Most embarrassing gym experience!

Options

Replies

• DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It didn't happen to me, but I was a witness. We had a substitute instructor in an aerobics class. They led the class on a raised platform. She happened to be wearing white leggings and in the middle of the class she got her period. She didn't notice for a long time (probably assumed the sensation was sweat) and finally someone close to her got her attention and she abruptly left the class, changed into black leggings while taking care of the problem, then returned to finish the class.

I felt badly for her, but she seemed to take it in stride.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Doing squats and forgot to put the safety bars up. I thought I had more in the tank but was sadly mistaken. I got stuck squatting at the bottom until some random guy saved me from myself. I definitely remember the safety bars now.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Once I was changing weights and I was also sort-of checking out a very good-looking guy (NOT staring, honestly!) and I stood up and hit my head on the machine.

And a few times when I went to the gym without breakfast, I was close to fainting and had to hold on to something for a minute after my cardio.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    MikaMojito wrote: »
    Once I was changing weights and I was also sort-of checking out a very good-looking guy (NOT staring, honestly!) and I stood up and hit my head on the machine.

And a few times when I went to the gym without breakfast, I was close to fainting and had to hold on to something for a minute after my cardio.

Nothing wrong with mirin on someone. Most guys enjoy it. Sorry about your noggin bonkin.

Kicking your own butt in the gym to the point you need to take a break is something to be proud of, not embarrassed.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    MilicaX wrote: »
    Ripped my entire pants doing a stretch and I was butt naked.. Unfortunaly, I wasn't wearing any underwear that day....
    I've done something similar. I was trying to transfer from a PT mat back to my wheelchair, and my bottoms fit a tad too loosely, not to mention sticking to the sweaty surface. Therefore, both pants and undys slid right off! Thank goodness only girls are allowed to work there.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I was running on the treadmill while watching COPS. They did a pit maneuver, I dodged and fell off the treadmill.

:D:D:D
  • determinedmills
    determinedmills Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    MilicaX wrote: »
    Ripped my entire pants doing a stretch and I was butt naked.. Unfortunaly, I wasn't wearing any underwear that day....

Wowza now that's an instance where a workout might come to an abrupt end!
  • determinedmills
    determinedmills Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    kmestripez wrote: »
    I ripped a hole in the butt of my leggings during my work out once.

I don't know if this technically qualifies as "gym embarrassment" but there was another time that I was taking a shower after working out. I hadn't bought a lock for the locker yet. I had all my valuables with me but I left my clothes so they didn't get wet. Wrapped in a towel, I went back to get my clothes on. Someone really stole them! I checked the lost in found - they weren't there. I had to call my boyfriend to meet me in the family locker room and wear his stinky gym clothes that were way too big home. I checked the front desk - they weren't turned in. Never to be found again. Needless to say, everyone in the hall got to see me totally red in the face as I made my way to the family locker in a towel. :|

Who steals stuff like that at a gym? Madness
  • dgoodie92
    dgoodie92 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Got stuck full depth during an ATG Squat at 110 Kilos.
  • katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Options
    Was doing skull crushers it was at the end of my workout and my triceps were shot, I reached muscle failure and literally crushed my skull. The guy behind me came and grabbed the barbell. Huge knot and bruise for a week.
  • BrandNewMan1970
    BrandNewMan1970 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    In my early 20's (44 now) I lived in Massachusets and joined a gym. The gym owner was hot. I was doing squats and back then could squat quite a bit. She got nervous and spotted me, so I didn't stop squatting until I passed out. Fortunately I was in a squat rack so I didn't get hurt. Woke up to her standing over me and about 20 MUB's laughing their *kitten* off.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    ripping the *kitten* out of an old pair of shorts while I was catching a heavy clean. sometimes I go commando...that was one of those times.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I got trapped under a bench press :| I had only benched once before.. soo I went to use the smith machine ( Iknow, I know the smith machine sucks) I loaded up the bar with 50 pounds, which I knew I benched before. Apparently I didn't take the bar weight into account and ended up getting pinned. Since it was the smith machine I couldn't roll the bar off and I had to wait until one of the other regulars at 5am noticed. He ended up pulling the bar off of me... but it was super embarrassing haha. Thankfully the gym I go to now actually has benches for bench press and I don't deal with the smith machine anymore.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    gym-fail.gif
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Had lost a few pounds, but not enough to consider buying new pants yet. Until they fell to my ankles mid-run on the treadmill.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Doing one-armed dumbbell rows - slightly sweaty support hand slipped off the bench, on the way down clipped my shoulder then head on a support on the bench, which in turn brought the bench down on me as I hit the ground.

I think a couple people may have noticed.
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Well there was that one time that I was so disoriented from reverse dumbbell lunges that I accidentally walked into the ladies room.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It was back squat day, and I had just read an article talking about proper squat form. The article said you should look down while coming out of the bottom of your squat, which didn't make any sense to me, but I figured I'd try it. So I've got 225 on the bar in the power rack, squat, and look down to see if it made a difference. It did. As soon as I looked down my back rounded on it's own and went head first into the front of the rack, the barbell hitting and then sliding down to the safety bars. I wasn't hurt, but I looked like a fool who couldn't squat. I thought I'd gone unnoticed, but later one of the power lifters asked if I had slipped. Sigh....
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone noticed, but my sports bra strap totally broke mid run. I had to stop and find a safety pin in order to keep running.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I was running on the treadmill while watching COPS. They did a pit maneuver, I dodged and fell off the treadmill.

LMAO