Replies

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    ryry62685 wrote: »
    Recipe: Chicken Thighs
    Step 1: Chest (35 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 2: Back (25 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 3: Upper Shoulders (20 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 4: Lower Body (10 Minutes walking on 10% decline)
    Step 5: Lower Shoulders (20 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 6: Arms and Abs (100 Sets Pump and Burn)

This recipe will result in a nice set of chicken thighs

LOL :)
  • CCGwald
    CCGwald Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Season w/ Garlic Powder, Paprika and Cumin.

Brown in a skillet

Add a can of diced tomatoes, a small diced onion and a couple of stalks of chopped celery.

Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for ~20 minutes

In the last few minutes add a chopped Bell Pepper (I prefer them still a little crispy)

Serve over steamed rice.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The absolutely best way to prepare chicken thighs, skin on.
    http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/perfect-pan-roasted-chicken-thighs
    You may eat skin off of course.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste pollo sabroso. The only thing I do differently than double the recipe(cuz my fam devours these!) is add some spiced rum or tequila to the marinade as well as fresh lime or lemon juice. it rocks.
    I also use thighs for just about any recipe that calls for breast meat.

Thank you @gaelowyn_pt_duex ! This will be on next weeks dinner list :)

Lots of good ideas :)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    This one is delicious if you like mustard:
    tablefortwoblog.com/holy-yum-chicken/#.UuFPCLRlDIU

I've made this before ~ delicious!!

Thanks for the remider @Bouteloua1234 :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

Just looked this up and pinned it... sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing it :)
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I make my own marinades, but for quick and easy chicken or just thighs (which I did last night), I use KC Masterpiece marinades. I make a couple slashed in each piece, put them into a zip bag, and pour over enough marinade to coat the thighs. Marinate for a minimum of 3 hours and geill. Delicious.

I made the honey teriyaki yesterday, but I also like the lemon pepper and southwestern chipotle ones.

Thanks for the idea Tina! @tinascar2015 or anyone :) How do you count the marinade? I've never used it as I wasn't sure.

That's impossible to count exactly. Some is thrown out. You could measure it when you marinate the chicken and measure what's left when you remove it from the bag. I let the raw marinated chicken sit on a plate while the grill is heating and a fair amount seeps out. The only marinade you can't measure is what goes in the drip pan, which also jncludes meat juices.

In other words, I budget for one or two tablespoons for a thigh
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    1 cup of fat free Greek yogurt
    1 packet ranch seasoning
    Mix, spread on chicken and bake for 30 mins.
    Yummy ranch chicken!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    This is hands-down my favorite chicken thigh recipe. I serve it over cous cous:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-honey-brushed-chicken-thighs
  • tinab190
    tinab190 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing so many great ideas!! <3
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Sometimes I make my own marinades, but for quick and easy chicken or just thighs (which I did last night), I use KC Masterpiece marinades. I make a couple slashed in each piece, put them into a zip bag, and pour over enough marinade to coat the thighs. Marinate for a minimum of 3 hours and geill. Delicious.

I made the honey teriyaki yesterday, but I also like the lemon pepper and southwestern chipotle ones.

Thanks for the idea Tina! @tinascar2015 or anyone :) How do you count the marinade? I've never used it as I wasn't sure.

That's impossible to count exactly. Some is thrown out. You could measure it when you marinate the chicken and measure what's left when you remove it from the bag. I let the raw marinated chicken sit on a plate while the grill is heating and a fair amount seeps out. The only marinade you can't measure is what goes in the drip pan, which also jncludes meat juices.

In other words, I budget for one or two tablespoons for a thigh

I wondered if that might be the situation, thank you for clarifying @tinascar2015 :)
  • tinab190
    Options
    I absolutely adore Penzey's Fox Pointe seasoning. We have a store locally, but you can also buy their spices online.

Love love love Penzey's. Good idea!
  • tinab190
    Options
    GingerSka wrote: »
    This is hands-down my favorite chicken thigh recipe. I serve it over cous cous:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-honey-brushed-chicken-thighs

This sounds so good I think I'm going to make this tomorrow!
  • tinab190
    Options
    Not sure how much effort you want to put in it, but I used this recipe in the crock pot the other day - http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/chicken-cacciatore-43-pts.html I used skinless, boneless thighs. It came out really well and was pretty simple. The only thing I might change is to not add the chicken broth. It's a little too liquidy when it's done in the slow cooker, might be different if you follow the original directions.
    Recipe link courtesy of @rabbitjb

Sounds tasty!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

OH! I so need to invest in a cast iron skillet or any type I can put in the oven... what are you all using in regards to a oven proof pan when you have to finish it off in the oven?
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Marinate overnight in Liquid smoke. Add a little garlic salt and they are incredible!
  • tinab190
    Options
    sm4astan wrote: »
    ryry62685 wrote: »
    Recipe: Chicken Thighs
    Step 1: Chest (35 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 2: Back (25 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 3: Upper Shoulders (20 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 4: Lower Body (10 Minutes walking on 10% decline)
    Step 5: Lower Shoulders (20 Sets Pump and Burn)
    Step 6: Arms and Abs (100 Sets Pump and Burn)

This recipe will result in a nice set of chicken thighs

LOL :)

Ditto. Lol....
  • SkinnyAdele2
    SkinnyAdele2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is effort, but seriously YUM. Adapted from Momofuku recipe. Take 1T sugar and add 1T mirin and 1 T sake, bring to a simmer until sugar melts. Take 1/4 cup miso paste (any kind but real miso, not the dried packets), put in bowl, with shakes of siracha, hot chili paste, and Asian sesame oil, each to taste. Mix with the HOT sugar water until smooth. When cooled, add in your chicken thighs, and marinate in the fridge from 1/2-3 days (I'm serious! It'll still smell great-- I think the miso keeps it fresh). Then BBQ or grill or broil. Unbelievable.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Chicken with Rice in one pot

Ingredients

1 pound of chicken thighs boneless/skinless
    1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
    1 medium onion
    3 carrots
    2 cloves of garlic
    1 1/2 cups of rice (I used organic basmati)
    salt
    pepper
    2 cups of water

Directions:

1. Cut 1 pound of chicken thighs into smaller pieces.

2. In a medium sized pot or shallow pan heat 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.

3. Place chicken thigh pieces into the heating oil. Add in a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 7 minutes.

4. Chop 1 medium sized onion and add to the chicken. Sauté for another 3 minutes.

5. Chop or grate 3 medium carrots, add to the onion. Turn the heat to the lowest.

6. Peel 2 cloves of garlic, add the whole 2 cloves to the chicken. (you can take the garlic out after cooking, if you don’t like to eat it)

7. Add 2 cups of water.

8. Taste the water! This is where you want to make sure you have enough seasoning. I added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Add to your own taste.

9. Wash 1 1/2 cups of rice. Using a strainer was the rice until water pours clear.

10. Add the rice to the chicken, don’t need to stir.

11. Cover the pot and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Give it a gentle stir and simmer for another 10 minutes. There should be no water left when done.

http://imagecooking.com/2014/10/30/chicken-rice-one-pot/
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

OH! I so need to invest in a cast iron skillet or any type I can put in the oven... what are you all using in regards to a oven proof pan when you have to finish it off in the oven?

? anyone? ;)