Cabbage soup diet

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    is anyone doing this I started yesterday.

Hw long are you planning on doing it for?

Just for one week doing it for cleansing more than anythin(

How does the soup diet cleanse you exactly? What does it do that your liver and kidneys don't do?
    Some people say 'cleanse', others say 'poop'.
    Potayto, potahto.
    (Actually, potatoes would be good in a cabbage soup...)
  • kamber13
    kamber13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what this diet is but I make all types of low calorie soups (under a 100 calorie per serving) and often add cabbage for roughage. I suppose it could be seen as a healthier version of this 80's fad because it addresses nutrients needed and isn't the same soup for days on end...
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    WNYEj9G.gif
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

How does the soup diet cleanse you exactly? What does it do that your liver and kidneys don't do?

I'm guessing it makes them pee out their butt not unlike a colonoscopy bowel prep. That's all I got.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

It does a scrub a dub dub on your insides so you have to do a scrub a dub dub on your outsides....

bath-soap-scrubber-23973477.jpg

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Some people say 'cleanse', others say 'poop'.
    Potayto, potahto.
    (Actually, potatoes would be good in a cabbage soup...)

So she wants to do the cabaret soup diet so she can poop?

There's a cabaret soup diet too? Well that sounds a lot more fun

tumblr_mpbl8kLsxR1qhdvf5o4_500.gif
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

What exactly are you trying to cleanse?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've made it before, but only because it's tasty and healthy.
    It didn't cleanse me of my demons :tongue: , nor did it make me run to the loo...
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    sounds depressing
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I for one AM a creature of habit --- 5 days a week. I love the cabbage soup I make, It's only 77 calories per cup, depending on what you add to it. It's healthy, high in protein and other vitamins, low in fat and tasty. The old recipe they used to have from what I read is just blah. 5 days a week, I have, (depending on how many houses I clean in a day), a protein shake for breakfast and lunch -- not premade, cheese sticks for snack if needed, and for supper I have 4-8 ounces of lean protein and my soup. As long as it falls under my calorie goal I can usually have up to 4 cups of the soup, but usually stop at 3 because I'm full. I usually eat what I want on the weekends, this is working for me, but may not work for someone else.

Is it sustainable? Am I going to eat like this for the rest of my life? No, no I'm not. Are YOU going to eat at a deficit for the rest of your life? No? I didn't think so. You do what you have to do to lose weight, preferably in a healthy manner and then you learn to maintain. You relearn how to incorporate your favorite foods into your lifestyle. Key word here is LEARN, bashing people and how they go about the learning process is not helpful and only serves to make you look like an *kitten*.

I already know how to eat healthy, been doing it for years. My metabolism has taken quite a beating and in the last several years no matter what I have done I could not lose any weight, I could put it on with no problem but just not lose it. Now all of a sudden in the past 4 months it's starting to shed off and I'll take it. If I have to eat the same thing everyday until I get to my goal weight I can manage that, not everyone can.

• Victoria5639
    Victoria5639 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Victoria5639
    Options

Sugar out of my system and a good bowel cleansing
  • Victoria5639
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I for one AM a creature of habit --- 5 days a week. I love the cabbage soup I make, It's only 77 calories per cup, depending on what you add to it. It's healthy, high in protein and other vitamins, low in fat and tasty. The old recipe they used to have from what I read is just blah. 5 days a week, I have, (depending on how many houses I clean in a day), a protein shake for breakfast and lunch -- not premade, cheese sticks for snack if needed, and for supper I have 4-8 ounces of lean protein and my soup. As long as it falls under my calorie goal I can usually have up to 4 cups of the soup, but usually stop at 3 because I'm full. I usually eat what I want on the weekends, this is working for me, but may not work for someone else.

Is it sustainable? Am I going to eat like this for the rest of my life? No, no I'm not. Are YOU going to eat at a deficit for the rest of your life? No? I didn't think so. You do what you have to do to lose weight, preferably in a healthy manner and then you learn to maintain. You relearn how to incorporate your favorite foods into your lifestyle. Key word here is LEARN, bashing people and how they go about the learning process is not helpful and only serves to make you look like an *kitten*.

I already know how to eat healthy, been doing it for years. My metabolism has taken quite a beating and in the last several years no matter what I have done I could not lose any weight, I could put it on with no problem but just not lose it. Now all of a sudden in the past 4 months it's starting to shed off and I'll take it. If I have to eat the same thing everyday until I get to my goal weight I can manage that, not everyone can.

Thank you. I do a lot better if I limited my carbs also

• Victoria5639
    Options
    I really appreciate everyone's commits. I know fad diets don't work. I have lost 115 lbs over the last two years. Just got in some bad eating habits and wanted to get bowels cleansed and get refine sugar out of my system so I could get back on track. Thank all of you for taking time to respond. I'm on day three. Believe me I will not be doing it for more than a week. I have to say the soup is better good. I used rotel tomatoes so it is spicy. I will make it again and freeze it for a quick low cal dinner
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

Sugar out of my system and a good bowel cleansing

What's wrong with sugar? You do realize this soup has sugar in it, right?

If you need to poop, eat some fiber.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Is it 1985?

Yeah, seriously! This is the diet that people were trying , getting discouraged by and giving up on 30 years ago.

DON'T DO IT. The soup is dreadful.
    The diet is too low in calories and nutrition.
    You begin to dread meals and crave what you can't have.
    You count the hours until you can go off the diet.
    You gain all the weight back and are put off dieting because you view it as torture.

But if you want to eat whatever you want in limited portions and stay in a calorie deficit, you will also enjoy the process of losing weight.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    OK, so you're only doing it for a week, because you don't trust your liver and kidneys to do their job and want the help them out.

What is your plan when the week is up?