Artic Zero Ice Cream

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.

eh….are you really going to eat fake ice cream and fake noodles for life????

I asked this... apparently good enough works. *shrug* Me I don't eat food that I have to "get used to".
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Makes sense, most things that look to good to be true are. I may need to try it though. Hopefully I can make it an acquired taste like I did with the Shirataki noodles hahahah.

eh….are you really going to eat fake ice cream and fake noodles for life????

I asked this... apparently good enough works. *shrug* Me I don't eat food that I have to "get used to".

for realz…I just eat what I like within my calorie allotment..makes life easier...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I tried another brand, but basically the same thing. After tasting it, I actually felt ashamed for buying it because I had read how horrible it was on here but the low calorie count just got me. Horrible. I think it's buried in my freezer somewhere still.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    To me, the issue isn't sugar. I taste the sweetness in veggies and raw almonds just fine. That's a straw man argument.

This is about texture and body. Arctic Zero is missing FAT. When I eat ice cream or gelato, I want the body that fat gives it.

I'd rather have a half serving of Talenti for 100 calories than a tub of sadness with no body to it.

This.
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    There was a lawsuit regarding the calorie count posted on the cartons. Apparently there are 68% MORE calories in the product that is listed on the carton. You might want to look into it...not sure what the outcome was though...

http://www.law360.com/articles/372279/arctic-zero-hit-with-false-ad-suit-over-calorie-count
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    dia_nruf wrote: »
    I purchased raspberries flavor and it was horrible!

i dont think they sell a raspberry flavor
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    There was a lawsuit regarding the calorie count posted on the cartons. Apparently there are 68% MORE calories in the product that is listed on the carton. You might want to look into it...not sure what the outcome was though...

http://www.law360.com/articles/372279/arctic-zero-hit-with-false-ad-suit-over-calorie-count

There have apparently been a couple. Wheels of justice turn slowly, I guess.

http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/2477-second-arctic-zero-class-action-lawsuit-filed-over-calorie-count/
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like the cookies and cream.. I microwave it for a bit first (makes it creamier) and add a little chocolate syrup and I really like it...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    therocpile wrote: »
    Vanilla Maple, Cookie Shake & Salted Caramel are really good. All the other flavors are awful. Got to let it melt and get soft before you eat it. Throw some fat-free whip cream and some Walden Farm chocolate syrup on there, so good!

By that time you already have eaten the same amount of calories than a serving of good ice cream or gelato.

Quality over quantity for me, thanks.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Cardboard lies!! Save calories for real ice cream..like Talenti! ;)

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel. If it had double the calories it would still be worth it!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel. If it had double the calories it would still be worth it!

<3
  • ndj1979
    edited May 2015
    Options

*like*
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I like the cookies and cream.. I microwave it for a bit first (makes it creamier) and add a little chocolate syrup and I really like it...

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Personally, I hate it. It tastes like sweet, slimy, unflavored italian ice. I'd much rather have a 220 cal, 58 gram serving of blackberry crumble ice cream than an entire pint of Arctic Zero. But not everyone's tastes are the same. Buy a pint and see if you hate it. Maybe you won't. Maybe you will. At least you tried.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If you like some ice cream with ur toppings and sauce its ok
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

That was my go-to tonight!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

That was my go-to tonight!

I had 2 servings of the Toasted Almond and do not regret one delicious bite.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice/input. Much appreciated! Will definitely have to give it a go. It does sound like a great base for a smoothie or something.

Based on the resounding "it's terrible, don't bother, just eat the real thing", you're really going to give it a go?