Have been dieting for two months and not losing anymore weight

Options
2»

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Well yes I actually know I'm not eating enough, but since I'm not losing weight anymore I don't know what to do

Well here's a tip - starving yourself isn't going to do anything good for your health.

You really don't need to lose anymore weight, you're already tilting towards the end of the healthy weight spectrum.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Well yes I actually know I'm not eating enough, but since I'm not losing weight anymore I don't know what to do

Starving yourself isn't the answer, no more than cutting off an arm to lose the weight is. Count your calories accurately, you still haven't answered if you weigh all your food or not. You may actually be eating way more than you think you are. And be patient, with only 7lbs to lose you shouldn't be aiming for more than half a pound a week. Plus you look great in your profile pic anyway, it really doesn't look like you need to lose more weight (though I hesitate to say that since people say it all the time to me and I'm still trying to lose a few more pounds!).
  • upchur35
    upchur35 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are DEFINITELY under-eating. To put things in prospective the girl who runs this website: http://thebananagirl.com/ eats 3000 calories a day. Your body is now doing everything it can to stop losing weight because you are starving it. The best way to lose weight is to make sure you are eating the recommended amount of calories this website suggests, choose a fitness goal, and start training for it. Remember that the point of losing weight should always to be healthy. I recommend you talk to your doctor about your weight-loss goals and they will help you achieve it in a safe and healthy way.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    upchur35 wrote: »
    You are DEFINITELY under-eating. To put things in prospective the girl who runs this website: http://thebananagirl.com/ eats 3000 calories a day. Your body is now doing everything it can to stop losing weight because you are starving it. The best way to lose weight is to make sure you are eating the recommended amount of calories this website suggests, choose a fitness goal, and start training for it. Remember that the point of losing weight should always to be healthy. I recommend you talk to your doctor about your weight-loss goals and they will help you achieve it in a safe and healthy way.

No, that's not how starvation mode works. And I won't even get into it about the banana girl...

OP, eat more for your health, and log accurately to lose weight.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Weigh all your food so you know exactly how much you are eating; don't just go by packet recommendations (as in, one croissant is 230 calories or whatever). Eat AT LEAST 1200 calories a day.

Loads of people here (me being one of them) are losing weight eating more than 1200 calories, but 1200 is the minimum any female should be eating.

And be realistic. You are not going to lose 5lbs in one week, and trying to will either lead to illness or binging.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    cathie22la wrote: »
    Martina, 600 calories a day is way too low. As others have stated, you are in starvation mode. Please read that link above from Mayo Clinic. 1200 is the magic number not to go below. Please rethink your strategy and think long term. The point is to loose weight and do so healthfully for a long and healthy life.

While she is certainly under-eating if 600 is true, this is incorrect information. Starvation mode, as referenced, is a myth. 1200 is not the magic number. The magic number is your TDEE for maintenance, and TDEE - x for weight loss where x equals a number appropriate for your current weight and amount you need to lose... all while providing adequate nutrition to meet your macros and micros.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    You don't need to lose weight.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options

It sounds like you don't really know the basics. The reason for the lowest calorie limit for girls being 1200 is that you need a certain amount of Protein, fat, fiber, and vitamins for your body to function properly. It's hard to get to those levels on restricted calories.

Eat to what mfp tells you and get at a minimum what it suggests for protein, fat, and fiber.

Looking at your picture, it looks like you need to add some muscle. The women here are fantastic and very knowledgeable. Trust what they say.

*also I'd recommend going and reading the stickies at the top of each forum section. They are full of great information that will give you the knowledge on how to go about getting the results you want in the right (healthy) way.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    cathie22la wrote: »
    Martina, 600 calories a day is way too low. As others have stated, you are in starvation mode. Please read that link above from Mayo Clinic. 1200 is the magic number not to go below. Please rethink your strategy and think long term. The point is to loose weight and do so healthfully for a long and healthy life.

While she is certainly under-eating if 600 is true, this is incorrect information. Starvation mode, as referenced, is a myth. 1200 is not the magic number. The magic number is your TDEE for maintenance, and TDEE - x for weight loss where x equals a number appropriate for your current weight and amount you need to lose... all while providing adequate nutrition to meet your macros and micros.

^^^^ YES!
    I cringe every time somebody answers with "you are in starvation mode". uugg! >:)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    upchur35 wrote: »

Don't bring up Freelee...
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You are 25 years old according to your profile, but is deliberately starving yourself like a silly, ignorant teenager.....Grow up, get some help, start reading and learn more...Oh, and eat more food.....
    And for the clever people who just love to display their brilliant knowledge on the semantics of the word "starvation", the issue here is not your cleverness, it is someone who thinks eating 600 calories a day is OK......
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    You are 25 years old according to your profile, but is deliberately starving yourself like a silly, ignorant teenager.....Grow up, get some help, start reading and learn more...Oh, and eat more food.....
    And for the clever people who just love to display their brilliant knowledge on the semantics of the word "starvation", the issue here is not your cleverness, it is someone who thinks eating 600 calories a day is OK......

Dispelling the "starvation mode" myth is pretty necessary, as demonstrated every day on these forums.

The OP Is not in "starvation mode." She is starving herself.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Well losing more weight isn't the answer.

Be healthy, be well. Eat more calories and seek some professional help.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

You'd rather people just left the incorrect information for everyone to believe?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

If someone eats 600 calories a day, they're certainly going to lose weight rather than maintain/gain.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You need a doctor, not advice on how to lose more weight here. Seriously.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Did someone pee in your cornflakes? How about showing sensitivity to someone who may have a problem, instead of calling them names? Do you call people with anxiety disorders or depression ignorant and silly? Do you tell them to just grow up and stop being sad? I think perhaps you could use a little more cleverness.