Difficulty reaching calorie goal

Options

Replies

• SabrinaLiveFit
    SabrinaLiveFit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I mean that 2600 will feel like a TON of food...but if that is your goal you are just gonna have to stuff it in. I did look back into your diary and, yea, I think its just small portion size on lean protein/carbs keeping you back.

Ok. So I will try to get bigger portions of carbs and protein in. Thank you for that.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    TR0berts, I remember having to go by 1g per lb BW, I am just afraid that if I move away from what the program calls, I will not be doing it right and feeding myself properly. Like I mentioned above, so far so good, except for meeting calories.

And what program might you be following?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethins-12-week-muscle-building-trainer.html
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    increase portion sizes. eat fattier cuts of meat, etc. eat some pasta. nut butters.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Dietary fat contains the most calories per gram. So eat more dietary fat.

The bonus (if you are eating below the minimum recommended amount of dietary fat) will be increased hormonal health and sex drive.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    increase portion sizes. eat fattier cuts of meat, etc. eat some pasta. nut butters.

Sounds good. Thank you.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    carbs and protein with a little fat sounds like breaded Chicken Cutlets to me .. eat more chicken cutlets. With tomato sauce. skip the cheese if you;re already hitting your fat macro.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

Sounds good. Thank you.

you might have to eat more "meals" as well. When I did my bulk, I had to eat like 8 times per day spread out...I tend to be a volume eater and it was still an issue for me.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »

The bonus (if you are eating below the minimum recommended amount of dietary fat) will be increased hormonal health and sex drive.

All righty I'll look into that.

Psh, too tired at the end of the day for sex. Ain't got no time for dat hahaha.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options

Sounds good. Thank you.

you might have to eat more "meals" as well. When I did my bulk, I had to eat like 8 times per day spread out...I tend to be a volume eater and it was still an issue for me.

Ooo perfect. Could you tell me what kind of meals you ate, just to give me an example? I realize my "snacks" are hardly meals.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    carbs and protein with a little fat sounds like breaded Chicken Cutlets to me .. eat more chicken cutlets. With tomato sauce. skip the cheese if you;re already hitting your fat macro.

Okay. Will keep that in mind. Thank you.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    eat a shitload of eggs and peanut butter

ez

Lol... I will remember that for breakfast. Thanks.

not just for breakfast yo

lunch, dinner, pre/post workout, when the *kitten* ever
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options

ez

That is seriously boring hehe.
  • joe3052
    joe3052 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-i spread peanut butter on whole grain toast or whole grain waffles, you can also have eggs or egg whites, maybe some cereals with low fat or almond milk.
    lunch/dinner-a lot of meat, chicken breast and lean beef, or fish is always good. snacks i always throw in some greek yogurt, beef jerky, healthier popcorn (for carbs and fiber). That's just to name a few. I heard Sriracha is good for your metabolism so that's also a good topping to have.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options

ez

That is seriously boring hehe.

it's all about the gainz
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I mean that 2600 will feel like a TON of food...but if that is your goal you are just gonna have to stuff it in. I did look back into your diary and, yea, I think its just small portion size on lean protein/carbs keeping you back.

I struggle to ONLY consume 2200 on a cut/ and find it easy to hit 3300-3500 when bulking. Just have to tweak the macros a bit. I'm guessing your fats are really low? If that's the case, use that as a minimum, not a max. You can get extra fat if you're getting in from your protein sources (leaner red meats)/chicken, etc. It won't hurt. Try cereal (like 2-3 servings), with skim milk for carbs and some protein. Add in a scoop of protein powder with a shake plus some added chicken with lunch/dinner and you're right there. 2600 shouldn't be that hard. What are your fat grams set to? Just curious.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options
    joe3052 wrote: »
    Breakfast-i spread peanut butter on whole grain toast or whole grain waffles, you can also have eggs or egg whites, maybe some cereals with low fat or almond milk.
    lunch/dinner-a lot of meat, chicken breast and lean beef, or fish is always good. snacks i always throw in some greek yogurt, beef jerky, healthier popcorn (for carbs and fiber). That's just to name a few. I heard Sriracha is good for your metabolism so that's also a good topping to have.

Those are good examples. Thank you so much.
  • sixxpoint
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »

All righty I'll look into that.

Psh, too tired at the end of the day for sex. Ain't got no time for dat hahaha.

You would not be a good girlfriend!! Haha... think of it as your only form of cardio so you can focus on weights in the gym.
  • SabrinaLiveFit
    Options

I struggle to ONLY consume 2200 on a cut/ and find it easy to hit 3300-3500 when bulking. Just have to tweak the macros a bit. I'm guessing your fats are really low? If that's the case, use that as a minimum, not a max. You can get extra fat if you're getting in from your protein sources (leaner red meats)/chicken, etc. It won't hurt. Try cereal (like 2-3 servings), with skim milk for carbs and some protein. Add in a scoop of protein powder with a shake plus some added chicken with lunch/dinner and you're right there. 2600 shouldn't be that hard. What are your fat grams set to? Just curious.

I never thought of having cereal.... thanks for the suggestion. My fat is set to 58g.
  • sixxpoint
    edited May 2015
    Options

I never thought of having cereal.... thanks for the suggestion. My fat is set to 58g.

You should be eating more fat for overall health, but especially if you wish to gain mass.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I see mostly lean meats and low fat dairy. Switch to less-lean meat and full-fat dairy and presto: higher cals. This, of course, depends on how keen you are to keep fat low. Also, snack on nuts: almonds, cashews, trail mix. That stuff is dense. Also, peanut butter on *everything*. (ok, maybe not everything. most things.)