Need advice with low carb meals

Options
2»

Replies

• splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    2 fruit per day and no more that 100 gr of carbs between pasta and bread per day. If you eat past you can't eat potatoes neither legumes and vice versa, you should be ok.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    The percentages are just what the app has set for me. I never said the 50% was low I was saying I kept going over(by like 10%). Which is why I wanted some recepies for lower carb meals so I can spread it out throughout the day.i abit of a dumbass with all this as its all new to me.never done the whole diet thing.just wanting to lose abit of weight that's stayed with me from over the Christmas holidays lol!
    Thanks for all he advice guys I've taken note and will check out some recepies on those website :) x
    Well, even 40% is not low carb.

If you want low carb, you need to set those perimeters yourself. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Haha I hope I get used to it! Missing potatoes already Slimbride2be.
    thanks rodarose that's a good start on veggies for me.loving asparagus atm so that's good lol!
    Rabbit I'm aloud 30% fat and 20% protein. I'm around 81/2 stone give or take.ive never owned scales!:o think I'll b getting today lol

Just curious: if you are going to miss certain foods, why are you doing low carb? If you are trying to lose weight, the only way it will come off is to eat at a calorie deficit. You will lose water only when lowering carbs, but it will come right back next time you eat something carb heavy.

I personally can't do low carb, but I know people who do. :)
  • deanpearce
    deanpearce Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I normally follow the ketogenic diet and use reddit.com/r/ketorecipes for ideas. Normally if you are going low carb you should be cutting to 50g of carbs per day. You can achieve this by eating mostly fats and proteins. Steak, chicken, fish are great protein sources. My personal rule for veggies is to stay above ground, as root vegetables like carrots or onions tend to be higher in carbs. If you are feeling hungry, you may not be getting enough fiber.

Learn to love spices and seasonings. Bored with steak? Add some nice peppercorns. Bored with chicken? Why not season with some basil and oregano.

If you feel the need for carbs, try to get them from healthy sources like fruits and vegetables. Berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries) and heavy cream taste delicious, are relatively low in carbohydrates, and have a good amount of fiber.