turkey burgers!!

We ALL love the feeling of a cheat meal, yes? I personally love the feeling of an awesome burger! SO with that being said I have made my own TURKEY BURGER recipe that you and your family will LOVE!

visit my blog for the recipe!!

:)

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    A turkey burger is now a "cheat meal"??

Dear God what is this world coming to?
  • Daveysgirl2014
    Daveysgirl2014 Posts: 41 Member
    lol I think she meant "the feeling of a cheat meal" without actually cheating.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Turkey burger is a weekly staple for me. Had one the other day with a "fried" egg and portabella mushrooms, spinach and feta with a One Bun (ozery bakery) and it was definitely no cheat night. I get a little more creative with my cheat meals. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I make my burgers with 93% ground beef...most ground turkey is the same...I'll stick with ground beef and will not feel like I"m cheating anything...because I'm not.
  • justinemcd21
    justinemcd21 Posts: 10 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »

not a cheat meal!
  • Daveysgirl2014
    Daveysgirl2014 Posts: 41 Member
    I have tried the turkey burgers before but found them to be dry.
  • Beast4242
    Beast4242 Posts: 83 Member
    My wife makes a zucchini turkey burger (I think it is a Jamie Easton Italian Burger). It is not exactly like a real burger but those things are freaking amazing. Seriously the best.
  • cwolfman13
    I have tried the turkey burgers before but found them to be dry.

when i was a kid my dad had a really good friend that was a turkey farmer...for a few years there, everything we ate was turkey. i will not touch turkey save for an actual turkey that has been roasted at Thanksgiving.
  • juggernaut1974
    ceoverturf wrote: »

not a cheat meal!

Then I guess I don't understand the OP.

And why can't you just post the recipe if it's so fab? Why re-direct to a blog (where you're surely not trying to sell anything or up page hits).
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    edited May 2015
    For some reason I cannot stand ground turkey. I'm not a picky eater at all but I just can't. Lucky for me that 4 ounces of raw ground beef has only 70 calories more than 4 ounces of raw ground turkey and only one additional gram of saturated fat so there's really very little difference. When I have the room, I'll just go with an awesome old school real burger and no guilt on the side.

ETA -I do like me a turkey sammich though.
  • justinemcd21
    its intended for people just starting off and needing help with meal ideas. If you dont like that its a turkey burger recipe or the fact it is in my blog, please refrain from saying negative comments as it is there to motivate people to make healthier dinners and try something new!
  • cwolfman13
    its intended for people just starting off and needing help with meal ideas. If you dont like that its a turkey burger recipe or the fact it is in my blog, please refrain from saying negative comments as it is there to motivate people to make healthier dinners and try something new!

"healthier' than what? How is a 93% turkey burger any healthier than 93% ground beef?
  • juggernaut1974
    So post the recipe fortheloveofallthingsholy
  • justinemcd21
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

"healthier' than what? How is a 93% turkey burger any healthier than 93% ground beef?

Lol I never trashed ground beef. Relax
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Lol I never trashed ground beef. Relax

A lot of noobs think they have to make all kinds of substitutions for things they like for things they don't like or don't like as much just to be healthy...turkey tends to be one of those things...cauliflower is another. I just don't want some naive noob coming along thinking turkey is by default "healthier" than some other choice.

Also, "healthier" requires context...that's all I'm sayin'
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I love bunless turkey burgers with jalapeños and cheese. I might make them tomorrow with garlic butter stuffed portebello mushrooms.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    I don't understand this thread anymore.
  • nickycat73
    nickycat73 Posts: 61 Member
    she was just sharing….for crisps sake get off her *kitten*
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    ^Wow.

On another note, OP you might want to post the link to your blog so people can actually get to the recipe easier. For those who like ground turkey it sounds like it would be pretty good.
  • juggernaut1974
    nickycat73 wrote: »
    she was just sharing….for crisps sake get off her *kitten*

No...she still hasn't actually shared the recipe.