Someone asked my husband...pregnant

Options
Today, someone asked my husband if I was pregnant. My baby is almost 9 month old. He played it off, and said "I hope not" :( That right there is motivation to lose the weight.

Replies

• DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    awwww, that hurts. I had a co-worker ask me that once when I first really started putting the weight on, I remember it like it was yesterday. Its really embarassing too.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    People are so RUDE! I think you should use this as motivation to get this done you can do it! Everytime you work out just think about how you are sticking it to the rude people! I can not stand people like that they make me very angry! So sorry you had to deal with it. I have had someone touch my belly and ask that in the past - very rude! But use it as fuel to light the fire to work hard and get results we are here for you!!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder how some dare even ask if someone is pregnant when they are not sure! ^^^RUDE is exactly the word!
  • jhoffman27
    jhoffman27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had that happen to me too at Home Depot, the guy helping me load up my car asked how far along I was and I just went with it, it would be too embarrassing to say I wasn't.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I swear sometimes they do it a purpose. Look on the bright side, it's motivated the hell out of you!!!:devil:
  • cheysercan
    cheysercan Posts: 7
    Options
    That happened to me not to long ago! Some people are so rude!
  • cappi_18
    cappi_18 Posts: 9
    Options
    I too think its extremely rude.. ppl should just not ask that question...! my son has mentioned that Im having a baby, which Im not lol so that was part of my motivation to get this weight off. And I hate when ppl stare at your stomach but dont say anything, very uncomfortable. So here's to not being uncomfortable anymore!!!
  • lizbestus
    lizbestus Posts: 18
    Options
    That definitely hits hard=( I have had that happen to me on several occasions and it almost always catches me off guard
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The real question is why was your husband dumb enough to TELL you? If it were me I wouldn't have said a damn thing.
  • t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    once when I was on vacation about 5 years ago, a waiter asked me when I was due, and wouldn't drop it when I told him that I wasn't... He actually asked if I was sure!! I was mortified... And had actually lost about 10 pounds for that trip, so wasn't even at my heaviest!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    After already losing 20 lbs, a woman asked me if I had a baby "in there". I said no and she asked if I was sure. I wanted so badly to punch her. Apparently some other co-workers had situations where she was rude so I guess it's just her nature but boy did that irk me! After getting halfway and someone still had the nerve to ask. YOU NEVER ASK!!
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I get that sometimes. The first place I gain and the last place I lose is in the gut. I worked in a grocery store as a cashier and a customer asked me when I was due. I asked her due for what, an oil change? She got the hint lol.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I had that happen too. It was a few years back. Still ....

Granted, I did look about 8 months. Hubby was in the hospital, I was visiting and the nurse asked me when I was due. I told her about two weeks from never. She could not stop apologizing. I never assume that someone is pregnant and I don't ask.
  • rileydi
    rileydi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me that last week in the grocery store...No lie, I looked her straight in the face and said "No, i'm just fat, but thanks!" and then I walked away!

You should have seen her jaw drop! Hopefully she learned her lesson!
  • apeydawn
    apeydawn Posts: 52
    Options
    when i would go to towns where no one knew me i'd throw my hands on my hips like i was pregnant. it's sad but true!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me that last week in the grocery store...No lie, I looked her straight in the face and said "No, i'm just fat, but thanks!" and then I walked away!

You should have seen her jaw drop! Hopefully she learned her lesson!

LOL! I think honesty is the best policy! That would certainly make me think twice.

My dad who is an OBGYN never asks. And he should KNOW when a woman is expecting... he said the last time he asked was when a woman was on the elevator - OBVIOUSLY pregnant, so he asked when the baby was due and she replied "I had him 2 weeks ago" Oops! So, yes, sorry it happened to you, but brush it off, don't look back and take control of your future now!

Best of luck to you!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Oh no!
    For a giggle... when I was pregnant and someone would ask when I was due, I'd give them a dumbfounded look and walk away mumbling or straight out say I wasn't PG :) That was interesting towards the end! haha
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have the opposite problem with my Mum-in-law. Every time I see her, she says I look like I've lost weight (which comes from a good intention, I guess). I've weighed roughly the same since the day I first met her, so I have to wonder just how fat she pictures me when I'm not around.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I believe the comment I always remember on this topic is, "Never ask a woman if she is expecting unless you see a baby coming out of her." :happy:
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    I really, really can't believe the outright rudeness of people??? I won't even ask, even if it is completely obvious, if someone is pregnant. Unless they say it, I won't ask...just in case. I know I still looked pg weeks after my babies were born! Plus, it is just bad manners!! Use it as a motivator, and don't let it get you down!