Don't have energy to workout?

Options
Hello! I'm having a problem since I started lowering my calories for weight loss. I don't have any energy for morning workouts! UHGGGG, I barely go 20 mins on elliptical and have to stop. I know it's because of my intake, but do you have any advace? Some food, supplement or something that might help?

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Experiment - try a larger meal the night before?
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should... I'm only having a soup and salad :D Do you think I should take multivitamines?
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    diary is closed, open it up.

• AutumnElf80
    AutumnElf80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wait are you only having a soup and salad for the day or for dinner?? Try to make sure you're getting adequate amounts of protein and carbs for energy, also experiment with what time of day you work out. Nothing is going to make me energetic at 6 am but I can do anything at 6 pm.....
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Vitamins aren't going to help your energy levels the next day, or any day.

You should open your food diary for this sort of discussion to be helpful. :smile:
  • MissBabyJane
    Options
    Wait are you only having a soup and salad for the day or for dinner?? Try to make sure you're getting adequate amounts of protein and carbs for energy, also experiment with what time of day you work out. Nothing is going to make me energetic at 6 am but I can do anything at 6 pm.....

Ooops, no! For dinner, through the day I eat other stuff. Like for breakfast I eat yogurt with walnuts and honey, for lunch grilled chicken with some vegetables and for dinner salad and soup in the between I would grab some fruit, like apple or banana... granola bar and a coffee at leat two cups! And calories do add up pretty quickly. :D
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Cafffeieieeeiin.!

or you could try eating a little more. I definitely start to feel my energy drop when I'm in need of a cheat meal.
  • xstevedx
    xstevedx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    BCAA's is great for energy. That's how I get through morning pre meal cardio and my afternoon weight training. If i was weight training early though, i would personally have a protein shake ready to mix by my bed in the morning.
  • robbienielsen28
    robbienielsen28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try a yummy pre workout! (Warrior Hers by warrior fuel)
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You are not lacking energy from a biological standpoint... Rather, you are normal person who is just starting out and lacking motivation. Dreading going to the gym is going to drain you until you reach that point when you get pumped for it.

Also, there is no need to do the elliptical for 20 minutes every time you go to the gym And I wouldn't advise it. Try focusing on a proven weight lifting routine instead of tons of cardio. Lastly, if morning workouts drain you then go in the afternoon or night.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to eat more, soup & salad isn't going to cut it if you are active during the day.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Eat more
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm having a problem since I started lowering my calories for weight loss. I don't have any energy for morning workouts! UHGGGG, I barely go 20 mins on elliptical and have to stop. I know it's because of my intake, but do you have any advace? Some food, supplement or something that might help?

how big a deficit do you have?
  • MissBabyJane
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    You are not lacking energy from a biological standpoint... Rather, you are normal person who is just starting out and lacking motivation. Dreading going to the gym is going to drain you until you reach that point when you get pumped for it.

Also, there is no need to do the elliptical for 20 minutes every time you go to the gym And I wouldn't advise it. Try focusing on a proven weight lifting routine instead of tons of cardio. Lastly, if morning workouts drain you then go in the afternoon or night.

Look, my problem is a lack of motivation. I'm working out for 3 years regulary 5 times a week. So if I'm not sick or something there is no stopping me from workout. I've been feeling like this for the past 2 weeks. After workout I get shaky, my blood sugar drops etc. I was asking advace for nutritional food or maybe a supplement.
  • MissBabyJane
    Options
    To the others: thank you, guys. I will add more protein in my meals and try to eat more.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • BuckyArden33
    BuckyArden33 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    strong coffee should do the trick
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    A banana and a coffee before hand are great, gives you the carbs and caffeine kick.