Hate photos of yourself? There's a good reason for that...

Options
13»

Replies

• llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This is an interesting thread...

I just generally dislike my image regardless of where I see it. Many parts of my body are noticebly asymmetrical [some have asked me about it] and masculine, so I don't care for seeing pictures/images of myself overweight or otherwise. At this age, I've come to terms with my lacking qualities for the most part, though.

I notice when some do a "double take" kind of look when looking my way. It doesn't bother me as much now, but it just reminds me that the shoes I'm walking in are a lot different than the average woman.

• alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If anyone expects me to post a pic of myself, they're out of luck. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't one in existence from less than 15 years ago. And that's the way it's going to stay.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am not photogenic at all. I'm the one behind the camera as well. A couple years ago a supposed friend was taking pictures at a party I attended. I was in several of them without my knowledge. She posted all the pics on her facebook and when I politely asked her to take down the ones I was in, she promptly unfriended me so quote: "I wouldn't have to see them".
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    e_j_wilson wrote: »
    e_j_wilson wrote: »
    snikkins wrote: »
    I remember reading this somewhere a long time ago so I could just be making it up at this point, but...

Re: the facial symmetry thing - apparently, making his face asymmetrical was one of the things they did to Wormtongue in the LotR movies to make him so off-putting and creepy.
    I read that they deliberately made it asymmetrical playing off a mole the actor naturally has. They made his eyes different shades of blue and thickened one eyelid. For me the creep-factor was the veins they airbrush painted on his face and the lack of eyebrows. But symmetrical faces do look weird.

But then I also read the actor doesn't have a mole so?

:lol: haha yes! Like I said, I could definitely remembered incorrectly!