What else can I reward myself with?

Options

Replies

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, a movie, a book, some sort of sexual activity, bits of string, whatever floats your boat.

Bits of string?
    hmmm
  • sazziek
    sazziek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A mani / pedi ? New clothes once you hit your small goals? I try to do this once in a while and it helps!
  • amandawknight
    amandawknight Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has provided constructive feed back about some things to replace food. :) It's a hard habit to break as food has always been the go to for celebration, stress, etc., but I'm working on it! For those of you who don't ever need to reward yourself because being healthy is all it takes, and you never want or have anything to celebrate in your life, well, let's just say we're different and more power to ya!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hot sex
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... reward for what?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    When you're stressed, cuddle your pet or a loved one, watch animals on YouTube, read, draw, build train sets. :)

When something good has happened, enjoy the happy hormones.

Good luck.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Instead of food rewards, I do a lot of self-care stuff.

A nice bath, homemade salt scrub, keeping my nails done, stuff like that. For a while, I was rewarding myself with nail polish because it is cheap, cheerful and calorie-free...so now I have a pretty big collection. I've also started to get into makeup, which I really never used when I was younger.

I reward myself with music too...much of that goes on my exercise playlists. It helps to keep me motivated.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the goal should be reward enough
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The progress is reward enough for me. Getting fitter, changes in your body, getting faster , stronger fitter are all a delight. Things that money cant buy really.
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Here is how I am laying out my goals:
    5 lbs lost-Mani/Pedi
    10 lbs lost-Professional massage or other spa service
    20 lbs lost-New dress from one of my favorite websites.

If you don't want to reward yourself with food, spoil yourself in other ways.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The number falling on the scale is reward enough for me! Along with being healthier and living longer sounds like a pretty damn good reward.

Why does everyone feel the need to reward themselves in weight loss?!
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    ^^ you obviously don't get the struggle not to have food in certain moments...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    the goal should be reward enough

It is, but there is nothing wrong with doing something nice for yourself which does not involve food.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    Laying on the couch with a heating pad on my back (I work at a computer all day) with my tea, ebook and headphones in, while watching my hubby clean the kitchen. Works every time!
    A hubby that cleans the kitchen? Wow what's that like?

• msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    ^^ you obviously don't get the struggle not to have food in certain moments...
    I'm saying why do people feel the need to reward themselves for doing something they should have been doing all along? We are all in this struggle to lose weight because we were bad to ourselves and let ourselves live an unhealthy lifestyle and become overweight. I think it is an unhealthy mind set to think "I ate healthy today and exercised, I deserve something in return". It should just be part of your life.

Do you reward yourself for showering in the morning or brushing your teeth? No, it's just a part of taking care of yourself. Just like healthy eating and exercise should be.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    For me, the ultimate reward is new socks. I just love them... weird, I know. But... you gotta know what little things you love and socks that have never been washed, I just love them. Other good things: use great smelling lotion only when you "need" a reward, nail polish, flowers, burn a great smelling candle, also... I don't drink soda hardly ever... so a BIG reward for me is a diet rootbeer! Or diet gingerale!!!!
    @ajfuelling Only just now saw your post! It's not weird, not to me, I totally get it! :)
    Instead of food rewards, I do a lot of self-care stuff.

A nice bath, homemade salt scrub, keeping my nails done, stuff like that. For a while, I was rewarding myself with nail polish because it is cheap, cheerful and calorie-free...so now I have a pretty big collection. I've also started to get into makeup, which I really never used when I was younger.

I reward myself with music too...much of that goes on my exercise playlists. It helps to keep me motivated.
    89nunu wrote: »
    massage
    new workout clothes
    trip to the sauna
    new shoes

nail polish
    cool colorful socks
    new sheets
    new fun hair accessories
    oh the list is endless! :)

I sometimes think of it as perks to make me feel more beautiful on those days that are harder than others... I don't think there's anything at all wrong with little rewards for goals met. If you're studying in school and meet a goal ppl go out and celebrate and buy something fun..... nothing at all wrong with treating yourself. Often times you don't even need to spend money... go to a cool park and swing or browse antique stores if that's your thing... the sky is the limit!

I do agree food is not healthy for rewards for most of us here it's not a good idea.

Losing or gaining (depending on your goals here) or adding more muscle is a great reward all on it's own, yes, but who says you can't go buy some cute and colorful workout gear to make it all even more enjoyable. <3

Do what makes YOU feel good... :smiley:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    The progress is reward enough for me. Getting fitter, changes in your body, getting faster , stronger fitter are all a delight. Things that money cant buy really.

<3 This is true as well... but I will still buy cool socks! :p
  • Hearts_2015
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    Laying on the couch with a heating pad on my back (I work at a computer all day) with my tea, ebook and headphones in, while watching my hubby clean the kitchen. Works every time!
    A hubby that cleans the kitchen? Wow what's that like?
    @debsdoingthis
    hee hee hee I did actually LOL when I read your post...thanks for the laugh :)