your goals?

Try completing something first before deciding there weren't any results.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    IrethRing wrote: »
    Hey,
    I just startred 30 day shred and I'm on day 9 and I feel that there is no results yet. I am 153 cm in high and my current weight is 56 kg. I have big and ugly tights and that is what is bothering me the most. I can't wear shorts and feel good. In a month from now I'm going to vacation and i wanted to lose some centimetres on my thighs and belly. Only change that I have noticed so far is stronger and more mascular arms. I am eating healthy and also riding a bike to work every day. This is very demotivating because I see all this pictures with excelent results. I was wondering does anyone have the similar story?

Also I have tried Insanity, done for 1 month, didn't done all days and not entire workouts

You are 9 days in... change takes a lot longer than that. I know that 30 day shred promotes big changes in 30 days, but it's not guaranteed.

A month from now, your health will be better, you will be stronger, you may see some differences, but you will NOT have a miracle body. It didn't take you 30 days to get to your current state, so don't expect it to be solved in 30 days either.

You need to set realistic expectations and focus on the further horizon. Trying to cram a miracle into 30 days of low cals and intense exercise may not be the best way to get to (and stay at) the body you want.
  • smblahblah
    smblahblah Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred and I found that although i was following the steps, i wasnt pushing myself to work as hard as i can. basically its easy to kinda slack off. so just push yourself.
    its a good sign you are getting muscular! I find I get muscular at first too and my fat starts burning off soon after.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    What did you expect to happen in 9 days?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i did the 30ds many many times. did it change my body outwardly significantly? no. did it make me stronger? probably. Did it help my mood? definitely! Did it make me feel like a badass? you bet. Doing t25 with similar results. outwardly? not much, unless you consider my attitude and the way i carry myself an outward attribute.
  • IrethRing
    IrethRing Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for a reply, all the comments helped me. Of course i wasn't expecting something drastic to change, I just felt like it doesn't work, like I was doing something wrong. I'm gonna stay ona 30 day shred and add up some running for future. I am now where I am but soon I hope I gonna see some results. I guess I'm too focused on those results from other people which I see in pictures on Internet.
    Thank you once again!