Low calorie drinks at the bar....Recommendations?

Options
124»

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    My drink of choice is Captain Morgan and diet. If you really only like vodka, then I second the flavored vodka with diet or soda water. This is a good resource too: http://getdrunknotfat.com/.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Flavored vodka club. My favorite flavors are absolutes cherrykran and their pear flavor (not together).
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Fit4MyKidzz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am hearing tonic is high in sugar or calories...One of the 2. I haven't looked it up..Do you know if it is?
    Why don't you just drink vodka with diet coke?

Aye.

How about gin and tonic?

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Vodka + tonic with lime or lemon. Or vodka with grapefruit juice.
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    is tonic bitter?
    whmscll wrote: »

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    CGreen177 wrote: »
    Gin and slimline. You can get some lovely small batch gins, and if you can get your hands on fevertree tonic - heaven :)

Edit: OK random question and totally off topic. I see some random photo next to me with CNN or FOX or something. It's not my profile pic. wth??? And when I go to look at my profile it's there too ...

I don't see anything next to your pic here. Do you still see it? Is it an ad or something? I've seen some odd things happening here ever since the "upgrade" thing was announced.
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    I like the sound of that! :p
    Jesstaysan wrote: »
    A friend of mine who is doing excellent on her fitness journey drinks raspberry vodka with club soda! It's real good.

• Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    Love this site! Couldn't remember the name of it! Thanks ;)
    My drink of choice is Captain Morgan and diet. If you really only like vodka, then I second the flavored vodka with diet or soda water. This is a good resource too: http://getdrunknotfat.com/.

• wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If I'm drinking, then I'm drinking. Not gonna diet my way through a good time lol
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    is tonic bitter?

Tonic is bitter. I personally don't like it and it is higher in calories than club soda (zero in club soda, vs 110 per 10fl oz in tonic water)
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    That's what I am hearing. I will definitely be trying the flavored vodka with club soda and maybe lime or something. Thanks bunches!
    forgtmenot wrote: »
    is tonic bitter?

Tonic is bitter. I personally don't like it and it is higher in calories than club soda (zero in club soda, vs 110 per 10fl oz in tonic water)

• Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    Me just drinking without being mindful is what got a lot of my weight I originally lost right back on me so yes I am trying to find alternatives...Not to get wasted but to enjoy a few low calorie drinks with friends.
    wolf39us wrote: »
    If I'm drinking, then I'm drinking. Not gonna diet my way through a good time lol

• nylo143
    nylo143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Vodka and lemon slices is what I do
    Sprite zero is yummy with vodka and some lemon slices.
    Drinking vodka is my splurge on weekends or special occasions so if out I do the above if we are mixing at home we get 5 calorie cranberry juice and sprite Zeroe
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    forgtmenot wrote: »
    is tonic bitter?

Yes, it's a matter of what you like. I like the taste of vodka tonics; can't drink vodka with just water. Diet Sprite and Sprite zero are yummy, I agree!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Stoli or Tito on the rocks, a little dirty (olive juice), with a couple of olives.
    I also enjoy wine, or craft beers in moderation.
  • Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    I bet vodka is good with that 5 calorie cranberry juice and sprite zero! I must try that for home!! Thanks :p
    nylo143 wrote: »
    Vodka and lemon slices is what I do
    Sprite zero is yummy with vodka and some lemon slices.
    Drinking vodka is my splurge on weekends or special occasions so if out I do the above if we are mixing at home we get 5 calorie cranberry juice and sprite Zeroe

• Fit4MyKidzz
    Options
    Most bars don't have a variety of diet drinks though..I hate that..Only Diet Coke normally. I wish they did have like Sprite Zero etc..