Artic Zero Ice Cream

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    therocpile wrote: »
    Vanilla Maple, Cookie Shake & Salted Caramel are really good. All the other flavors are awful. Got to let it melt and get soft before you eat it. Throw some fat-free whip cream and some Walden Farm chocolate syrup on there, so good!

No one should have to work that hard to enjoy dessert. Here are the steps I would recommend:

1.Buy Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    2.Prelog a serving into your cals for the day
    3.When ready, remove from freezer, weigh said serving using a food scale
    4.Enjoy
    5.Never mention Arctic Zero or Walden Farms again unless it is to curse their creators.

• WinoGelato
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.

eh….are you really going to eat fake ice cream and fake noodles for life????

Would you make the same argument to someone drinking NA beer?

That is a terrible analogy. I mean, not even close to the same thing.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Talenti Sicilian Pistachio is also delish!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Cardboard lies!! Save calories for real ice cream..like Talenti! ;)

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel. If it had double the calories it would still be worth it!

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel is a religious experience.

• PeachyCarol
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel. If it had double the calories it would still be worth it!

That was my go-to tonight!

I had 2 servings of the Toasted Almond and do not regret one delicious bite.

I love the Toasted Almond. Subtle, but that swirl is da bomb. AND I CAN'T FIND IT ANY MORE AND I'M ALL OUT!

The struggle is real.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Vanilla Maple, Cookie Shake & Salted Caramel are really good. All the other flavors are awful. Got to let it melt and get soft before you eat it. Throw some fat-free whip cream and some Walden Farm chocolate syrup on there, so good!

By that time you already have eaten the same amount of calories than a serving of good ice cream or gelato.

Quality over quantity for me, thanks.
    Hey hey look at you with the profile picture, first time I see it. Awesome!!!

It would have been a pic of Talenti but I ran out :(
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

No one should have to work that hard to enjoy dessert. Here are the steps I would recommend:

1.Buy Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    2.Prelog a serving into your cals for the day
    3.When ready, remove from freezer, weigh said serving using a food scale
    4.Enjoy
    5.Never mention Arctic Zero or Walden Farms again unless it is to curse their creators.

Words of wisdon right dere
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    kbkat7 wrote: »
    I guess I'm a weirdo but I like the stuff haha

I like it too!! I have it 2-3x/week. Good stuff!

• JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I tried it. The cookie shake was decent. I didn't mind it at all. Flavor is a little bland but not to bad. Only issue I have now is that all the stores that carry them have crappy basic flavors!
  • JaimusWilliams
    Options
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.

Hahahaha I actually enjoy them. I rarely ever eat pasta anymore. Once in a great while. Can't really say I miss it. I will still eat normal ice cream on occasions. But this will be good when it's hot out and I need something cold! My son even enjoyed the Cookie Shake one!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I love the Toasted Almond. Subtle, but that swirl is da bomb. AND I CAN'T FIND IT ANY MORE AND I'M ALL OUT!

The struggle is real.

My Shop Rite has it :p
  • PeachyCarol
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

The struggle is real.

My Shop Rite has it :p

JEALOUS! I'm going hunting at Target this weekend.

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Because you assume everyone who doesn't eat "real" ice cream is doing it by choice, and not medical necessity. That's on you, not the analogy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Talenti Sicilian Pistachio is also delish!

I didn't like this one. Just tasted really sweet and not like pistachio to me.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Because you assume everyone who doesn't eat "real" ice cream is doing it by choice, and not medical necessity. That's on you, not the analogy.

What medical condition prohibits you from eating real pasta AND real ice cream? And the person who said they eat shiritaki noodles and arctic zero ice cream has this medical condition? They aren't just choosing low calorie substitutes to aid in weight loss?

I assume the medical necessity you are referring to with the NA beer is alcoholism? I still fail to see a solid connection.

I actually don't take issue with making dietary changes that take some getting used to. Diet soda is probably a good example, I started drinking it 20 years ago and I don't remember if I liked it straight away but I imagine it's a bit of an acquired taste for a lot of people. Now however I can't imagine drinking regular soda because it tastes awful to me. That, I think, is a comparable analogy to what NDJ was asking. Not NA beer which is usually a substitute for those with alcohol dependencies or who can't drink for other reasons. I drank O'Douls when I was pregnant and definitely wasn't something I was planning on keeping up forever.

• schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I tried chocolate and it was gross...yes, shaved ice indeed. Something that has lowerish calories per serving is the Mars candy ice creams... Twix, M&Ms, Snickers & Milky Way. Those are really good but I have a difficult time putting the container down.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

What medical condition prohibits you from eating real pasta AND real ice cream? And the person who said they eat shiritaki noodles and arctic zero ice cream has this medical condition? They aren't just choosing low calorie substitutes to aid in weight loss?

I assume the medical necessity you are referring to with the NA beer is alcoholism? I still fail to see a solid connection.

I actually don't take issue with making dietary changes that take some getting used to. Diet soda is probably a good example, I started drinking it 20 years ago and I don't remember if I liked it straight away but I imagine it's a bit of an acquired taste for a lot of people. Now however I can't imagine drinking regular soda because it tastes awful to me. That, I think, is a comparable analogy to what NDJ was asking. Not NA beer which is usually a substitute for those with alcohol dependencies or who can't drink for other reasons. I drank O'Douls when I was pregnant and definitely wasn't something I was planning on keeping up forever.

Diabetes, other assorted allergy and autoimmune issues treated with LC, someone who has multiple issues, such as Celiac + lactose intolerance. That's the market these products cater to, so, yes, it's very short sighted to assume people are just randomly grabbing them for low calories when there are plenty of more "normal" options to try first.
  • JaimusWilliams
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I like it. I had the salted caramel this week and will buy it again. I let it sit out for about 20 minutes while I am doing something else, measure it out and then have a nice, cold snack to finish off my day.

It fits my macros that I can get a sweet cold snack that has lots of protein.

I am intrigued by the chunky version. I have not seen it around here, but will definitely be on the lookout for it.

I haven't even seen the Salted Caramel. Just Peanut Butter Cup, Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, and Cookie Shake. I don't want to try the basic flavors like choc/straw/vanilla. I have a feeling they would be exceptionally plain. I haven't seen the chunky versions either. I really want to try the Mint Chocolate kind