13»

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    well...true. It is about self control. If she's happy whatever. Her baby was born a month after mine, not really an excuse it was almost a year ago, but I guess she doesn't need an excuse if she doesn't want one. And I don't think OP was bashing Kelly, just saying it's on us no matter we are. Don't be so sensitive.

An excuse for what? The state of her body?

yes that's what I meant absolutely. Kids aren't an excuse, I don't follow her or her music and have no idea how she addresses her weight if at all, I'm just saying to others here pointing out she has a kid....that....it's not an excuse.

She's not making excuses. Someone else mentioned it. Kelly is fine with where she is.

What was up with your rejoinder to everyone to not be so sensitive? You're okay with body shaming Kelly, then? On a site devoted to fitness, you think that's just a-ok?

Apparently. And I find it telling that her profile is hidden.

The word "excuse" implies that there is something to be excused. As if she is at fault for not having a perfect body even though she has money. The whole idea is awful; assigning morals to her body and saying she she somehow feel shame and needs to have a reason for not living up to arbitrary expectations of random people on the internet.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Maybe she doesn't need an excuse! Have you ever thought that maybe she is happy with her body and she doesn't want to change it.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    well...true. It is about self control. If she's happy whatever. Her baby was born a month after mine, not really an excuse it was almost a year ago, but I guess she doesn't need an excuse if she doesn't want one. And I don't think OP was bashing Kelly, just saying it's on us no matter we are. Don't be so sensitive.

Soooo overly sensitive about someone who doesn't even know they exist!!

Lollllll you people.
  • Ameengyrl
    Options
    This is less about Kelly Clarkson (could be anybody really) and more about ditching our excuses as to why we are where we are. It's a mental game, not about trainers and personal chefs.

But I'm so tickled about how flabbergasted so many folks here are. Reeeeeelax, Kelly doesn't give a damn about my opinion! Lol or yours
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love how actually having manners and class is now classified as being over-sensitive.

It's not about her not knowing who you are, it's about you being the type of person who thinks it's ok to start a coversation by basically saying "have you seen how fat XX got?"
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm not a big fan of Clarkson per se (great pipes) and I hope she never gives a rats what arseholes think but I am a big fan of the people who may relate to and be inspired by her.

Again, your thread title is unfortunate. Your point was lost at the very beginning.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    This is less about Kelly Clarkson (could be anybody really) and more about ditching our excuses as to why we are where we are. It's a mental game, not about trainers and personal chefs.

But I'm so tickled about how flabbergasted so many folks here are. Reeeeeelax, Kelly doesn't give a damn about my opinion! Lol or yours

You're still rude.
  • Ameengyrl
    Options
    Mmmhmmm. Next time I won't drag public figures into a public forum for public discussion. The gall!! Lol.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You just don't get it, do you. Sigh.
  • Ameengyrl
    Options
    :|:|:|

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Wow...just wow. Seriously OP?