I need friends here! tips, advice and encouragement, please!

Options
kimberly40
kimberly40 Posts: 15 Member
Hi there! I've used fitness pal off and on, but I've never connected with other users, other than my family. I need some influence from some committed people! I like to influence others, too. Wine is my biggest weakness, followed by chips and bread. The two together are practically fat sticking to my ribs as I enjoy! Help me get through weaning myself off of this deadly combo. I'm not saying I'm giving it up forever, but I'm aware of the changes I need to make and I need your help!! Thank you for tips, advice and encouragement.

Replies

• kacyhlowe
    kacyhlowe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! My killers are carbs and late night snacking!
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Add me if you like. I'm in Scotland and I've found since adding friends and having an open diary I am doing better because I think 'I don't want those friends seeing me eatin this, so I won't eat it!' :)
  • lissa11263
    lissa11263 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend Kimberly! I just started this again last week. Last time I committed to it I lost 20 lbs. but I have gained that back and probably more. I am a huge carb and sweets junkie. In the past, when I was younger, I did the Body for Life Challenge and it was very successful. I went from a size 12 to a 6 without much weight loss due to lean muscle mass. There are some very helpful things about this program even if you don't follow it to the tee. Particularly great is the emphasis on weights rather than cardio. Weight lifting burns calories all day! The most difficult part was definitely the food. You can eat a lot of good stuff but you have to eat probably 5-6 small meals per day. That is a ton of meal planning. Also you get one totally free day to drink your wine and eat your chips and bread! If I can get myself motivated I would like to start some weight training. Right now I have a wicked case of tennis elbow so upper body workouts would be limited. Anyway....I'm here to cheer you on. :smile:
  • kimberly40
    Options
    Thanks Lisa! Very encouraging. I have also had a roller coaster relationship with dieting and food, loss and gain.m, but not huge fluctuations. I know that my problem is in my own head. Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience! I look forward to sharing the journey with you!
  • kimberly40
    Options
    Osiris275 wrote: »
    Good luck! Add me if you like. I'm in Scotland and I've found since adding friends and having an open diary I am doing better because I think 'I don't want those friends seeing me eatin this, so I won't eat it!' :)

Thanks so much!! Nice to have a friend from Scotland!! I am thinking maybe adding friends will add an element I've been missing. Thank you so much! I look forward to coming out of my comfort zone and finding new friends!!! Thanks for adding me.
  • kimberly40
    Options
    kacyhlowe wrote: »
    I'm right there with ya! My killers are carbs and late night snacking!

We've got this!! Let's just post when we are having a hard time (along with the motivational times) keep it real! Thanks for sharing and connecting!!!
  • Hakers344
    Hakers344 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimberley, I love love love wine too.... And crisps. And pasta... And anything else bad for me lol. Add me and we can help each other thru our cravings.
  • keyski5
    keyski5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi kymberley! Nice 2 meet! Ive been off and on myself so i can relate. We got this though. Nice to connect to others who are in this fight! One bite at a time we will be victorious!
  • kimberly40
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you for the encouragement! :D
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Gemma, if you need any motivation and support then feel free to add me! :)
  • kimberly40
    Options
    Hakers344 wrote: »
    Hi Kimberley, I love love love wine too.... And crisps. And pasta... And anything else bad for me lol. Add me and we can help each other thru our cravings.

Sounds so familiar!!! Thanks for being here! I'm here for you, too. Let's do this.
  • blondenbubbly
    blondenbubbly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Crystal, I'm 35, born in Michigan but now I live in Ohio.
    I have been doing MFP for a little over a year. I had lost almost 40lbs on it but kinda fell off the wagon. So here I am now down 26lbs and of need of losing at least 75lbs more. It's not easy but with friends it really makes a difference. If you would like to add me I would love to help try to keep you motivated.
  • mirandajling
    mirandajling Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I bet you'll reach your goal this time! You can add me if you like. I'm looking for some supportive weight loss buddies as well. I've been really motivated lately but I have been on and off this too. Ready to get serious and lose the last twenty pounds! :smile:
  • Candylou11
    Candylou11 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Would be nice to have some new friends. I am about 32 pounds lost into my journey. Long ways to go but a start. I am finding making small changes are best, and sometimes when the scale numbers are not going down, it is best to focus on the non-scale accomplishments instead.
  • GemdropsMarie
    GemdropsMarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Gemma, 21 from the North West. I'm completely new to this app and I'm also reaching out for support.
    Today is day one of the diet and exercise regime and I'm hoping to lose 3 stone. I have a long way to go but I have a few goals in mind and I'm hoping having friends on here will help me that little bit more.
    Please feel free to add me :)
  • louisejoy9
    louisejoy9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new on here. I would like some friend I start a protein diet . Plus gave up bread . If u want to add me please do
  • shmyrs
    shmyrs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome...added you! I've also used this off and on but never connected with others. Just had my 3rd child and very committed. Let's motivate each other :)
  • nickswifey09
    nickswifey09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I am new to this as well. We are looking to have another baby but I want to lose some weight first. I have been using my fitbit and MFP for just under a month now and have lost almost 20 pounds by watching what I eat AND walking:) There are always ways to get around the bread and chips! I use sandwich thins for lunch which are amazing! I also each chips still! I just eat a serving size!! Its all about serving sizes:) Feel free to add me if you like!
  • GaijinAdrian
    GaijinAdrian Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We can learn from each other, see what works and what doesn't. I am currently trying to lose body fat so I will be here for a while.
  • XxXxBethlrxXxX
    XxXxBethlrxXxX Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I've never really connected to people on here before but I really need the motivation especially from people who are going through the same thing.
    I'm ready to make a change!