smoothie recipies

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
hey :) im just looking for some delicious smoothie recipies! please comment if you have any nice ones soo i can try them out :D. i like all sorts of fruit. feel free to go ahead and comment

Replies

• katebrennan
    katebrennan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite is:

1.5c almond milk ~ vanilla (60 cal)
    Brown Cow Greek yogurt (80 cal)
    1/2 of a small banana (45 cal)
    1 tbsp flax seed ~ ground (43 cal)
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries/blackberries/raspberries (30 cal)

Mix in blender. Awesome post workout meal!!:flowerforyou:
  • nurse_carolyn
    nurse_carolyn Posts: 348
    Options
    Green smoothies are very healthy and surprizingly refreshing. You can buy them in the grocery store but I make my own b/c the ones in the grocery store are full of sugar and probably colour additives. When you make them yourself they are not the prettiest colour but they taste good. I just use one green leaf (take out the spine) of either dandilion, bokchoy, spinach, etc... add frozen strawberries, a 1/2 frozen banana, alittle bit of apple juice, I like a touch of lemon, and blend up. Basically you can add what ever you want but the addition of "greens" are very healthy.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    1 carton of chocolate muscle milk, 3/4 cup ice, 1 banana. Put in blender...Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (blender noise) put it in a pretty cup or glass. Chocolate creamy bliss. About 280 cals. Very filling, very satisfying!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do:

1 cup water
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    1 cup frozen fruit
    1 large handful fresh baby spinach

You can make it with or without the spinach. You can't taste the spinach at all, but it is a good way to get some veggies and vitamins in.

The shake is plenty thick..there's no yogurt or milk necessary.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    yes you can pretty much use any mix you like :) but I agree with the posters that mentioned spinach to the mix......very easy way to get soem greens and you dont even notice it
  • bettyboop573
    Options
    i made one the other night with frozen mango, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, apple butter, spinach and I think some chia seeds...yum :)
  • bbahmer377
    bbahmer377 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is one that my coach suggested we drink after our workouts. It has high calories, but it definitely fills you up and has a lot of vitamins. I eat it for lunch almost everyday. It probably has alot of sugar in in, but it tastes just like a frosty from wendys! :D

Carnation - Instant Breakfast Essentials - Rich Milk Chocolate - 1 Package
    Banana - 1 whole
    Jif - Natural - Creamy Peanut Butter - 1 Tbsp
    Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim) - 0.75 cup
    Ice cubes - 0.50 cup
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Got my favorite from another poster on here:
    1 cup Orange juice
    1 scoop Vanilla Whey
    1/2 cup froz raspberries (think strawberries would be good too)
    and 1/2 to a full banana
    Sooooo yummy - tastes like an orange julius. But I save it for days that I know I will be more active just because of the few extra calories form the OJ

Otherwise it's Whey Gourmet brand - any flavor - with skim milk. I have been curious about green smoothies too, thinkI will give one of the above a shot :)
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm always up for new ideas....
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    thankyou guys :) i wl have to try some of these :) i think i prefer fruit than like veg smoothies. but thankyou
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I scoop of Chocholate Shakeology, 1 banana, (or 1/2 cup of strawberries, blueberries) 1 cup of Almond milk, tablespoon of peanutbutter . handfull of ice and blend. Love it! (I'll also ad 1/2 cup of mocha flavored coffee and 1/2 cup of almond milk)

Its fun just thinking up mixtures.
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Google smoothieweb.com. Lots and lots of delicious recipes. My favorite is the tropical smoothie.
  • nurse_carolyn
    nurse_carolyn Posts: 348
    Options
    This is one that my coach suggested we drink after our workouts. It has high calories, but it definitely fills you up and has a lot of vitamins. I eat it for lunch almost everyday. It probably has alot of sugar in in, but it tastes just like a frosty from wendys! :D

Carnation - Instant Breakfast Essentials - Rich Milk Chocolate - 1 Package
    Banana - 1 whole
    Jif - Natural - Creamy Peanut Butter - 1 Tbsp
    Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim) - 0.75 cup
    Ice cubes - 0.50 cup

this one sounds amazing:)
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat this one most mornings:

1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 banana
    1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt
    1/2 cup OJ

Simple and delicious. The best part of this one is that you can throw in other little things to really change it up (1/2 tbsp natural PB, a scoop of protein powder, 1/2 square of Baker's dark chocolate for an incredibly delicious, yet not highly caloric, treat, etc)
  • bhawkins0617
    bhawkins0617 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite. I call it banana milk:

1 banana
    1/2 cup plain yogurt
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 T. peanut butter
    dash of vanilla and cinnamon
    1 T. flax seed meal
    1 t. honey
    several ice cubes

Blend and enjoy!
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    this smoothie tastes like an oatmeal cookie:

2 frozen bananas
    1/4 cup of quick cooking rolled oats
    1/4 cup liquid (i use almond milk)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 coconut date roll (or a medjool date, or 1 tbsp raisins. but the coconut date rolls are the BEST)

sooooo good
  • bettyboop573
    Options
    thats looks so good :)