Artic Zero Ice Cream

Options

Replies

• johnbatkinson
    johnbatkinson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Artic Zero is almost like eating something that is almost like something that is almost like ice cream. I almost like the peanut butter chocolate. and the almost vanilla-maple.
  • scratchdesk
    scratchdesk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Get these, you won't regret it: http://www.yasso.com/products/mint-chocolate-chip-stick-bars/ (all the flavors I've tried were great!)

And WalMart carries them.

• asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No taste at all. I tried the cookie dough flavor, and ended up just picking out all the cookie dough pieces and throwing the rest away. Haha!

• JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.

Eww fishy noodles and faux ice cream? I pass... I pass a thousand times.

Yeah I agree the smell is horrible when opening the bag. Once you prepare them and simmer them they come out quite good. Add canned tomatoes (no salt added), low sodium chicken broth (or water and no sodium chicken stock.) Some spinach, 1/4 cup of white wine. Let it simmer for an hour (season it up however) then add a few servings of laughing cow cheese. Serve with chicken or whatever. It tastes quite delightful! Asians use it in PHO which is awesome also. They are much better when simmered in a soup like structure than served as a pasta itself. I've had it with regular pasta sauce etc, it just doesn't taste right. They could be horrible or good.
  • JaimusWilliams
    JaimusWilliams Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice/input. Much appreciated! Will definitely have to give it a go. It does sound like a great base for a smoothie or something.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I tried it. Its only good when you want ice cream, are a volume eater, and only have very few calories left. Personally, I prefer to just wait for when I have 500 or so calories left for a good portion of frozen yogurt. I'm not that big on ice-cream. Prefer ice-cream w/ other things like brownies, cookies, crepes, shaved ice, pie, etc.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Tried it ONCE...took one bite and threw the container away. NASTY!
  • kbkat7
    kbkat7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a weirdo but I like the stuff haha
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Awful. Bought it once-never again.
  • hearts77
    hearts77 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You know how when you drink all the syrup out of a snow cone you're left with a pile of shaved ice that has, like, a ghost of its original flavor left? That's what this stuff tastes like. Not even similar to ice cream. :neutral:
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    It depends on how used you are to eating sugar normally. If you regularly have things like ice cream or donuts or whatever, it will taste bland. If you are someone who does not (or cannot) have sugar whenever they feel like it, it's as sweet as anything else designed for people with a less-sweet palate. Same way that vegetables don't taste sweet to people who eat fruit all day, but do taste sweet to people who eat less sugar.
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Maple, Cookie Shake & Salted Caramel are really good. All the other flavors are awful. Got to let it melt and get soft before you eat it. Throw some fat-free whip cream and some Walden Farm chocolate syrup on there, so good!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    does it come with a side of tears…?

it is not ice cream ….

• ndj1979
    Options
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.

eh….are you really going to eat fake ice cream and fake noodles for life????
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Would you make the same argument to someone drinking NA beer?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Would you make the same argument to someone drinking NA beer?

I am not making an argument, I am asking a question.

If they were drinking something that they hated the taste of "just because" then yes, i probably would ask the same question.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    To me, the issue isn't sugar. I taste the sweetness in veggies and raw almonds just fine. That's a straw man argument.

This is about texture and body. Arctic Zero is missing FAT. When I eat ice cream or gelato, I want the body that fat gives it.

I'd rather have a half serving of Talenti for 100 calories than a tub of sadness with no body to it.
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    the vanilla maple flavour is not so bad once you let it get a bit soft and add cookies or fruit or syrups to it. or use it in smoothies/frappes. and i like the chocolate chip flavour. the other flavours, like chocolate pb is so gross and like shaved flavourless ice... and the cookies & cream flavour and salted caramel flavour gave me bad stomach pains and had to make multiple trips to the bathroom, lol.