The reason I HAD TO LOSE WEIGHT.

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Wow you look like two different people! Congrats you look great!!!!
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wonderful testimony.
  • ChinaLove23
    ChinaLove23 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Wow you look like two different people! Congrats you look great!!!!

That is definitely true. A lot of people do not even recognize me in the streets. I see a lot of people from high school who walk right past me.
    And they don't even realize it.
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    Wonderful testimony.

Thank you!!! I'm going to try and live by it. I'm not letting weight define me. I'm letting the strength, the will and power define me.
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    brynnsmom wrote: »
    You are beautiful!

Thanks babes!!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i love how elegant u look in the second pic. and confident! all the best on the rest of your journey!
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    i love how elegant u look in the second pic. and confident! all the best on the rest of your journey!

Thank you so much. It was such a transformation that I still can't believe both pictures are me.
  • amberjo1986
    amberjo1986 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job! I agree, while you look fantastic on both pics, you seem happier on the right. Just a tip, don't let anyone stop you. Heavy people who lose a lot of weight seem to catch a lot of flak from loved ones the closer they get to a normal weight range. I've seen it happen to one friend and a family member, people making comments like "eat something, you're skin and bones" or "you're starving yourself". Both individuals had moved from the obese category to merely overweight when the comments started coming. It's really weird.
  • blessed9810
    blessed9810 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new pals to stay motivated.
    A little about me. I had the weight loss surgery and now I'm working out to get to my goal of 200 lbs. I was almost 400 lbs when I started this journey. But now I want to help motivate others while maintaining my motivation.
    I pretty much decided it was time for a change when I went to Europe. Everyone looked so fit. And here I was 21 almost 400lbs and African American in a foreign country. Not a good look.
    Working out at home didn't work for me as well. I had to remove myself from where I ate, drank and slept. Honestly, I know you hate the gym but in all honesty it will motivate you more. At the gym no one is there truly judging you. At least I hope not. If they are, excuse my language *kitten* them. You are there working on you and that's what's important. Be you and workout. Working out at home is a battle. But once u get to that gym, the atmosphere, the sweat it's all worth it. Let home be home where u relax.
    I do work out about 4-5 times a week. For an 30minutes to an 1hr. I have a personal trainer and she is a beast. Lol a little joke, I call her my Dom and I'm the sub.

Please add me! =]
    Also u can add me on Instagram @imjustapoet

Tiara bv2teprm4jpw.jpg

• jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    You look amazing btw. I'm Joanne, 35, mum of four. I'm from Ireland but living in Nigeria. I don't feel like going to a gym yet because I'd stick out like a sore thumb. Do work out at home, 4-5 days a week, doing 30 Day Shred at the moment and boy am I burning. Sending you friend request. Nice to meet you. Keep up the good work!!!
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    Great job! I agree, while you look fantastic on both pics, you seem happier on the right. Just a tip, don't let anyone stop you. Heavy people who lose a lot of weight seem to catch a lot of flak from loved ones the closer they get to a normal weight range. I've seen it happen to one friend and a family member, people making comments like "eat something, you're skin and bones" or "you're starving yourself". Both individuals had moved from the obese category to merely overweight when the comments started coming. It's really weird.

Oh I've lost two best friends over me losing weight.
    One said you'll look skinny but you'll be nothing but flab and still have weight. No support.
    The second one said she was going to pick my maid of honor dress because she was afraid I'd outshine her at her own wedding.
  • ChinaLove23
    Options

Oh I've lost two best friends over me losing weight.
    One said you'll look skinny but you'll be nothing but flab and still have weight. No support.
    The second one said she was going to pick my maid of honor dress because she was afraid I'd outshine her at her own wedding.

• hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, you look great!
  • janisvin
    janisvin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look divine in your blue dress! Keep at it! It's your new lifestyle and doesn't it feel fabulous?!?
  • apadams2015
    apadams2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    congratulations, you look great! sending you a friend request for motivation!
  • justpeachypink
    justpeachypink Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on so much progress!
    You and I are about the same weight now, with similar weight-loss goals. I'm gonna add you, if that's okay! I'll probably follow you on instagram too. :)
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    hotnumber wrote: »
    Congratulations on your weight loss, you look great!

Thank you so much. I'm still at it!!
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    janisvin wrote: »
    You look divine in your blue dress! Keep at it! It's your new lifestyle and doesn't it feel fabulous?!?

It feels great to be in control of it all.
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    congratulations, you look great! sending you a friend request for motivation!

Most definitely. Feel free to ask questions or if u post I will try to write on it and encourage you.
  • ChinaLove23
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats on so much progress!
    You and I are about the same weight now, with similar weight-loss goals. I'm gonna add you, if that's okay! I'll probably follow you on instagram too. :)

Sure that's not an issue. And congrats on you making a change for a better and healthier lifestyle. Just for it I'm proud of you.