Most embarrassing gym experience!

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Oh the memories, if you haven't yet had a treadmill experience you will. Mine was dropping the cap off my water bottle and not wanting anyone else to get hurt I bent down to pick up the cap, yeah apparently you're supposed to stop the treadmill first landed on my feet to applause.

If you're every feeling a breeze where you shouldn't be, something is out of place, quickly check yourself!

Took hubby to the gym with me, he was on the bike and watching TV and while watching TV he forgot he was supposed to be peddling, how dare I bring this slacker to the gym. He sat that way for almost 20 minutes until I walked by and tapped his shoulder. The best part was the 3 or 4 men that stopped next to him and looked at the TV trying to figure out what had him so hooked. LOL Thankfully this was outside of my usual time slot otherwise the regulars of my mornings would have had some seriously fun with that.

There was the old man that forgot his pants one day, 5am and he was there to do his usual routine. Not sure how he made it so far without pants with it being winter in Maine but he quickly went home and got them. Kudos to him though, he came right on back like nothing happened.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I was running on the treadmill while watching COPS. They did a pit maneuver, I dodged and fell off the treadmill.

Bwahahahaha! Feeling guilty?

I couldn't get my bench weight back up and tried to roll it down my body to get it off. It got hung up on my iPhone that was clipped on my waist. Of course, big hunky guy came to help out lil' ol' me, which made it even more embarrassing.

Not feeling guilty. I worked as a cop.
  • determinedmills
    determinedmills Posts: 11 Member
    I'm quite a busty lady, so I now try to avoid treadmills.. long story short - unless you have a well supported bra/sports bra on don't attempt to run. Boob-age may pop out!

Ironically enough I had that problem at 260lbs
  • determinedmills
    I planned a quick 3-miler on the treadmill. I walked in with my earbuds on, saw an empty mill, stepped on it without really looking or listening....whoever was on it last, left it running. REALLY running.

I stepped on and immediately my feet disappeared from underneath me. I was able to catch the side-rails just barely in time to not hit the the moving tread face-first, but in trying to catch myself, my right knee and left shin took something of a beating. I managed to fall on my knees away from the moving treadmill, but not before my earbuds disconnected from my cellphone, which I had to go back and grab because that thing just flew away. I was SO embarrassed (this was a treadmill in front of the windows, at the front of the gym), I just jumped back on the treadmill like nothing happened and ran my 3 miler.

It wasn't until I got to the car that I realized I'd actually lost some skin and was bleeding on my left shin, and my knee was bruised and swollen. I remember just sitting there with my head on the steering wheel for a while before finally driving back home.

The worst part for me was no one laughed. I was laughing. Everyone else was too embarrassed for me.

I've done so much stupid crap on the treadmill. I invested in powerbeats wireless headphones because I kept hitting the headphone chord with my arm and knocking my phone over. Made even worse when it hits a treadmill and goes flying off into the wall
  • determinedmills
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    being too short to get off the lap pull down because I put the weight up too high x_X

My friend did that and the pull down essentially became a human catapult
  • determinedmills
    JayRuby84 wrote: »
    Was feeling sexy and strong doing upper body stuff...then looked and noticed my deodorant was all balled up in my pits. The other was when I was doing jumps and couldn't hold my bladder. Had to walk across the gym to the ladies room to mop things up. Humbled my buns right away.

I once farted while doing squat jumps next to the most gorgeous woman. Its like 'what do you do?' do you carry on and pretend nothing happened or stop to acknowledge it?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    So... everybody else's most embarrassing gym moments have happened to OP as well?
  • katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Tell me about it... was doing mountain climbers into burpees and practically flashed the gym. I started wearing t-shirts only after that.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    I once had horrible flatulence soo bad I could clear people out of an area in a few minutes. It was a packed gym but it didn't take me long waiting for equipment if I stood next to them. 7 hard boiled eggs a day and 3 protein shakes was too much. Lesson learned. It was a bit funny at the time, but I was super embarrassed.
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    I had already done a bunch of squats and yoga stretches before I caught a glimpse of the huge hole that magically appeared in my crotch. And to think that I stayed in downward facing dog for a while...Super embarrassing and I felt sorry for anyone behind me.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    I once had horrible flatulence soo bad I could clear people out of an area in a few minutes. It was a packed gym but it didn't take me long waiting for equipment if I stood next to them. 7 hard boiled eggs a day and 3 protein shakes was too much. Lesson learned. It was a bit funny at the time, but I was super embarrassed.

Aw man, eggs do it to me every time! Then I get paranoid that other people can tell I'm pinching my cheeks trying to keep from tooting. But eggs are sooooo good.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    My second time at spin class ever, we were pushing hard out of the saddle and my knee just buckled and I fell off the bike entirely. Luckily I didn't hurt myself but yes, embarrassing.
  • K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member
    I forgot my tennis shoes but was determined to workout so I wore moccasins to lift weights.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Well, luckily I'm pretty thick skinned, but I went to the pool a couple of weeks ago. Now, I'm cheap so I joined the pool at my middle school which always has limited lap times and I'm always rushing to get there. I wore my suit under my t-shirt and yoga pants and totally forgot to put a bra and panties in my gym bag.

When I was done swimming, there was a kids birthday party getting ready to start since they have a little party room you can rent. I took my shower and then realized no underthings. I left in a tank top going commando under my yoga pants since I just couldn't see putting my wet suit back on. It was pretty blatant that I was letting it all hang out.

I also drop my phone regularly whenever I use any machines like the elliptical, ARC, or treadmill. I'm just not graceful.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    being too short to get off the lap pull down because I put the weight up too high x_X

that made me giggle
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    i had just dead lifted and i had placed the fully loaded barbell on the rails of the squat rack, and went to one side to remove the plates. usually i go back and forth removing one plate off each side, but my soul hadn't re-entered my body yet, and i wasn't thinking. i took all three plates off one side and it flew up in the air. it nearly clocked me on the chin, and thank god it didn't because i would've dropped 135lbs on my foot.

two guys came to help me out and i left the gym so quickly i think i left a Captain shaped hole in the front door.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Stinky loud fart by "Ultimate Hotty" while OPing (she wrinkled her nose and moved) ... completely embarrassed - wasn't even my best effort.
  • K_saine
    K_saine Posts: 58 Member

I also drop my phone regularly whenever I use any machines like the elliptical, ARC, or treadmill. I'm just not graceful.
    I have dropped and cracked my phone twice in the last week... Good thing I didn't get it replaced the first time it fell.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Oh, man, this was back in my early 20s when I was on my university's dance team. We had a personal trainer for the team (he was so good looking *sigh*), we would go to the gym and train as a group. Well, this evening he had us doing crunches (or something of that nature) and he was seated right by me and I totally farted...more than once. HAHAHAHA! Now I think it is hilarious...at the time I wanted to die. Thankfully all parties involved acted like nothing happened, but we all knew. lol
  • kmestripez
    kmestripez Posts: 7 Member
    I ripped a hole in the butt of my leggings during my work out once.

I don't know if this technically qualifies as "gym embarrassment" but there was another time that I was taking a shower after working out. I hadn't bought a lock for the locker yet. I had all my valuables with me but I left my clothes so they didn't get wet. Wrapped in a towel, I went back to get my clothes on. Someone really stole them! I checked the lost in found - they weren't there. I had to call my boyfriend to meet me in the family locker room and wear his stinky gym clothes that were way too big home. I checked the front desk - they weren't turned in. Never to be found again. Needless to say, everyone in the hall got to see me totally red in the face as I made my way to the family locker in a towel. :|